Body Magic Anyone?

ohtobeslinky

Silver Member
Ok so my consultant has asked me to fill in the F.I.T. sheets that we get in our pack and to have a look at the Body Magic book. I've had a look - and I am baffled.

How do I work out how many "Bronze" points I have done? Can I skip Bronze and go on to Silver if my exercise is already higher than just walking?

I do 3 high intensity gym 1 hour sessions a week and 1 2 hour rugby training a week. So how on earth do I work this out?! Any ideas would be great. x

Ok so my consultant has asked me to fill in the F.I.T. sheets that we get in our pack and to have a look at the Body Magic book. I've had a look - and I am baffled.

How do I work out how many "Bronze" points I have done?

For bronze you do 3 lots of 15 mins sessions a week for 4 weeks.
Can I skip Bronze and go on to Silver if my exercise is already higher than just walking?
No. You must do bronze first for 4 weeks and then go straight onto silver. Bronze isn't just walking, it's anything for at least 15 mins. If you do more then it's a bonus!

I do 3 high intensity gym 1 hour sessions a week and 1 2 hour rugby training a week. So how on earth do I work this out?! Any ideas would be great. x

You obviously do enough exercise so will get bronze no problem. Just log what you do for 4 weeks.

Then after 4 weeks, for your silver, you have to do 3 x 30 mins sessions a week or 6 x 15 min sessions for another 4 weeks.

Then straight after that is gold which is 6 x 30 min sessions a week for 6 weeks (or it might be 8)

In short, you do enough for bronze and silver, you just need to wait for the weeks to pass!

Oh and you don't have to hand the fit logs into your consultant, just tell her you have done a week's body magic and she should log it.

Ahhh it makes a lot more sense now. Thanks hun! x

i had a problem filling in my log as i did loads of exercise from the start so didnt really see a point in filling it in as when i went to the next level i wasnt actually increasing my exercise... just didnt make sense to me x

Phil - you seem to have done this Body Magic malarky. How does it work when I already do more exercise than obviously expected? How do I "up" it to go further on it? x

With body magic, the exercise has to be IN ADDITION to what you do normally anyway. Otherwise in your case you would be instantly entitled to bronze as you already do enough.

Body magic is about increasing your fitness from what it currently is, so to do it properly you would have to do additional exercise to what is normal for you.

To 'up' my exercise I started playing badminton every week and joined a 'bums, legs and tums' class as well as walking a LOT more

xxx

Blimmin' heck! So I'm meant to do MORE than I'm already doing?! I'm nearly dying now so I don't know how I can push it any further. I'm doing more now than I was when I joined SW - does that count? x

I would say so. Body Magic is about improving fitness from what it was pre-plan. You shouldn't really count what you always did prior to SW plan, but anything after was a result of your new lifestyle, so should count towards a lovely award

Good luck mate- make it realistic, fun and don't force it for the sake of it- this lifestyle has to be sustainable and a change for the better- no point in killing yourself in the process!!!!

xxxx

Cheers hun - I am aiming for a big goal - 6 gym sessions a week - this may only last a week before I realise it will actually kill me. Simply walking with 10 extra stone on my frame is hard work! But seeing my personal trainer is great - so that's the fun part I guess! x

too much gym can have a negative effect for lots of reasons. If you are doing six days you MUST change the routine on each occassions. The reason being if that your body will get used to the workout and you will slow your developement. You should only do every other day and one full day off. The sesseion shopuld be no more than 45 mins with wrm up and cool down times. Don't go over as this will put more strain on you with very little effect for the positive. work your cardio to 65% to 85% burn if using weights only increase in 5% stages throught four reps at each machine ( depending on whta you want to tone)
A tips is to keep your body guessing what you are doing at each session. This keeps you interested and gives a total workout.

Don't over do it... its doen't do you anygood !!. The rest periods are just as important as the workout seesions.

Philx

What do you get out of the body magic thing? is it free weight ins or anthing? i do evercise everyday but i haven't filled out any forms for it!

sounds good to me! think i'll start filling mine in then :)

Ahhh thank you Phil for the advice and the tips. I will make sure I change it and keep it interesting. x

Ok just a quick update - proving that exercise is very very good for you! My trainer weighed me yesterday - only 5 days since the last weigh in with him so I wasn't expecting much......... but half a stone gone! Just like that! Half a stone in 5 days! Whooohoooo! I know it won't stay at this rate but I'm bloody chuffed seeing as I actually had a pound gain at my SW weigh in last week - can't wait til Thursday now for my next SW weigh in! x

Hehehehe @ Phil - hey if it was you getting my large butt onto that treadmill you would be being paid £35 an hour - but unfortunately that goes to Rob (aka the ******* who makes me sweat - and not in a good way!) x

Back