Boo's back to blog - heck I'm back!

Good luck with your weigh in tonight, your crispbread idea sounds very yummy!

Day 49 - Hi everyone

Well had my scan today I've just gotta wait for the results. I also lost 1 1/2 lb this week so that was good :)

My weekend has been really good, I went down to see my new grandaughter and she is beautiful, I'm so proud of my step daughter and I love them both to bits :)

But my diet has been really, really bad and to be honest haven't been on it since Friday as Mr Boo took me out for a meal on Friday and then we was out all day yesterday and some of today. Again I will have to draw a line under it and start afresh tomorrow.

Hope you are all keeping well xx Boo xx

Day 50 - Thanks Jane, hope you have a good week too, mine, well I'm not expecting to lose any weight this week, most probably a gain :( Anyhoo it's to be expected.

My stomach is playing up a bit today, most probably all the rubbish I had over the weekend but it was lovely seeing my grandaughter, feels funny being called nan at the age of 42 lol x

Okies, well I'd better do some work xx Boo xx

Aww congrats on becoming a grandma, hehe, I love babies! Also, well done on your loss this week, you're doing really well x

Thanks Louise :D, it's a long story but Mr Boo and I are not married. I am a widow and my stepdaughter is from that marriage. When she told me she was pregnant I smiled and cried at the same time!!!! xx Boo xx

Day 51 and Mr Boo has just gone to work and here I am sitting on the couch not wanting to move lol

It's not too bad today because for the next 3 days I've got a first aid course which takes me out of the office and it starts later than what I do in the office so all good :) I'm quite looking forward to it and hopefully it will help me if Mr Boo ever needs it with his epilepsy.

Well yesterday I kept to plan 100% wooo hoo! and intend to do so today, no obsticles in my way, I've decided to take my cheese and crackers for lunch with loads of fruit, would love a yogurt but not sure if they have got a fridge there.

I forgot to mention, I got a pair of jeans out of my wardrobe at the weekend and put them on. They were really comfortable and no muffin top which I used to get with them, I'm really pleased.

Yesterday was a red day and I think I'll have the same today, anyhoo I'm gonna sort out a recipe for tonight so hopefully will post later xx Boo xx

Well I'm back from my training and it was very interesting - would love to get into that career some how but know you need a bloomin degree in anything to get anywhere nowadays.

Anyhoo resited the temptation of buttered toast and stuck to my crackers with cheese. I've just put a chicken in the oven and just thinking what I can eat with that, I might have a chicken and bacon salad tonight, hmmm that does sound yummy! xx Boo xx

Day 52 and I'm just back from my second day of first aid training. I found it harder today as I didn't get a lot of sleep last night.

I didn't stick to the diet and had a little piggy out evening which is becoming far to regular for my liking.

I woke up at 3.30 am wondering whether I should change my diet or what can I do to improve it (maybe sew my mouth up would be a good start!). I looked at weight watchers but they have changed their diet to pro points (what the heck is that all about?!) and then I looked at Tesco's GI diet, they all look a bit complicated for me, slimming world is much easier although I did do very well on the weight watchers points before, oh decisions, decisions.

Well this morning I decided that while I was deciding I would revamp my slimming world diet so here is what I've had, having, today.

Breakfast - Oats so simple porridge (hexb), milk from allowance (hexa) with frozen berries mixed in at the end, they had no added sugar so syn free (this was a yummy breakfast)

Lunch - Ham pasta with a tbsp of LF mayonaise (gotta look up the syns for this) mixed in, with spinach leaves (bloomin lovely!) and 2 clemintines

snack - curly wurly (syns not sure)

Dinner - Butternut squash and bacon rissotto

What do you think? Anyhoo any advise would be greatly appreciated. xx Boo xx

Hi hun, sorry you're a bit blah with slimming world, i've never done ww so can't comment (and I love sw too much), but the thing is... any diet will work, but only if you are in the right mind set. I know you want this, but why not make a scrap book of what you want to achieve... cut pics out of clothes catelogues etc, anything that you can look to for inspiration, you could even put red / green / ee meal ideas in the back so when you're stuck for ideas you can have a look..

This is what I did, and it really works for me, it's all in a little notepad that I keep tucked away with my measurements too, I can't wait to look back in ten years thinking "yep, i've done it and this is how.." (hopefully it'll take me less than 10 years, but you know what I mean).

Go get em girl, you can do this xxx

Thanks Louise what a great idea, I think I will try it. What you say is correct, it doesn't matter what diet you do as long as you are in the right mindset.

To be honest I know I will stick with Slimming World because I can cook for all the family on this diet and and you don't really have to think much about how much you are popping in your mouth as long as its the right food.

I think my surrounding stresses are getting to me a little and to be honest this diet and going to the club is my little safe haven, so, time to give myself a good kick up the jacksey and get on with it, after all I've got a wardrobe of lovely clothes I want to get back into :) xx Boo xx

Yay... plus, you're sooo close to your next shiney sticker, my next one seems like miles off but is only... *adds up on fingers*... 5lbs away, maybe for xmas?

Hi Louise you'll get that 4lb off no problem xx Boo xx

Day 53 - Managed to do the diet 100% yesterday on extra easy and feel pleased that I managed it. I'm not going to weigh-in tonight as Ms Boo's boyfriend is down for the weekend (first time) and need to get the house in some sort of order.

This morning I had my porridge again with frozen fruit mixed in and a little sprinkle of sweetner it was really nice, I popped it back in the microwave for about 30 secs to a min, the frozen fruit I got from Aldi, no hidden sugar added to them, this must be my fav breakfast at the min.

This is also my last day on my first aid course and I've got my exam on it today, a little bit nervous but I'll be ok.

Ham and pasta for lunch with a mixed salad, again yummy but not sure what to have for dinner, I've got some chicken breasts I've got to use so I'll have to trawl through my recipes and see what I can find that is new for me.

Anyhoo, I suppose I'd better go have my shower and get ready for my course xx Boo xx

Well I'm back from my course and I'm a fully qualified first aider yipppee!! The certificate lasts for 3 years then will have to do it all again.

I'm so bloomin tired it must be all that concentrating I'm not used to it! lol

I'm not sure what to do for dinner tonight but I will most probably do chicken breasts with a mandarin sauce, new potatoes and veg.

I've been to Tesco's and some bought some new bits to try, will have to look up the syns on them all but hopefully not too bad.

Well sees ya laters xx Boo xx

Yay well done on passing your course... :ambulance: (was looking for the stretcher one but it's disappeared?)

Day 54 - Thanks Louise, I'm really chuffed I passed.

I ended up making the mandarin sauce for the chicken breasts and it was lovely, I will cook that again.

Well I'd better crack on and do some work :cool: xx Boo xx

Back