Brain Aneurysm.

So So sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family at this terribly sad time x

I am so sorry to hear of your loss - my thoughts are with you and your family at this time xxx

Please accept my sincere condolences for your sad loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, God Bless.

Oh no! What utterly devastating news. Words are simply not enough - my sincerest condolences Sue. Please take care of yourself, and call on us here for anything we can do to help and support you.

Lots of love and hugs to you xx

Your thoughts, love and condolences mean so much to me. Thank you .

I feel proud to be part of this community.

Sue xx

I'm so sorry to hear your news :( big big hugs and condolences to you xx

Hello everyone. I wanted to share a little of my brothers life and his funeral with you.

He was a great bloke, loved life and especially his life in Thailand. He loved all things Thai. He had a Thai Teak House, so typical of the area he lived in, Chang Mai. He was really well integrated both with other Thai nationals and his fellow expats.

His love of Thai land started when he was stationed in Singapore with the RAF. Thailand was Siam then. He fell in love with the East. He loved Brunei and Borneo, he fought in Borneo.

He and his late wife spent several months a year there before he bought a house there. They had a suite in a hotel that was reserved for them the whole year round. Sounds very posh doesn't it. It wasn't. In his own words " as cheap as chips" less expensive than renting a house and with better service. It was in the hotel that they met Noonie, a Thai girl who worked on reception. She was studying to be a lawyer but could not do it without working. They sponsored her through University freeing her up from working and enabling her to study full time. She has been a practising lawyer for many years now and has married an Irish chap, they have remained almost a part of the family through the years. My brother was kind, generous and loving with a tremendous sense of fair play. He will be sadly missed by all in his adopted community.

Since his passing last Thursday in Thai tradition there has been a blessing, a celebration of his life every day. Today's ceremony was to encourage his spirit back into the house.

The funeral is tomorrow at 6 a.m. British time. It will be performed by 15 monks and there will be an English rector friend of my brothers who will also conduct an British ceremony. He will be cremated and his ashes will go back to England to rest with his late wife, Elaine.

I am in bits. I think I said before that I felt so isolated without one member of my family here in Spain. It is a feeling I have never experienced before. My sister Gill has been in touch with me via Skype to keep me up to date with what is happening in Chang Mai.

He was loved and popular, funny and witty.

R.I.P. MIKE

Once again, thank you to all of you for being such a great comfort to me.

He sounds like a wonderful man, Sue ,and will be remembered by many for his kindness in helping others, less fortunate,amongst other qualities.
May he rest in perfect peace xxxx

Sending love and support to you and your family x x x x x

Your update re. your brother brought a tear to my eye. It sounds like he was a very good and kind man and I'm sure he will be missed by many.

Back