Total Solution Brendan's Diary

Thanks everyone! Dancing is definitely good fun - we were learning how to do the Rumba and the Tango although only very basic steps to start :)

Weighed in now and only lost a pound this week. A loss is a loss so I'm still feeling good about it especially as it's been food week but my fingers are crossed for a bigger loss next week!

Had a pretty rough day yesterday. I guess those 201 calories of food really do make a difference because I was starving by the time evening came around.
Feeling pretty down in the dumps with regards to the past as well. Was looking at some old photos yesterday and it's pretty depressing to see how I went from 15st down to 11st and then slowly but surely put it all back on again. Couple that with the fact that my ex-wife is in most of the photos and it stirs up a real mix of remembering good times with regret over what was really going on at that time, even if I didn't know it then.
Ah well, still 100% since day 1 of this diet and I'm not about to quit now. I want to be 11st again and I won't stop until I get there!

Sorry today has been a tough one Brendan. Good to hear you're not quitting though so you will get to be where you want to be.

Well my week has perked up a little bit now. Certainly not feeling as down as I have been over the last two days.
My girlfriend has hit the gym hard this week. She didn't lose anything in her food week so she's hoping for a really good loss this week to make up for it. She's very tired since she's not taking in any carbs to burn during her exercise so I hope it pays off for her. Her weigh in is on Sunday anyway so we'll see how it goes!

It's been an interesting week in terms of weight loss. Firstly my girlfriend lost 5lbs at her weigh in on Sunday bringing her total weight loss since she started on Cambridge last summer to about 4 and a half stone. Fantastic news and she's determined to lose at least another 2 and a half on Exante before having the final fitting for her wedding dress!

I started at the gym on Monday and went again on Tuesday but I've found that it just makes me too hungry for it to be something I can do while on Exante. I've also had some problems getting rid of the stuff I'm putting into my body which hasn't been great. We went out last night for my girlfriend's birthday and had an amazing meal at Rio Brazil in Cheadle. It has probably resulted in me not being in ketosis anymore but on the plus side, it's got my system moving again so it's worth it just for that.

My weigh in last night saw me lose another 4lbs taking me down to being "overweight" instead of "obese" which is good news :)

Well done on the weight loss. Keep at it. Maybe try some gentle exercise at home - some abs work etc and a brisk walk. Glad you had a good meal and it got things moving! Just get back on the TS and don't let it slip now you have had some real food. Stay focussed!

Thanks! I'm definitely back on it now - I was reluctant to take that one day off for my girlfriend's birthday but it only comes round once a year and I still only drank water instead of having a few beers :)

Hi Brandon. You're doing great! One of my targets is to get down to being overweight and not obese!

You'll be there before you know it!

I'm having a bit of a miserable day. Can't get food out of my head - would love a big juicy burger or a sausage barm!
I'm not going to crack or anything, I need to lose this last two stone and wouldn't do anything to slow that process down but it's still pretty rubbish having these cravings :-(

Hi Brendon. Stay strong! You're doing great!

My girlfriend had a bit of a bad week and put on 2lbs. She probably over indulged a little on her birthday and was quite upset having put weight on (she was expecting to at least maintain).

She's back in the gym today to work it off and is hoping for a big loss next week.

My weigh in is tomorrow and I'm hoping to get under 13st. I'd love to see a 12 at the front of my weight for the first time in a good while...

Good luck for the weigh in…!

Fingers crossed Brendan!

Good news on my weigh in tonight! I'm now 12st12lbs which is a better result than I was expecting.
I've lost 3lbs which I'm very pleased with given that I was out last week for my girlfriend's birthday meal and almost certainly wasn't in ketosis for a couple of days.

I've also now hit my 10% target which is great. I'm approaching the half way point of my diet which can't come soon enough. If nothing unexpected happens, I should hit that point at my next weigh in which will be my 7th completed week on Exante.

My 36" jeans are feeling awfully loose now. I've not been anywhere to try on some 34" jeans yet but I don't think I'm quite there yet. My large t-shirts all seem to fit now (some were getting tight before I started dieting) and I've bought a couple of medium t-shirts as a motivator. I could wear them now but they're a bit figure hugging for my liking so again, I'm not quite there yet.

Hope everyone else is doing well on their diet this week!

Yay! Tried on some 34" jeans today and they fit fine so I've bought a pair and I'm wearing them now!

Last edited:
That's amazing on the weight loss and the slinky jeans!

Back