branflakes

beccaharrison89

Gold Member
Do i use the 1 syn for every 20 calorie rule ? I am hving these every day as my breakfast at the min. I have not long foun out i am pregnant and i am tryin my beat to stick to sw but having sickness in mornin and it the only thing i can stomach.

Yes, or you can have 28g plus 1 ScanBran as a HEXB.

28g is nothing though is it.i having a full bowl:-( it stops me from feeling sick in morn,any othet suggestions? I wont have toast as i usr my two wholemeal bread for in the evening as my hexb

If you can handle All Bran you get 42g. There are a few others you can have 42g of, I dont know which without going through the entire list. Otherwise it's 1 syn per 20 calories yes. The same rule applies to your milk, you count that as HEXes or 1 syn per 20 calories.

How much does your full bowl weigh? I know 28g isnt much (which is one of the reasons I dont eat cereal myself) but you still have to count it, whether its as HEXes or syns. Bigger bowl just means more syns :(

Do you go in the pregnancy & breastfeeding room? Theyre probably best able to help you on HEXes, morning food etc. You do get more HEXes depending on what stage you're at but I dont know the details.

Like I say I dont eat cereal as I feel its a waste of milk and HEXBs. I have toast and coffee for breakfast (1HEXA & 1HEXB) and usually eat Green so I still have 2 more HEXes left for the rest of the day. Lots of people eat fruit & yoghurt for breakfast but that doesnt fill me up at all, I have that *as well as* my toast & coffee usually :rolleyes:

Back