body changing and mind catch up?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by lissyp, 1 May 2011 Social URL.

1. lissyp

lissyp Member

we went to a park yesterday and my daughter took photos of me. i look massive im amazed that my perception of myself has changed so much. as if my eyes/mind was in denial of how fat i actually was. im gonna put some photo's of me here a sec so i can just see how i felt at the time looking at the photos.

a year ago 21st
    [​IMG]
    new year 18st
    [​IMG]
    my hen do 2007 (my original goal weight 16st3)
    [​IMG]
    feb 16st7
    [​IMG]
    last week 15st 10?
    [​IMG]
    yesterday 15st5
    [​IMG]

its crazy because without these photo's i would still feel as if im 21st when i look at myself in the mirror i dont see much of a difference at all. im so glad that i have had photo's taken because i need for my head to catch up now. i have reversed my thinking. like i thought i looked ok. and now i think i am massive.

Does anyone else think like me? why have i become more critical of myself now?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. curvygirlyclaire

curvygirlyclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st5lb(23.19%)
    Diet:
    Low carb/Exante
    I feel the same, I have only lost 3 stone, but seeing my photos ( on the lipotrim site if interested) of me b4 and now only 12 weeks into it, I have noticed a massive difference, but in my head I looked nearly the same.
    When I go to weigh myself i still expect to see the number 18 instead of 15 something now lol, I have to correct my thought process. You look amazing my the way and well done xx

4. lissyp

lissyp Member

Im off to have a look at your pics. i really struggled this last month i had a planned break as my boyfriend took me away and couldn't get back on it. im back and on day 7 now and really really want to get to my goal by my year diet anniversary. im desperate to get there. How do you stay focused?

5. pjlucy

pjlucy Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim & save
    your looking fantastic, wonderful to see the changes.;)

6. cybill

cybill Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(14.43%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I have the same, after 7 stone down, when I look down I still don't really see the difference - which is crazy. I'm just about to print out my before and current pics to remind me how far I've come. My mind is slowly starting to catch up though, and now in the mirror, side on I can see the difference. It is weird the games our heads play. I think it's because every day you look at yourself and it's only a tiny bit different to the day before, so you don't notice it.

I know I have to sort out my thinking and start to realise that I am getting closer to a healthy weight now.

7. lissyp

lissyp Member

oh i would love to see your photo's printing them out is such a good idea! are you putting them anywhere? perhaps i should blutack some to the kitchen cupboard!

8. cybill

cybill Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(14.43%)
    Diet:
    Exante
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.