Brain Aneurysm.

fillymum

synful soul
I have just had a phone call telling me my brother, who lives in Thailand, has had a brain aneurysm and is on a life support machine. I am besides myself with worry and grief. Does anyone know what the chances are of survival. Also has anyone else had any experience of hospitals and medical care in Thailand. I am so afraid for his life.

His 3 grown up children are flying out right now to be at his bedside. It would be so cruel if they lost their father just 2 years after losing their mum.

As I go through life I realise more and more that we should always treasure the moment, always treat others with kindness and respect, for we never know what is around the corner for anyone. My brother is full of vitality, loves life and is generous and kind. That he should be taken from us would be unjust beyond belief.

Sue xx

Oh goodness! I'm so sorry! I can't help on the Thailand information bit but just wanted to say that I'm so sorry. xx

Hi Sue :)

I am so sorry to just read about your distressing news:(. I don't have any personal experience of this condition but am sending you and your family every best wish for a speedy recovery for your brother :hug99:

Isis xx

I dont know anything about medical problems but just wanted to send you a HUGE hug - thinking of you all xxxxx :hug99:

Thinking of you Sue.

I'm afraid all I know about Aneurysms is from Ravi in Hollyoaks - so not much help!

I know it's hard, but try and stay positive, things always feel so much worse when you're so far away. My friend was in hospital in Thailand, and she found that her care was on an equal level to what she would've got at home.

Oh Sue, I'm so sorry, this must be an extremely worrying time for you and your family. I don't really know much about Thailand but my friends dad had a brain aneurysm while on holiday in Turkey I think it was, and he was very well looked after. As soon as he was stable, after a few days, they flew him back to the UK for continuing hospital treatment and rehab and he has recovered well. Thinking of you and your family and wishing your brother a quick and speedy recovery x

Thank you so much everyone it means such a lot to know that so many people are sending positive thoughts to him. He will need them all, I have just heard from my niece that the medics in the hospital in Chang Mai want the family to make the decision to turn of the life support machine withing the next 24 hours as he keeps arresting and has to be resuscitated.

I am praying so hard for him,

Sue xx

Sue - so sorry to hear about your brother. You can be sure that we will all be thinking about you through, what is obviously, a very difficult time for you and your family.
Look after yourself. x

((((Sue))))

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, please do look after yourself at this truly distressing and worrying time.

Much love and best wishes xx

hi there just had to add my dad had one about 8 years ago, he is fine now but we went through all that.
It was last min but he regained some sort of communication just as they were at the end of the bed turning the machine off.
It took him 5 years of therapy to be "normal" again.

Keep the faith hunny. thinking of you. xxxx

Thank you so much for telling me that. I hope my brother can come round and make them see they must not turn off the machine yet !!!

love and thanks to you all

Sue xx

No news yet this morning. I feel sick to the pit of my stomach. The feeling of isolation is overwhelming.

Sue xx

Back