Bren's Diary

A week into my self-imposed 3-week-waist challenge and I've lost an inch from my waist :D

2 weeks and 1.5" to go to that mini goal! Finding the sit-ups absolutely fine; I'm going to introduce some lowers as I've been focusing on uppers and obliques. I may never lose the layer of fat that would actually show my abs off ;) but I WILL have a stomach of steel under there somewhere!

You are sooo motivated. A skirt that used to fit fell right off my waist onto my hips when I put it on this morning so I think I'm doing ok on the waist challenge although I didn't measure. I've just dug out a dressage test and have set myself the challenge of riding it on 31st Oct - first comp for 2 years. Fingers crossed.

Oooh good luck! I've got a show on Sunday (ridden M&M) and HATE showing, but it's a qualifier and the owner would like me to try for it. Nothing as unflattering as cream jods!

Oooh good luck! I've got a show on Sunday (ridden M&M) and HATE showing, but it's a qualifier and the owner would like me to try for it. Nothing as unflattering as cream jods!

Actually Bren, thats not quite true! I'm sure you'll find that when you're the correct weight that the jods will look fantastic.....I can remember wearing size 10 jods (in my teens, haven't ridden since) and getting loads of compliments about my bum. I bet that you and Monarch will be exactly the same:D

Good luck. You will look wonderful in your jods now. Mine are my old size so I'll feel great about putting them on and hopefully finding them loose. What is your horse like? I used to own mine but fell off and was two years out of action. I sold him but now have him back 2 days a week. It suits me with school, planning, etc etc. He is so good but can be strong in tests and I only really have one working arm. He is a Section D so he is so much stronger than I am!! It may be the fastest dressage test ever ridden.

Let me know how Sunday goes.

Sandra - It's not too late to start again. Lovely cream jods are waiting!

Monarch, my sister keeps telling me that! she's got a couple of horses and is always looking for someone to hack out with .....my past experience though tells me that horses take up an enormous amount of time which I simply don't have!

I own 3; 2 irish draught mares (mother and daughter) - mother has been my main riding horse for the last 7 years apart from a break while she had the daughter, and is back in foal now so I just hack her about bareback whenever she's bored!

Her daughter (5yrs) is currently on breeding loan to a friend, and had her first foal in June. She's coming home in December and I can't wait! Got to get her going under saddle again, then hopefully she'll be my all-rounder but probably focusing on dressage as my nerves aren't up to competitive jumping any more!

My 3rd one is known as Sicknote as she's a chronic laminitic who also suffers from colic, and seems fine for weeks on end until someone mentions work... hopefully she'll eventually finish being broken in to drive! She is only 9yrs, so shold eventually do some work!

Sicknote is at a friend's yard at the mo along with all her fatties, and in exchange I have her truly beautiful 4y/o connemara on loan - was meant to just be for the Summer for me to break in, but we get on so well she's on an extended stay until my 5y/o comes home, possibly longer. So it's the connie who is my main ride at the moment - it'll be her second show on Sunday.

Bless her. I love Irish draughts. My first was a beautiful dapple ID. Huge but lovely. My Monarch is my profile pic. He's 17, sec D, done bsja, driven and now does dressage. He's really scopey hence my very broken arm in a jumping fall 2 yrs ago. I've promised my OH no more jumping. My 11 yr old rides him too. I wish I was there now instead of in bed with flu!

Oh bless you - I hope you feel better soon. Drink lots of water - will flush the flu out, and help with weight loss - double bonus!

Despite the general tiredness (roll on half term!) I felt very energetic today, and after riding and poo-picking I took the dogs out for an hour and did some of that at a gentle jog... maybe I AM sickening for something!!

Today, I am going to work wearing....

Size 12 trousers!! :bunnydance:

Hi Bren, well done on the size 12 trousers. You needed this to boost you after that meal out then your dissapointing loss. You are doing great xxx

Size 12 is wonderful. Well done xxxxx

Another pretty rubbish loss this week, BUT I must remember that a loss is still a loss; although it was only 2.4lbs off this time, it has taken me to 169.6lbs which is EXACTLY 3 stone lost in total; I had set my goal date as 4th December and that's 7 weeks away, and I now have 15.6lbs to lose so I still feel that's achievable.

I was so cross though, I've just been for a run with the dogs, and I SO don't do running :eek: I walked 1 min, jogged 2 mins, walked 1, jogged 2 and so on for the whole block (2.5 miles) and it took us 33 mins, so I know I only walked 11 mins and jogged 22 mins! Amazed - really proud of myself (right knee killing me though!)

You should be proud of yourself. I'm trying to get down to a 14/16 and a size 12 sounds like a dream to me. Keep going with the exercise as you will feel so much better for it. x

169.0lbs today - I'm still counting week 11's loss as the 2.4lbs, but that extra 0.6lbs from yesterday morning has made me feel so much better! Roll on next week's weigh-in.... I should be in the 11st's!!

Went to my cambridge councilor tonight - on her scales, I have lost 4lbs :D I know I haven't REALLY (weight fluctuates so much by the evening!) but it's still a lovely boost. I was also measured tonight:

11 week measurements (end of 2nd week of waist challenge - 1 week to go!) [X] = amount lost since last week, (X) = total loss.

Under bust: 34" [0"] (-4")
Around bust: 38.5" [-2.5"] (-7.5")
Waist: 32" [-0.5"] (-8")
Hips: 39.5" [-1.5"] (-8.5")
Arms: 12" [0"](-2")
Thighs: 23.75" [-0.25"] (-4.25")

I've been a bit slack with the sit-ups the last 3 days so must crack on again if I'm going to manage another inch off my waist in a week!

Very bad yesterday - chocolate accident! Moving on today though - I have an early CDC weigh in this week (Friday night) as I'm away on Monday, so MUST be back on track.

Shouldn't have had the chocolate yesterday :mad: I've really struggled to stay strong today. I have had to cave slightly and cook some carrots, as it was chocolate or carrots!! Sigh.

Needed some jeans in a hurry so grabbed OH's off the floor hoping I might be able to squeeze them on.... they are way too big!!! :bunnydance:

According to the scales this morning I have put on a pound :eek: My weekly home weigh in is Saturday so I have 2 days to put it right. Cambridge weigh in has been brought forward to tomorrow night though, so must drink drink drink and hope I shrink overnight. Gah!

Back