breakfast ideas?

jools1986

Silver Member
for induction?
I am growing ever so slightly tried of eggs and bacon in the many forms I have had it and I am really missing cereal.

Any ideas for a good brekkie? Any low carb cereal out there for induction?

thaaaanks :)

i ussauly start with a couple of cold sauasages and a MIM

cold cheeseburger pie or leftovers from night before.
lorna x

Lorna, where can i find the recipe for cheeseburger pie please? I'm getting tired of eating eggs for breaky so want to try something different. Also where can i get these bars from? Thanks x

Cheeseburger Pie
Total carbs 9c. Serves 4
Ingredients:
500g minced beef
50g finely chopped onion
150g chopped mushrooms
100mls double cream
2 heaped tablespoons of mayo
150g strong cheddar grated
3 eggs
salt & pepper to taste

Fry mince, onion and mushrooms together until cooked season to taste, drain off fat, add Lee & Perrins sauce.
Place in a greased foil covered deep pie dish, flatten with spoon.
Beat eggs add mayo, cream and cheese.
Pour over the top of mince, drop olives around the dish and bake in oven Gas mark 5 for 20 to 25 mins until set and golden brown.
Leave to cool before taking out of pie dish, remove foil.
Cut in to portions and wrap in cling film
This freezes very well.
Lovely with salad, cauli mash, or stir fry (Great in lunchboxes)

Optional 1 Tablespoon Lea & Perrins 2c and 10 black olives

xx

Usually left overs for me as well, I always cook more than we need for dinner.

Me too JIm. Monday night we really struggled with dinner so yeasterday breakfast for Steve was a pork chop, a lamb loin steak, a big mushroom stuffed with Tesco's classic pesto (it's the lowest-0.2g per 100g) & danish blue & 2 Jimmy's chipolatas :D

I thought Jimmy's sausages were nice, but his chipolatas are really long & lush.

Now get back on that step before you even think of any thing to say ;)

erm.......

damn you beat me to it. :D

Nice breakfast though.

Good lad ;)
Yep he went off to work very happy, but he had to take the same & some green beans for lunch, hahaha!
Ground hog day :D

You can but the bars online but I found a box in Sainsburys the other day. Was quite surprised really as I didn't think you could buy Atkins stuff in the shops!
I left half a pork steak last night and thought I'd have it this morning but my son walked in and ate it!!

Oh thanks, I'm off there later this morning so will see what they've got :)

The Tesco I went to was one of the bigger ones and had advantage bars, daybreak? bars and other chocolate crispie ones and some shakes I think. I bought the yummy crispie ones and then read they're not for induction :sigh:.
Ah well they'll keep :)

I buy a few indulgence bars in a large Tesco & large Boots have a range of Atkins bars too.

Cheeseburger Pie
Total carbs 9c. Serves 4
Ingredients:
500g minced beef
50g finely chopped onion
150g chopped mushrooms
100mls double cream
2 heaped tablespoons of mayo
150g strong cheddar grated
3 eggs
salt & pepper to taste

Fry mince, onion and mushrooms together until cooked season to taste, drain off fat, add Lee & Perrins sauce.
Place in a greased foil covered deep pie dish, flatten with spoon.
Beat eggs add mayo, cream and cheese.
Pour over the top of mince, drop olives around the dish and bake in oven Gas mark 5 for 20 to 25 mins until set and golden brown.
Leave to cool before taking out of pie dish, remove foil.
Cut in to portions and wrap in cling film
This freezes very well.
Lovely with salad, cauli mash, or stir fry (Great in lunchboxes)

Optional 1 Tablespoon Lea & Perrins 2c and 10 black olives

xx

Oh wow, i was gonna make spag bol tonite using pasata and minus the pasta, but think i'll give that a try instead :) x

I got the strawberry ones in Tesco and they're on offer at £4.38 for 5 and a single chocie bar which I thought said it was OK for all phases but I'll check. I saw them in Boots too but they were full price :)

I've checked (and double checked!) It's an Advantage bar chocolate decadence 2.1g net carbs and does say suitable for all phases. I'm not really a chocolate fan but occassionally I fancy a bite. Pretty sure I wouldn't be able to eat it all in one go!

I've checked (and double checked!) It's an Advantage bar chocolate decadence 2.1g net carbs and does say suitable for all phases. I'm not really a chocolate fan but occassionally I fancy a bite. Pretty sure I wouldn't be able to eat it all in one go!

Ohhhhh I bet I could have all 9 and use up my daily carb allowance!! Shame no offers in my Tesco but will have to keep an eye out but note to self only buy 1 or 2 at a time otherwise the above will be true!! x

Back