BMI - Even at my target still shows overweight!

I just tried that, I have fairly skinny wrists (in the fact that there's no fat there), but my finger and thumb don't touch. Here's what it says about me...

Ideal weight range is 158 - 173.8 lbs. (71.8 - 79 kg.).
You are marginally overweight by 11.2 lbs. (5 kg.).

Your ideal weight range-- 158 - 173.8 lbs. (71.8 - 79 kg.). --is based on a formula that calculates what a healthy weight is for most people of your height (67 inches) and frame size (Large).

I don't know how accurate it is, I know I'm aiming for 165lbs as a target, it takes me to 11st 7lbs, 3lbs above normal BMI, but I'm not worried about this as I'm athletic and have muscles. Any less than this and I start to look ill, which is not the look I'm going for!!!

I was in the obese category for that long I'd forgotten what I looked like in the normal category so I found it really difficult to set targets, in the end you just have to stop at a weight where YOU feel comfortable, happy and healthy. Meeting up with other people's expectations puts more pressure on you that you don't need when you're dieting.

And the fact that we're all doing something about our weight means that we've already won!

Back