BMI now 25! Can I carry on SS?

clairabellx

Hi everyone,

My BMI is nearly 25 now but when I started I wanted to get lower than that because I am doing this for general health reasons (decrease my BP and PCOS - maybe get preggers in future!) as well as lose weight. Has anyone used SS or 790 with a goal weight of less than BMI 25 before? I just read in the yellow book that I should only go back on SS if BMI is over 25. I would like to be slimmer still, and had planned to stick with it till I got BMI 22.6 (9.5 stones and 5ft 4"). Is this ok? My CDC said that you can use CD as a long-term weight management strategy - she is 8.5 stones and 5ft 4", I think she said and still uses 3 packs a day.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Hiya

You cannot do SS or 790 with a BMI of 25 or under, you simply don't have enough body fat and you could end up losing lean muscle mass, which you don't want to do. If you're already SSing then when your BMI approaches 25 you need to start moving up through the maintenance steps spending a couple of weeks on each. You will still lose weight this way and it usually starts to stabilise around 1500 cals, but this varies from person to person. If you want to start doing a CD, your BMI has to be 25 plus one stone to be able to do SS and even then you won't be doing it for long. You really need to be doing one of the higher plans with food.

You can use CD to help longer term, once you've reached your goal and your weight has stabilised. It's usually just one pack per day for nutrition to have in conjunction with normal food, you can't use SS or 790 to maintain as it's far too low.

HTH, shout if you need to know any more :)

Thanks Madam Dotty,
I think that I would be happier going to 790 and 'learning' to eat sensibly again. I have enjoyed doing SS and the break from food and worrying about it - definitely feel stronger for it, but I know I need to return to it at some point. But I also still feel that I have a way to go. I really would like to lose another 1.5 stones as I have several resistant pockets of body fat (thighs, tummy) and still more than enough on my waist.

It would be great to know how others who still had some to lose, managed to get the last stone (or so) off - all advice appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Sorry I don't have the answer but I would love someone to come on and tell how they lost the last stone as I would like to get down to BMI lower than 25 too.

Back