Breath Mints?

MrKent

Hi All,

Tried searching but couldn't find anything!

Does anyone know what mints are best for when on TS to keep in Ketosis? I've heard people say about the tongue strips but I don't really like those! :(

Thanks,
Adam

I actually have chewing gum, as I have always done. I know your not supposed to, but I do :p.
I think its the chewing action that makes you miss food more than kicking you out of ketosis is why it is not recommended.... But I may have that wrong.
I don't know which mints are best, sorry :)

Thanks,

Does chewing gum not make you feel more hungry?

I think I read somewhere that they don't recommend chewing gum as it stimulates your body to produce the enzymes that break down food and, as there's no food, your body responds with hunger!

If that's a load of rubbish and you don't feel hungry then I'll give gum a go! Do you go for any particular brands or check for any particular ingredients?

Thanks,

Does chewing gum not make you feel more hungry?

I think I read somewhere that they don't recommend chewing gum as it stimulates your body to produce the enzymes that break down food and, as there's no food, your body responds with hunger!

If that's a load of rubbish and you don't feel hungry then I'll give gum a go! Do you go for any particular brands or check for any particular ingredients?

I think thats part of the reason why its not suggested.
But I have chewed gum as a teenager, and when I gave up smoking it was a life saver many a time.
It has never had the hungry effect on me.

I have the Extra gum... it doesnt have citric acid in, and is sugar free :D... but it would be worth while to double check any kind you go for :)

Are there any monts we can have? I don't like chewing gum :(

i think its only the mint strips that are ok on exante.

I have smints or extra gum.

Chewing parsley is good for curing bad breath. I have one growing in the kitchen and I chew a couple of sprigs when it gets bad. But you do have to beware of leftover green bits in your teeth!

There is a cure for bad breath, stop licking bums haha!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

On a slightly more serious note. The reason why chewing gum is not recommended is because chewing food produces saliva, the swallowing of said saliva tells your stomach to expect food :D

MrMojo said:
On a slightly more serious note. The reason why chewing gum is not recommended is because chewing food produces saliva, the swallowing of said saliva tells your stomach to expect food :D

I've found it's helped me to chew the odd bit of gum, although I'm not having as much as i used to. Suppose it's different for everyone. Think I've trained my stomach only to expect soups, shakes and bars, so it's given up! LOL

I was an avid gum chewer, but can honestly say I haven't missed it as much as I thought I would have. :D

Thanks everyone, looks like it'll probably be the strips then if I can find them - a while ago they were all the craze but I don't recall seeing them recently!

Starlight said:
I have smints or extra gum.

Do the S mints not kick you out of ketosis? I like those

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Back