Born obese , Tomorrow is my New Dawn

mariavon

Gold Member
Hello everyone,
I joined sw in July 2011, as the title of ny diary implies I have never been a healthy weight my heaviest was 21 stone 9 lb, I managed to loose a little but yo-yo"d for years , finally enough was enough so I joined sw weighing 19st 11, my health was suffering having constant pain in my back, hips and knees, I had some good weeks and some not so good weeks but I have to accept that this is normal which I still struggle greatly wiv, I have been on this site a while and decided to write my thoughts and feelings down in the hope it will help me through the bad times,

Last edited:
Hi mariavon :) Good luck with your writing things down, I too find it helps to get things out of my head.. :) when do you wi?

Hi auburn , I wi on Wednesday's had a pound gain this week don't know why I've been doing loads of walking and an hour a day on wii fit that I got for Xmas,

Well diary today's going ok , just having ham, carrots sticks, celery and spring onions , made a dip low fat natural yogurt and mint sauce , I hav enjoyed it and wiv it being picky has taken longer to eat so feeling quite full , :)

Morning diary another day dawns, not to happy wiv myself fell off plan last nite to be honest i wasn't feeling very well yesterday but am I using that as an excuse for my loss of motivation , I want to finish my journey I've lost 6 st so far I've another 4 to go I don't want to be the quitter yet again but I struggle wen u hav a gain , I know I need to accept it is going to happen but my head won't move on from it , oh well il update later .

Hi Yvonne,

Don't be disheartened. We all have our bad days, just get back on track tomorrow and forget it ever happened. :)

I've found the hardest time to resist treats is when I'm sitting watching tv with the hubby after dinner. But I've found if I've prepared a tasty SW dessert I have that instead and feels like I'm treating myself!

Well done on losing 6st! That's brilliant!

Enjoy rest of your evening and stay positive. Tomorrow is another day :)

Well off to bed now ,
I WILL BE 100% TOMORROW
I WILL BE 10O% TOMORROW
I WILL BE 100% TOMORROW
I WILL BE 100% TOMORROW
Oh dear is this what it's come to now brain washing myself before I go to sleep , well im writing to myself so which is crazier, till tomorrow diary sleep well ,

Yes to a 100% day!
I think we have to look at the bigger picture, when we have a teeny gain, and not be dissuaded by it. I struggle with that sometimes, I think I've done well all week then boom, 1lb on. It's very disheartening. But if I think realistically my aim is to lose about 9stone, all in all, it isn't going to happen in 3 months, I know this. It's going to be a long road, I will never be one of those people who get BAM BAM BAM TARGET.... :D
In the grand scheme of things, half a lb on is not a major hurdle to overcome, its what, half a cup of tea? :) and it ain't worth coming off plan for half a cuppa, is it!

So...100% today, you can do it! Line drawn under the last couple of nights, today is a new day!
What's for breakfast?

Hiya , ur so right half a cup of tea I really need to get a grip lol,
Breakfast banana and apple
Lunch mug shot
Dinner chicken tikka from the recipe in the free book wiv the mirror last weekend, i also need to up my water intake ,
Thanks for the pep talk much needed x

New start tomorrow made a huge fruit salad for lunch grapes, oranges and grapefruit , yummy , for dinner havin meat and veg left from today.
Right gonna write for and against know it sounds stupid but I can read it again wen I'm feeling low motivation
FOR 1 being healthier
2 being able to walk up stairs without gasping for breath
3 being able to walk and talk at the same time
4 not being in constant pain wiv back hips and knees
5 to start to feel good about myself
AGAINST
1 to hate myself again
2 to feel embarrassed walking into a room seeing people look at you
3 my legs to rub together wen walking to cause them to burn and bleed
4 to be the fattest at work wearing a uniform that is so uncomfortable and tight
5 to be shortening my life ,

Well i could go on and on but I listed a few that affected me quite bad , I can't make wi for the next 2 Wednesday's due to work so my mini goal is to loose 7lb by the end of January ,

Your list is similar to my own... we will get there lovely :)

Can you make it to another local class instead of your usual? I think SW let's you attend any class in the week, if you take your blue card. It is a pain when work gets in the way, what do you do for work?

The fruit salads and plan sounds like a good idea :)

What are your favourite foods? Sweet or savoury? I'm working on "variations" of my fat-food-favourites, to fall back on when I feel the need to fall off the wagon :D

Back