Brand new dummy !

Skieferins

Hello People of Slimming world,

i as as my title suggests am not only brand new to this diet but also a dummy......so there's two things I'm trying to challenge brains n'gains !

so my first q is this, I love love love egg on toast in the morning, usually 2 fried eggs on 2 white toast with butter and covered in tomato sauce.

But I could forgo the fried eggs and make it 3 scrambled (Microwaved) eggs and 2 medium toast with no Tom sauce...will this fit in with the diet ?

Btw, I have 7 stone to lose....yeah I know, piece of cake, only not, no not in any way !

Thank you in advance

You can still have fried egg, just use fry light. You can also have the tom sauce, just syn it. Also wholemeal bread for your toast and hexb.

Welcome and keep asking questions. Once you've gotten your head around it it's easy! Xx

Agree with littleone, I had fried egg (frylight fried) and bacon on toast this morning (wholemeal toast HeB) with ketchup and just sunned the sauce

was delicious! Had a pear after for that 's' food part

ask away, this forum is great for helping each other out!

Hello People of Slimming world,

i as as my title suggests am not only brand new to this diet but also a dummy......so there's two things I'm trying to challenge brains n'gains !

so my first q is this, I love love love egg on toast in the morning, usually 2 fried eggs on 2 white toast with butter and covered in tomato sauce.

But I could forgo the fried eggs and make it 3 scrambled (Microwaved) eggs and 2 medium toast with no Tom sauce...will this fit in with the diet ?

Btw, I have 7 stone to lose....yeah I know, piece of cake, only not, no not in any way !

Thank you in advance

Have 60g kingsmill great white, with your fried eggs and throw in some bacon, low syn syn sausages, mushrooms and tomatoes :)

I'm only a few weeks in to this but I find it's much easier to enjoy the food that you love, just make small changes.
I have real butter on my (wholemeal) toast and syn it. Low sugar/salt ketchup has half the syns of regular.
Buy accurate kitchen scales and measure your syns. Fry light is your new best friend but a new non-stick frying pan helps those fried eggs.
I tend to put baked beans and mushrooms alongside so it becomes a real meal.

Hi, as others have mentioned, fry the eggs in frylight and use on 2 slices from 400g wholemeal loaf.

There is a syn free tomato ketchup recipe. I personally haven't tried it, but I did make the BBQ one the other day and that was amazing. Here's the recipe:

1 onion
2 garlic cloves
2x 400g chopped toms
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp celery salt
2tsp english mustard
2tsp ground white pepper
4 tbsp sweetener
9fl oz/255ml red wine vinegar
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce

Finally chop onion and crush garlic. Place ingrediants into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook gently for 40-45mins, stirring occasionally

Remove from heat, season with salt and allow to cool. Blend the mixture in a food processor until smooth and seive into a bowl

Transfer into sterile bottle, keeps for upto 3 weeks in the fridge

Fry light is your new best friend but a new non-stick frying pan helps those fried eggs.

Have to agree there, you really need a good non stick frying pan to fry an egg with fry light, if you don't have one I would recommend poached, boiled or scrambled

Have to agree there, you really need a good non stick frying pan to fry an egg with fry light, if you don't have one I would recommend poached, boiled or scrambled

Welcome to minis!

Although personally I wouldn't recommend using fry light in a non stick frying pan regularly as for some reason it ruins them.

didnt know that Kay I'll keep a close eye on that, thank you

no worries.

I don't use fry light myself, a good non stick frying pan shouldn't need any help anyway.

For roasted and things I use the Filipo berio olive oil spray. The amount is negligible when portioned between 4 people.

Yea there's a lot of things I haven't used any spray for but my pan was rubbish trying eggs without anything.

I did see the olive oil spray I may get some go keep in cupboard for when making Italian meals for the family

I did see the olive oil spray I may get some go keep in cupboard for when making Italian meals for the family

It lasts ages as you only need a few sprays. I think it's something like a syn per 7 sprays. ( but don't quote me on that as I'm not sure..lol but I know it's not a a lot)

no worries.

I don't use fry light myself, a good non stick frying pan shouldn't need any help anyway.

For roasted and things I use the Filipo berio olive oil spray. The amount is negligible when portioned between 4 people.

We've stopped using Frylight since we discovered the Crisp & Dry spray. In 100ml, it has 2 more calories than Frylight, so I count it as free. It cooks SO much better than Frylight, particularly meat.

Just pick up a cheap supermarket omelette pan for your eggs then use frylight to your hearts content and get another cheap pan when the first one is ruined.

Anyway, use 2 small slices of wholemeal as your Hexb and syn your ketchup....sorted :)

Welcome Skieferins :)

Wine&Rugby I use the Crisp & Dry spray as well, I find it much better. I also count it as free.

I have totally swapped fried eggs for poached I find this quicker as well an a nicer egg in just 2 mins as I find it hard to get rid of the snotty bit of egg with frylight. homemade ketchup keeps well in a jar in the fridge an a bit of tomatoe puree makes it more thick an indulgent

might try the crisp and dry spray on roast spuds as they can sometimes be a bit dry with fry light

We've stopped using Frylight since we discovered the Crisp & Dry spray. In 100ml, it has 2 more calories than Frylight, so I count it as free. It cooks SO much better than Frylight, particularly meat.

Thanks for suggesting this spray! Will have to buy some and, if I remember, will mention this in my recipes, instead of Frylight, from now on. :)

Kathy

Back