BMI same as my age!!

Hi GemBino

Totally with you on shakes etc being money stashed in your cupboard. I feel very virtuous that I’m ‘using up’ £50 this week!

Looking forward to the bubbles (although I expect my siblings, in laws etc will expect it to be them, when actually I’d rather see my friends! I don’t think it would go down too well if I admitted that.)

Gosh, thanks for reading the whole thing. It’s a bit like War & Peace by this stage!

Hopefully a week of shakes might speed things up a bit so I don’t bore people’s pants off forever more.

Hmm I would say it feels good but a few of them are out of date and consequently made me feel slightly nauseous.... only what I deserve I suppose.

No not at all - it was interesting enough for me to persevere! You’re very relatable.

The highlight of my week is a Thursday evening when all my neighbours come out to clap 👏🏼 😂 Real humans!

How are you today?

Hmm I would say it feels good but a few of them are out of date and consequently made me feel slightly nauseous.... only what I deserve I suppose.

No not at all - it was interesting enough for me to persevere! You’re very relatable.

The highlight of my week is a Thursday evening when all my neighbours come out to clap 👏🏼 😂 Real humans!

How are you today?
Er, what?! You don’t deserve to eat something that makes you feel sick. However annoyed you are at yourself for progress or lack of, you will never deserve to be punished for that. You are not a dustbin. Bin the out of date ones. That’s an official Kaysa order!

I get what you mean about seeing other people from a distance - it’s really exciting!

Two pounds off today, thank goodness. That brings me back into the 16s and also brings my total weight loss back to 3st. Now I need to focus on ploughing through the 16s as quickly as possible, rather than get stuck around here as usual.

I can’t say being back on the Cambridge Diet shakes is the most exciting thing in the world. But I’ve done three days, so only have four days left to go on it then all my products will be used up and I can bin that box that’s been berating me for nearly a year. I will really enjoy sticking it in the recycling!

And I will really enjoy starting back on Slimming World after a week without fresh food. I would love a vegetable right now!

Two pounds off today, thank goodness. That brings me back into the 16s and also brings my total weight loss back to 3st. Now I need to focus on ploughing through the 16s as quickly as possible, rather than get stuck around here as usual.

I can’t say being back on the Cambridge Diet shakes is the most exciting thing in the world. But I’ve done three days, so only have four days left to go on it then all my products will be used up and I can bin that box that’s been berating me for nearly a year. I will really enjoy sticking it in the recycling!

And I will really enjoy starting back on Slimming World after a week without fresh food. I would love a vegetable right now!
That's great well done, I managed 1but at least it's a loss🤷‍♀️
Bet you're looking forward to sw next week 😊

That's great well done, I managed 1but at least it's a loss🤷‍♀️
Bet you're looking forward to sw next week 😊
Fitatforty well done for the loss! Goodness me yes, I can’t wait for a salad!

A lot of people who attend SW sessions run by my leader post their meals online.

I’m quite shocked by what some of them are eating and bragging about as being ‘on plan.’ Mainly huge piles of chips (cooked with spray oil), or massive bowls of pasta.

These are the same people who then complain that they ‘stayed on plan’ so can’t understand why they’re not losing weight.

I wonder if the leaders aren’t allowed to point out to them that if their meal was more balanced (I.e. a small portion of carbs, more focus on veg and protein) they might actually start losing weight, because technically they’re eating ‘free’ foods. They’re just ignoring all the advice about filling half their plate with vegetables etc.

I feel like commenting on their posts saying, “For the love of god, Sarah, if you eat that many potatoes every day you will end up looking like one! Would it kill you to eat a floret of broccoli?”

But of course I don’t. I carry on listening each week at group to the people who rejoice about the quantity of pasta they are ‘allowed’ to eat, while simultaneously whinging that they’ve lost no weight, and not seeing the connection.

A lot of people who attend SW sessions run by my leader post their meals online.

I’m quite shocked by what some of them are eating and bragging about as being ‘on plan.’ Mainly huge piles of chips (cooked with spray oil), or massive bowls of pasta.

These are the same people who then complain that they ‘stayed on plan’ so can’t understand why they’re not losing weight.

I wonder if the leaders aren’t allowed to point out to them that if their meal was more balanced (I.e. a small portion of carbs, more focus on veg and protein) they might actually start losing weight, because technically they’re eating ‘free’ foods. They’re just ignoring all the advice about filling half their plate with vegetables etc.

I feel like commenting on their posts saying, “For the love of god, Sarah, if you eat that many potatoes every day you will end up looking like one! Would it kill you to eat a floret of broccoli?”

But of course I don’t. I carry on listening each week at group to the people who rejoice about the quantity of pasta they are ‘allowed’ to eat, while simultaneously whinging that they’ve lost no weight, and not seeing the connection.

I would be the same and totally agree. Also me "mmmmm unlimited carbs" 😂 😂 We will learn! Eventually

Excellent idea to mix up the diets. I was contemplating doing calorie counting for (insert currently unspecified time bracket). I've done 9 weeks of SW so might press on for 1 more week then do a 10 weeks on, 10 weeks off thing. Still contemplating. CD is a great idea though. Good luck! x

Excellent idea to mix up the diets. I was contemplating doing calorie counting for (insert currently unspecified time bracket). I've done 9 weeks of SW so might press on for 1 more week then do a 10 weeks on, 10 weeks off thing. Still contemplating. CD is a great idea though. Good luck! x
Having a week off has made me look forward to starting the SW diet again, and I was a bit bored, so it’s done the job. Good luck swapping for something else for a bit.

I have messed the whole thing up. I have eaten lots of unhealthy food. I feel disgusting.

I have messed the whole thing up. I have eaten lots of unhealthy food. I feel disgusting.

You haven’t messed the whole thing up! Just a slip up, we all have them.

Draw a line under it and start a fresh Kaysa, don’t let it spiral and undo all your hard work (speaking from experience!). You can do this 💕

I’m back. Tail between legs. 8lb heavier. Ready to try again. Back on SW. Day 1 (yet again).

Guess who’s back, back again, Kaysa’s back, tell a friend.

Well that didn’t go to plan, did it? I lasted about two days then everything went to pot. Another 4lb gained.

Back on it like a car bonnet today.

I have even.... (drumroll please) done the first run on the couch to 5k app this morning. It nearly killed me. I can’t believe how unfit I have become. Running for just eight minutes has left me with a face the colour of a strawberry and legs so jellified I could barely make it up the stairs to the shower.

Exactly ten years ago, to the week (thank you, FB memories,) I did a 5k race. I did it in 31 minutes. I haven’t run since. I’m determined to get my fitness levels back up to a basic “I can run after Brad Pitt in the street without panting” level. In case that should become necessary at some point.

In other breaking news I have persuaded the husband to do SW with me for two weeks. He’s not interested in the rules etc (opposite of me, I love a good rule to abide by!) but has, somewhat reluctantly, agreed to eat the food for a fortnight. I’m hoping he might get such great results that he’ll decide to carry on after that, but I doubt he will. It’ll make it so much easier for me if I’m not buying food that might tempt me off track.

On the “man eat MEAT” menu to please the husband today is:

Breakfast: Bacon, eggs, beans, mushrooms, tea

Lunch: Jacket potato with tuna, into which I’ve added grated carrot, apple and chopped celery, pepper and cucumber, plus some lemon and lime juice. Grated cheese on the jacket potato.

Dinner: Steak, SW chips for the husband, asparagus, carrots, artichoke bottoms (they’ve been sitting in the freezer for ages so I thought I’d better give them a whirl.)

Plus husband plans to use all his syns on wine. Fair enough.

Hopefully that will fill him up and keep him going until day 2. I have become a SW feeder!

Back