break at 12 weeks??

RebekahR

Gold Member
Hi

Question for those who have been on plan a few months. I'm planning to do this for a long haul - so wondering if you guys had a break or carried on

I've got holiday around the twelve week mark - thinking I would like to continue on until it's time to refeed

Any advice from you guys would be ace, thank you Xx

When I took my breaks I just worked them into my holidays etc. So I had a break after 6 weeks for a planned holiday, a break after another 12 weeks for Xmas and then a break 13 weeks later for Easter. I liked the fact that the breaks broke my journey down into stages. It seemed easier to imagine that I was just doing it for another 12 weeks rather than an endless stretch.

Personally I just stop and take a break, accept that my gain will be horrible as I come out of ketosis (I put on 7lbs as soon as ketosis leaves) and then restart again afterwards knowing that I'll lose the gain in about a week. I didn't bother refeeding for any of my breaks as they were so short it hardly seemed worth it but when I get to goal I will be refeeding very very carefully and very very slowly.

Added to say that I got all of the things I 'missed' out of my system during my breaks. Some of the things didn't taste anywhere near as nice as I had remembered them tasting to be honest. After my break I was so over food and ready to get back on plan again.

Great thank you

Will take a break at 12 weeks then plan another at the next twelve weeks.

Try not to eat carbs on holiday, will take packs also.

Lovely thanks x

we have our 'mini' holiday to brean in 3 weeks and im going to carry on without a break, then our big holiday to egypt in oct and
ill deffo be stopping then for 2 weeks!!

Back