Broxi now on Diet Chef Diary

Well done on your 1lb loss - that's great! :D And like you said, it's much better than STS or a gain, ugh!

It's really good to know that you're enjoying the food too, it makes things so much easier doesn't it? Sometimes I forget that it's actually diet food too!

Oh, and I know you said the Paella is your least favourite but I've found that mixing a little boiling water in with it once it's cooked makes a difference with the rice all sticking together. Maybe you could try it next time and see what you think. :)

Good luck with the coming week!

Hey thanks Diversity for the tip about the paella - that was what was wrong - the rice all stuck together - still tasted nice though.
Hope you have good day. It's a holiday weekend for us here so going away for day tomorrow and will break diet but who cares, it will still be here for me for the next day!

Hi Broxi, just read through your diary, sounds like it's going well hun and you're enjoying it which is important. Good luck with it, sure you'll do great x

Well cheated today and don't really understand why - well do actually. I had my mum for dinner and gave her 1/2 dc soup, beef in black porter, mashed sweet potato, brocoli and peas. She couldn't believe it was my diet. I was completely full but after she went away my husband put on homemade chips and this gorgeous looking vegetable lasagna that's new in Costco. I'd been eyeing it up so had some and about 5 chips - I don't think I've done huge damage but it was unnecessary. But it's taught me to not look at other food other than my dc stuff which is lovely.I had the sausage casserole tonight and that was beautiful as well. The veg lasagna was just pure greed.

Tomorrow, however, is a new day and I am cheating. It's a bank holiday in Glasgow so I'm going to the seaside to a place called Largs which has just opened a huge ice cream parlour and fish and chip shop - classy version, so we're going for that. But after that DC all the way.

Well cheated today and don't really understand why - well do actually. I had my mum for dinner and gave her 1/2 dc soup, beef in black porter, mashed sweet potato, brocoli and peas. She couldn't believe it was my diet. I was completely full but after she went away my husband put on homemade chips and this gorgeous looking vegetable lasagna that's new in Costco. I'd been eyeing it up so had some and about 5 chips - I don't think I've done huge damage but it was unnecessary. But it's taught me to not look at other food other than my dc stuff which is lovely.I had the sausage casserole tonight and that was beautiful as well. The veg lasagna was just pure greed.

Tomorrow, however, is a new day and I am cheating. It's a bank holiday in Glasgow so I'm going to the seaside to a place called Largs which has just opened a huge ice cream parlour and fish and chip shop - classy version, so we're going for that. But after that DC all the way.

Largs sounds wonderful, hope you have a great time. I went to a ice cream palour in Tenerife and had a tast of every ice-cream withing my 2 weeks there only a small taste but WOW how wonderful!!! Have a good time.:D

Oh enjoy your' trip today, sounds very very nice :drool:

Hi ladies hope u all had a great weekend..You feeling better shep, i hope so.
WID lost 1lb that's ok 1lb less on my bum
i hope :D

Hi ladies hope u all had a great weekend..You feeling better shep, i hope so.
WID lost 1lb that's ok 1lb less on my bum
i hope :D
Well done on the loss this week Itsy

Well done Itsy, 1lb is good - that's my weekly goal although I don't think I'll be doing it this week!
Today - bank holiday in Glasgow - 11st 6lb
breakfast - DC granola (I've got a nerve!)
lunch - deep fried fish and chips, and mushy peas and bread and butter and 2 Italian chocolate cream cakes made by Italian pastry chef and creme brulee cone!
Dinner - nothing

Well how's that for overdoing it! Yikes, I'll be about a stone heavier next week!

It gets worse: tomorrow's my birthday and going out for dinner - just Nando's though so I'll be sensible.
And on Wednesday going to Indian restaurant that's been arranged!

I'll have gained 2 stone by weigh in!

This is actually quite ironic as this is the only diet I've loved so much and I'm doing all this mega cheating but after these nights out I'll be back to 100%.

So not a good DC day but did enjoy my day at the seaside. The ice cream parlour was amazing. It is a renovation of a 50s style cafe/restaurant that has been done up in retro style. The pastry chef came out to meet us - he's from the same Italian village that my husband's family are from. I think they were the best cakes I have ever tasted - and I've tasted many! So did enjoy myself but wil pay the price on the scales.

Happy Birthday Broxi :birthday::candle1::birthday:
Have a great time and enjoy yourself, don't worry about your diet, it's your birthday afterall and only one day so enjoy!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROXI :birthday:
Hope you have a great day

Oh thank you all very much for your kind wishes. That's the most birthday wishes I've had since my 21st!

Well, I blew my diet again today but this is it- the last for months! ha ha!

I was good all day with brown bread toast, dairy lea, soup and green salad BUT had vouchers for Ashoka Shak and had mixed Indian starters and tandoori mix! Lovely but my diet's done in! But tomorrow is it!

Oh thank you all very much for your kind wishes. That's the most birthday wishes I've had since my 21st!

Well, I blew my diet again today but this is it- the last for months! ha ha!

I was good all day with brown bread toast, dairy lea, soup and green salad BUT had vouchers for Ashoka Shak and had mixed Indian starters and tandoori mix! Lovely but my diet's done in! But tomorrow is it!

i'm starting the challenge tomorrow and its my birthday and I'm gonna be good (i hope)

How bad is that - starting a challenge on your birthday hehe! Mind you there are more ways to have fun not involving food - or so I'm told lol

Glad you had a good day Broxi, Indian and all.

I've been lax today but then I'm lax everyday and just about skim the calorie count, give or take 1,000 here and there! Going to be good from tomorrow though - want to succeed in the challenge :)

Last edited:
Back