Bren's Diary - The journey begins, again!

i'm still thinking about it.. really not sure, ha. it goes against the grain somehow but the weight losses are too high to ignore. it's that carrot that lures me alright!!

go careful with the water. if i drink more than four litres i start feeling really ill. apparently there's such a thing as drinking too much!! ha.

abz xx

Agreed. I think 4 will be the perfect amount for me and I'll really see the benefits.

Find when I really get stuck into the water before lunch and dont have a coffee the hunger in the afternoon it's that bad!

Bren
X

do you know your weight at all bren since you are going by measurements? you can't have much left to go judging on your bmi!! i find drinking water far more difficult on my days off than i do at work. i've hardly had any today and i'm really thirsty now so am trying to glug some. have had lots of coffee though and now feel more tired than without it. figures. knew i should have avoided drinking caffeine again!! what time is it over there?

abz xx

It's 10 pm. I know my weight is probably at 71 kilos that's 11st 1.8lbs and my goal is 65 kilos, 10st 2.4lbs. I bought the dress when I was 65 so really if I loose 4 it might fit but not sure if it will be comfortable to sit down and eat in! If I try it on too early i'll only be disappointed, I'm actually glad i've given up the scales.

Monday morning as soon as I get up and go to the toilet, is when I measure. A little nervous about it for the coming Monday as I think it will start to slow down now. Fingers crossed and lots of water and sit ups until then!

It's really hard to loose the last bit of weight, as your body slows right down with the good loss's and you feel more confident within and can then you tell yourself it's okay to eat that biscuit or have a meal out etc.
X

you'll do it bren. no problem. the item of clothing i really want to get into is a pair of trousers i bought in france when i was about 20 i think. possibly 19. i got them to 'slim into' and promptly put loads of weight on. they are flares made of every colour and size of corduroy you ever saw, so if i ever do get into them i'm going to look like a clown!! ha. but it must be done. i can't promise i'll ever go outside in them... hee. but it must be done!! and once they fit i'll probably never take them off!! haven't worn cord flares in YEARS. *sigh. i used to love them. probably still would if i could get them in my size... i'm a hippy at heart. what can i say :D

abz xx

There's a reason you wont be wearing them actually 2;

1 - they are soooo not in, your right with the clown thing.

2 - you wont need to hide your legs as you'll be able to slide on EASILY a pair of skinny leg jeans with boots.

XXX

i will be so chuffed i don't think i'll care.

and i will never wear skinny jeans. even with boots. having worked in a university i have seen people of every shape and size squeezed into those things and i am of the opinion that they should be banned!! ha. only about 3% of people manage to look good in them :D :D hee. if you are one of them i bow to you :)

maybe i could just get the clown trousers out on special occasions?? puleeeeeeeeeeeease :D

abz xx

also, i must admit i'm a little hyper after all the coffee. sorry about that :S

abzxx

It's really hard to loose the last bit of weight, as your body slows right down with the good loss's and you feel more confident within and can then you tell yourself it's okay to eat that biscuit or have a meal out etc.
X
Oh my gosh that is so so true! I'm sort of at that stage atm just gotta keep thinking "you're not there yet"
Glad everything seems to be going so well Bren :D Keep it up!!
Daisy x

hi bren. am off to scotland for the weekend but wanted to pop in and wish you the best of luck for a 100% weekend. you can do it!! just think of the lbd waiting for you!!

see you sunday.

abz xx

Hey Bren

Hope you've had a good day!
I've cheated with quite a bit of cheese & crackers today! Was very tempted by a quorn jalfrzei & a vodka & tonic but popped on here & after a few good replies I settled for a diet coke & didn't fancy any dinner!
Still getting headaches thats either the detoxing still (longer than last time I think??) or the fact that I keep cheating!
Plan to be 100% tomorrow as we are having a bbq before my race on sunday & I'm gonna have some chicken & tuna with salad to get me thru it! Oh & possibly some bubbles :party0036:afterwards to celebrate! So sunday is not a 100% day! But hopefully won't throw me off track too much!

Hope you've had much better success than me! :eek:

Thanks Abz, enjoy the weekend.

Hi Ditzee

Sad to say I feel off the wagon today and ate breakfast out, a protein bar, some wine (last night), milk in my coffee just to mention a few things. Suppose to measure my waist tomorrow but i'm going to put that off until Wednesday. I know that if I dont like my measurements tomorrow I will find it hard to stay on track... so at the moment all that focus for 3 or 4 days at a time and then slightly deviating, to now overboard has really hit home.

I'm only on the last 6 kilos or so and have about 9.5cm's to loose around the waist. I now am determined to follow the program and try the gym on 3 afternoons a week after work. I am thinking that on these days of having a 3rd of a protein bar before hand to give me the energy to go.

Wish my luck and I must remember how awful this feeling is of completely ruining my dreams of wearing that black dress for my birthday. Focus girl!!! (me)

Bren

XX

How did the race go?

Hi Bren :wavey:

Hi Bren

I kinda figure that as well as being a diet its also about having a life & dealing with a lifestyle change... your only human having a day without following it 100% is not a bad thing its just another part of the learning curve of keeping weight off!!

The most important thing is to not think of it as a failure but as a treat for doing so well... that means that you can get back on track straight away without the 'guilt' factor of letting yourself down!

What you had isn't going to push you over the edge, it may delay the results you want slightly but in the whole scheme of things whats a couple of days between centimetres!!! :rolleyes:

My run was fab thanks what an amazing day & raised over £1000 !!
Diet not so amazing, lunch bbq'd tuna steak, salad, tomatoes & feta cheese (none of it weighed) felt really bloated, not how I wanted to start a 5k run! Then celebrated with a dark chocolate cake on a pastry base & vanilla ice cream! :eek: But I did resist the french bread, cheeses & cold cuts!

But I only had one bit (unusual for me) & haven't fancied anything else to eat today. So back on it again tomorrow (weigh day) fully focused & ready to battle again!

You will be in that black dress for your birthday & you will look fabulous! x

THanks.

Today, after much delay's over the weekend, I am going to aim for 4 ltrs of water and eat to my plan. Wish me luck.

Ditzee well done on stopping at 1 peice, I ate 2 pieces of cake over our long weekend.

Hi Cha Ching! How have ya been?

Will post again this afternoon.

Love Bren
X

hey bren. how's today going so far? i had a good weekend, but ate masses. i meet my cdc tonight so am rather excited about that :D have already had my blowout kebab and feel totally gross and like i never want to eat again this morning which is a good start, ha. yeuch. i don't know what came over me.

can't believe i finally get to start tomorrow. i'm been itching to give it a go since i made the decision. am getting ready to put my tracker up when i get weighed. i think my scales are a little 'kind'.

forget about the weekend hon. it is past and gone. concentrate on now and getting through the day :)

abz xx

TODAY, well I'm doing okay. Trying to ease myself back into things, it's hard once you succumb to even just on bite to get back in the zone.
So far 3 ltrs, but I've had milk in my coffee, eaten extra crackers and had a big protein bar. It's that time of the month and feeling really bloated and if I can share.... wind.
Hoping that this will pass in tomorrow.

How exciting a ticker and starting!!!! yay. Let me know everything. We are going to do this! I'm not even going to measure myself until I'm feeling thin again hopefully on Friday as I want to get back on track and if I am disappointed with my measurements this will make it harder.

The day is officially over and I've lots of marking to do as reports are due soon.. How's you day?

Bren
X

well i've been yelled at by an idiot in another IT department after i sorted out a guys log in problems. he basically ripped me a new one for no apparent reason. what he doesn't seem to understand is that our first priority is making sure that users can actually work, not make his own pathetic little life easier. sorry, i have developed an instant hatred towards this guy. not to mention that i rang my manager to get the go ahead for what i was about to do, which i told him, and the fact that he knows damn well i'm a trainee and all he did was shout, make me feel stupid and then patronise me. aaargh.

so yeah. i drowned my sorrows in a cupasoup and bag of crisps, and flapjack, and a couple of fizzy cola bottles, ha. tonight is the night i get myself sorted and start cd in the morning. and i am so excited. it's ridiculous being excited about stopping eating don't you think?

am glad you've had a good day. hope the marking is going well :)

abz xx

No I've been there and hoping to support you and vice versa from NOW onwards. What's going to be your first mini goal?

I'm putting mine out there now to make it 2 days, 100%. There i've said it, i'm back on the path to a smaller waist and that black dress. I will try to post more over the next 2 days as this keeps me in line.
Wind finally starting to ease..

As for the guy in IT @#$%$@ him, obviously doesnt know or have any people skills, what an idiot, talking to you that way and as of tomorrow dont go seeking solace in any crisps etc.

I'M WATCHING YOU!

Bren
XX

ha. i won't. no worries. my first mini goal is going to be sticking to the bloody thing for one day, then a week :D i would also like to be 15 stone by the beginning of july, although i don't know what my current weight is going to be... i should be just under 16... although four of those lbs have been gained in about a week so hopefully they'll drop off fast.

am feeling better about that idiot. my manager is complaining about him. he hasn't said anything i did was wrong and if it was it would be up to him to handle it in any case. so nuh!!

glad to see that you are back on track bren. here's to the next two days being 100% mine too!!

abz xx

Back