*^~Boofaloos Diary Thread~^* Day 1 going well!!

glad you had a good day Helen, you seem to be determined now, cant belive this bloomin weather tonight, Im sat in the conservatory and it sounds like a damn caravan, cant hear myself think!!! EEEE its grim up norf!
Hope it improves by the morning, there is a steam ralley on at Temple Newsome in Leeds and really fancied a look.
Have a great Bank Hol x

Had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning - 12st 7lbs!!!!!

That means I have reached my target for August!! Really, really pleased and now hoping I can get another stone off before me and my hubby go to Edinburgh at the end of September!

Feel very determined and cant quite believe it to be honest. I made toast for everyone this morning and it just didnt bother me. I know it wont always be like this and some days i will really want to eat but it's nice when i'm not bothered!!!!

AARGH I spoke too soon. :(

Had a tough day today, My hubby is away again and I have been nibbling.
I'm terrible at comfort eating when i'm lonely and today has been a lonely day.
Added together I havent really eaten alot but it's all been carb based so i'm sure i'll have knocked myself out of ketosis.
I also find when i've reached a target I relax a bit about the diet and eat. I have tried rewarding myself with non food things but so far havent really found anything that is much of a treat as food is to me. This disappoints me and makes me feel terrible. :(

Anyway tomorrows another day. I know I can get back to ssing and not cheat - I just have to remind myself not to have that first nibble - it always leads to another and another!!

I have no doubt I can get to goal - i just know it's goignt o be a longer and harder journey than other people.
It's like my dad says ' Helen, You always choose to do things the hard way!' ;)

Aw dear helen, it must be so tough when you are on your own, I think you may have to clear out the cupboards to try and stop nibbling, i have bread in the freezer so it doesnt tempt me,. I know if it was in the bread bin id eat it!
Keep going matey, you have done so well so far, let me know if you feel the urge to nibble, ill talk you through not doing it, believe me ive had many urges!
Good luck for tommorrow,, look forward to your update x

Yesterday was ok. I took the kids out and managed to stay strong with food but didnt drink as much water as I should. I ended up with a banging headache and have put some weight on today no doubt due to water retention!!

Have made myself a week by week chart - i find it helps to write things down.
Had a hot chocolate this morning. Plan on having soup for lunch and then a shake for tea.
Not going to have the bars for a week or two to make sure i'm back into ketosis properly.

Take care and thanks for the support everyone!! xx

Oh dear Helen, sorry to hear you are struggling - we are definately struggling together though, so maybe you can take heart from that?

I think you need a hobby - I came on here last night until temptation had passed but was actually thinking really I should have done some exercise or something useful to help me closer to where I want to be.

I hope today is better for you. I was wondering also whether you would benefit from the counselling at lighter life? I know that so much of the therapy has meant so much to me and seriously doubt I could have got this far without the coping strategies I have picked up from them. I know it is much more expensive but the support really is invaluable. Just a thought?

Thanks flopster it does help that I know someone else doesnt find this easy. :)

I have thought about counselling but my money only just stretches to cambridge so it might be something to look at in the future.

I think i'll find things a bit easier when the kids go back to school - my brain is still on holiday mode!!

I do need a hobby - just cant think of anything!!! Any suggestions anyone?

I don't know as I don't really do hobbies it is all work - what about scrap booking, card making, cross stitch, knitting - anything that will keep your hand occupied?

Hope today is a better day for you.

Thanks Flopster!

Today has been much better. I have had 3 packs and 3 litres of water. Havent been hungry and have felt really upbeat about things. I think it's because it's the 1st of September tomorrow, the kids go back to school soon and I know Christmas is just around the corner.
I really want to be thin for Christmas!!!

Well done for today helen, just the kids to get back to school and then you will be rocking.
I think you are definately going the right way, and a 28lbs loss is not to be sneezed at.
Good luck for the weekend, I'm about if you want to chat x

Thanks Vicky - Am just about to send you a pm :)

Going well - back to where i should be on the scales so no more messing around. Dont want to keep putting on and then losing the same couple of pounds - Christmas is too near now!

A bit worried about the weekend - I am going away over night to the families cottage in the Dales with my sister. I really want to SS but am worried she will pressure me into eating something - or that i wont be able to resist. I know if I get through this weekend without eating it will prove a huge milestone for me. I just dont know whther i can manage it and I know unless i sort my head out the battle is already lost!!

Hope youve had a great weekend x

Hi Helen,

I hope your having a lovely time and that the weather is good with you.

Love Mini xxx

HI ALL
I'm back from a lovely weekend away! The weather was rubbish - it rained heavily all the time but thankfully it didnt spoil our enjoyment.
Had a really good girly chat with my sister and we managed to put the world to rights ;)
Did well on cambridge - Had protein and veg a couple of times in very small amounts. Found drinking water a little harder though - only managed the minimum each day.

Feel relaxed and energised now and ready to knuckle down and get to goal - Have had a banana shake for breakfast and i'm just about to have my lunch at 4pm!! Been busy though tidying up.

Hope everyone else is good. Going to get my lunch and then catch up on all the posts i've missed.

Thanks flopster. :)

How are you? Is everything ok? Will look up your thread in a mo. :)

Don't ask - yesterday was a DISASTER but am back on it today and doing fine. Only trouble is that I am showing a gain (not over the week but no loss either - back to exactly where I was last Saturday). I am hoping now I am back in the pink I will achieve at least a pound or two by official weigh in tomorrow, especially as I had dropped four by Friday and seem to have put all four back on today :confused:

Have just replied to your thread. :)

Just keep at it - try not to place too much importance on your weigh in this week. Feel proud that you're back in control and aim for a fab weight loss next week xx

Thanks Helen, under the circumstances that is all I can do, it is just such a shame after having a great week so far - I just can't believe a pack of crisps and 4 pieces of chocolate can add on 4lbs - it is very scary stuff and makes me wonder how on earth I am going to manage maintenance.

Another day nearly done and i'm doing fine!!!

Back on ssing and feel really good. Had a headache today, not sure whether it's anything to do with the CD but took some painkillers and it soon shifted.

Have managed to drink 3 litres of water and found it fine which is a major achievement for me. Aiming for 4 tomorrow!

Had a strawberry shake for breakfast, choc mint muffin for lunch and a toffee and walnut shake for tea.
Have bought some ice cube trays from Ikea and am now enjoying lovely ice cold shakes again!!

My hubbie has just told me he's away a couple of days this week. It worries me slightly as I always seem to slip up when he's away, however i'm going to use this week to break the cycle.
He goes away soon for a whole week so i need to now i'm strong enough to cope.
Was going to get weighed on Wednesday but going to wait until friday as thats when my christmas challenge weigh in day is. Fingers crossed for a good weight loss. :)

Back