BMI Healthy Range

dave_79

Am I right in thinking that you get to Gold membership (ie free weigh-ins/meetings!) when you get into the 'healthy' range of your BMI?

I ask because I'm tall and of big build and the very top end of 'healthy' for me seems virtually impossible to me. Seems like I will be paying forever unless when I get towards the overweight / healthy borderline I begin to starve myself and feel utterly miserable just to drop my BMI to under 25.

Anyone else have a similar issue? On my first week my leader said something about you being able to discuss with your own GP and agree what is the 'healthy' BMI for you personally, as opposed to just going by the general chart (ie <18 underweight, 18-25 healty, 25-30 overweight, 30+ obese). This seems to make sense as surely we all have a different frame, different work/lifestyles, family situations, etc etc. Has anyone done this, had their own 'healthy' BMI set with their GP, been able to reach and maintain that and as such get to Gold?

For my 'healthy bmi' I should be between 8 and 11stone. I will never weigh 8 stone!!
If you speak to your leader you can discuss a Target goal weight which you can reach.

I'm 12st 11lbs now and have to be 10st 5lbs to be WW gold weight. Im not sure that weight would be right for me at all so am planning to lose another stone then go and talk to my gp about it. I've heard of people agreeing a weight with their gp that's healthy and sensible. BMI is a very simplistic and outdated measure

Back