Britmum's Food Diary

BritMumInCanada

Gold Member
Okay, I think it is time for me to get back on track and focused, which is something I haven't been the last few weeks.

Firstly we had family visiting and then some personal stuff going on has just sent me completely off track and I can't seem to get back into the swing of things. I find myself starting off well and then it goes more and more downhill.

So back to basics from now on and I thought what better way to do so than to start doing a food diary again.

So here I am.

You and I both Britmum :confused: 'stuff' has got in the way and now I need to get back on track good and proper so I will be following your diary very closely xxx (love your recipes BTW) xx

Oooh I'll look forward to reading some of your yummy recipes and meal ideas

Me too, i really missed your recipes and all the family keep asking what you been cooking and eating, you are quite famous in our house. Glad you getting back on track, it helps all.

Thanks girls for all the support. :)

Okay, so decided to start with a Red day today, well actually I lie, I did plan to have a Extra Easy day, but had a major rush of a morning, so decided to do Red so I could have the extra HEb allowance.

Monday 28th June 2010
- RED day

Breakfast - Sliced Banana on 2 slices of Whole Grain Toast (HEb) with a drizzle of honey (1 syn) and a cup of tea (milk from HEa allowance)

Lunch - Cheese, Onion and Red Bell Pepper Pizza Toasts (HEa+b)

Snack - Peach and a cup of tea (milk from HEa allowance)

Dinner - 2 egg omelette (onion, red pepper, bacon and mushrooms) with Salad (lettuce, onion, beetroot, cucumber and tomatoes), croutons and fat free ranch dressing (2 syns)

Strawberries with a Meringue Nest and 4 tablespoons of Light Cream (4 syns)

Evening Snack: 100 calorie baked crisps (5 syns) and some cherries

Total Syns - 12

Water: 3x500ml bottles so far today

Last edited:
Forgot to add that as well as starting my food diary, I need to make more of an effort to drink water, as that is my trouble most days, I get so distracted with doing things and playing with my hyper almost 4 year old, that I forget to have a drink and it can be 4pm some days and I have drank nothing.

So will start adding my fluid intake also to my daily food diarys as a reminder to drink more lol. If I haven't put any for the day, someone please give me a slapped wrist.

Hi Britmum I am wading thru the "Post your food pics for meal ideas" and I saw your Caramelised Onion, Tomato and Filo Pastry Tart but I can't find the recipe - do you still have it?

you can find all my recipes on my slimmingeats blog (just google and you will find it)

Last edited:
Tuesday 29th June 2010 - Extra Easy day

Breakfast - 1 ruby red grapefruit. 2 weetabix (HEb) with hot milk (1/2 HEa) and maple syrup (2 syns). Cup of tea (1/4 HEa allowance)

Lunch - Homemade Spicy Carrot Soup. Grapes and Cherries

Snack - Nectarine and Cup of Tea (1/4 HEa milk)

Dinner - Maple Glazed Salmon (2.5 syns) with steamed brown rice and roasted carrots and broccoli

1 skinny cow fudge icecream (3 syns) and 100 calorie cheetos pack (5 syns)

Total Syns - 12.5 syns

Water: 3x500ml bottle

Last edited:
Just been out in the garden to check on my herbs. My coriander has really grown in the last few days, so should have some to use soon. Next door were moving too and had a huge rosemary plant growing in their garden, so pulled it up and gave it to me, so that has been replanted and I have no end of it now at my use. I am going to do some garlic and rosemary wedges one night this week. My basil and chives are also doing well. I just have to remember to keep watering them in this heat.

Wednesday 30th June 2010 - GREEN DAY

Breakfast - 1 ruby red grapefruit.1 wholewheat english muffin (HEb), with low fat spread (1 syn) and a egg cooked in Pam spray. Cup of Tea (1/2 syn)

Lunch - 4 sesame ryvita (HEb), with laughing cow light spread (HEa) and cucumber. Cherries

Snack - cup of tea (1/2 syn)

Dinner - sw potato wedges and salad, mayo (2.5 syns)
nectarine

Evening snack: curly wurly (6.5 syns)

Total Syns - 11 syns

Water: 2x500ml bottle

Last edited:
hubby went to Costco last night and bought two massive trays of bottled water. So hopefully I can keep up on my fluid intake. I havent been doing too bad so far, it is just remember to fetch one lol.

I love Rosemary....and your going to hate me saying this as I know its not a readily available there but slow roasted lamb with rosemary mmmmmmm YUM
Served with roasted new potatoes, red onion and rosemary :eating:
xx

I managed to get some lamb mince, is new zealand stuff though, so not quite the same as a nice joint of lamb, but will satisfy my cravings for it lol. Think I am going to do meatballs or burgers with it tomorrow.

Hey! :wavey:

I am going to be reading this food diary with lots of interest! I have missed you posting on your blog, I used to check it every day :) xx

Im so pleased to see you back - I love your recipes - the chicken and bacon pasta bake is TDF!

Back