Boots wouldn't sell me any ketosticks :-(

LOL some of the replies have made me nearly spit my water out :D :D Best laugh I've had since Monday lol...

I agree though, it's getting ridiculous. I also have Nytol from time (haven't had any for ages though, incase you think I'm addicted lol :D) and I've been given the third degree before they've sold them to me :rolleyes::rolleyes:
On a positive note, I phoned the chemist where I went on Monday for my shakes, and they don't have a problem selling them to me..yay! So I'm going to get some tomorrow. Failing that I would have got some from ebay, but I'm impatient and wanted them asap lol.
lou xx

I bought some from Ebay, and they have just arrived today, so excitedly went and peed on it and............................

NOTHING, aparently Im not in Ketosis, despite sticking to this rigidly for 6 days and having lost 6 lb, it actually says if the colour doesnt change it doesn atually mean you are NOT in ketosis it just doesnt always show

SO IMO on the first usage...... waste of money and MAY set you off into a panic if you think you not in ketosis anymore

Will try again in the morning just in case the pee needs to be more concentrated rather than all the water Ive drank today LOL

Queenie, people have said that they're unreliable....I've, supposedly, been in ketosis all week (despite a bit of protein) but I've only lost a lb this week. This stick has been a good purple colour too - not merely pink!

mine didnt even change colour

Got me back to thinking of when I was trying to get pregnant with my youngest and that horrible feeling in the pit of your tummy when it doesnt change :(

will try again in the morning and see if there is any difference then, maybe ebay ones are dudd?

6lbs in 6days - pink, purple, green, orange sticks who cares just look at the results
Fantastic !!!

Got mine from eBay.......couldn't find a chemist to sell me them over here without the Spanish Inquistion....

Good thinking batman lol!

It was quite funny my mum felt as if she was doing something illegal

I bought some from Ebay, and they have just arrived today, so excitedly went and peed on it and............................

NOTHING, aparently Im not in Ketosis, despite sticking to this rigidly for 6 days and having lost 6 lb, it actually says if the colour doesnt change it doesn atually mean you are NOT in ketosis it just doesnt always show

SO IMO on the first usage...... waste of money and MAY set you off into a panic if you think you not in ketosis anymore

Will try again in the morning just in case the pee needs to be more concentrated rather than all the water Ive drank today LOL

Ignore them!! If youre sticking to the plan and losing weight, as someone already said who cares what a stick says.

There have been people on here who have gone for months on a VLCD and clearly been in ketosis yet the sticks have given a constant negative reading. Mine show a permanent purple - which allegedly means Im dehydrated. Im not !!! Im drinking more than the amount of water I need lol

Once mine are done, Im not buying any more

me too mine are always dark purple but i drink up to 5 litres

I won't be buying them again either.....mine's always purpleish and I drink about 3 litres

I bought mines from Asda pharmacy and had to argue my case to get them. They were giving it the "theyre only for diabetics" speel and i just said look, im paying £7 odd for them does it really matter what i use them for!!
I got them in the end ;) Think it was just coz i was causing a scene lol

i get mine from ebay, only about 6 quid for 50 compared to the chemist i use selling them for 20 quid for 100

I bought mines from Asda pharmacy and had to argue my case to get them. They were giving it the "theyre only for diabetics" speel and i just said look, im paying £7 odd for them does it really matter what i use them for!!
I got them in the end ;) Think it was just coz i was causing a scene lol

it is a bit silly lol, them refusing to sell them, we only wee on them not eat them:eek:

Alidxx . . .

If you are sticking strictly to the diet, then you are in ketosis and don't need these to confirm it . . or maybe I have that wrong?

Maybe some others would let us know if there is any advantage to using these sticks?

Cannot believe that Boots refused to sell them. Jeeze!

Alidxx . . .

If you are sticking strictly to the diet, then you are in ketosis and don't need these to confirm it . . or maybe I have that wrong?

Maybe some others would let us know if there is any advantage to using these sticks?

Cannot believe that Boots refused to sell them. Jeeze!

or right it only if u cheat is that the case??

Well I got some today (finally lol) from the chemist that sold me the lipotrim. They cost £5.20 for 50. And I can confirm that I am in Ketosis :D It was only a faint shade of purple, but thats good enough for me. I am sticking to the diet 100% and feeling much better today (hardly been hungry at all) but it I still need all the encouragement I can get till my first weigh in, and if these sticks confirm that the fat is coming off-they'll do for me lol :D. I can do my jeans belt up one further notch so I'm sure I've lost something but as yet resisted getting weighed (only because I asked hubby to hide the scales and he has-very well...can't find them anywhere lol).

I did LT in 1997 under the supervision of my doctor and had to take a urine sample with me every week when I got weighed. It was then tested, I didn't know what for then but it was obviously for ketosis and I was told that the doctor would know if I'd cheated and I wouldn't be allowed to carry on! I lost 2 1/2 stone in 7 weeks and was never really terribly over-weight again until quite recently......I still think that they're unreliable but might help psychologically......

Why bother ? Its only a waste of money. Its physically impossible not to get into Ketosis on this amount of calories. Ye cannae change the laws of physics. It's just something else to worry about. Chill and keep drinking the water : )

Back