Brrrrrr!

IslandBreeze

Castaway
Anyone else freezing? Have cold toes and fingers no matter what I wear. Went to bed fully dressed last night (very disappointed hubby!), have to have 2 duvets on the bed and was still cold so made hubby sleep curled around me to help keep me warm!
Thank heavens for the new banana custard - I need something hot!!

lol I remember shivering the whole way through the diet!! I used to go to bed with 3 pairs of socks on.

I know shivering burns calories though so not a bad thing...

M.

I have the same problem. I've never been a slippers kind of gal, but now wear slippers and socks around the house all day. Mmm... sexy! :D

As for the cold hands, I get them too. I sometimes make a cup of hot water just to hold. Also, my 6 month old daughter loves having her tummy and back rubbed and she is lovely and warm, so if all else fails I give her a cuddle and that warms me up!!! :)

Cold fingers and toes are a good thing!

I was told by my LLC that the reason for the cold is that the body drops its metabolism when you go into ketosis, and the reason for the cold fingers and toes is because the body does not pump blood all the way to the extremeties all the time in a bid to conserve energy. All the time you have cold fingers and toes you know you're body is working and the fat is burning!

My LLC says your body temp is 2-3 degrees lower than usual in ketosis. Knowing that doesn't make me feel any less cold though - in fact it's possible that knowing that makes me feel colder than I really am. Off to find an extra cardigan now!

Today has been my coldest day since doing LL.

I have always felt COLD but today i am freezing. Been drinking lots more warm Fruits of the Forest, and black coffee to help me through my last week before management.

Mind you, I did have some sweetcorn from the salad bar in my Chicken soup today :)

My mum is getting very worried about me, so she wants to know I am eating!

I hate being cold, I used to get cold hands & feet before this diet. Infact I was always cold, when everyone else was hot, now I'm just absolutely freezing most of the time.

I would love to live in a hot country, maybe when I retire. LOL

I'm moving to hotter climes in 8 weeks so at least I won't feel cold then. I also think that VLCDs are easier to do in warm weather, this current cold snap is very hard for us all I think. The Chatterbox thrives when we're feeling chilly!

Am I the only one whos other half couldn't care less that I'm so cold I go to bed fully dressed every night?
:ashamed0005:

Fallenangel you lucky person, where are you moving to? how are you going to carry on the diet?
I'm so jealous!!!

Fallenangel you lucky person, where are you moving to? how are you going to carry on the diet?
I'm so jealous!!!

Am heading off to the South Atlantic - a little island called St Helena (try www.southatlanticimages.com). It's in the tropics and in the middle of the ocean between Rio and Cape Town so pretty good weather. Can't wait!!! especially when the skies are so grey here at the moment. Lucky me!
I only have 3 stone left to lose and that should mean I need to do the diet for about a month after arriving - I think I can do that. And I'm hoping that long term there will be less temptation there. There'll be lots of fresh fish (yum!) and much less access to all the bad food I usually eat (it's the kind of place with no late night shops, no Sunday opening and still has half-day closing - so if I have late-night cravings, there's no way I can indulge them - FAB!!!)- London offers far too much choice and temptation for someone like me.

Wow fallenangel can I come too? have you got a job over there? is that why you're moving away from this wonderful cold/wet country?
You are doing what I have always dreamt of, you are so lucky.

Wow fallenangel can I come too? have you got a job over there? is that why you're moving away from this wonderful cold/wet country?
You are doing what I have always dreamt of, you are so lucky.
Thanks Cherry. My husband's got a job over there. It's something we've been wanting to do for a year or two now and we've managed to pull it together. I can't wait - am particularly lucky that I won't be working out there as the costs of living there are pretty low and lovely hubby thinks I deserve some time off as I've been so stressed and working so hard and we want a family so he thinks I should chill and recuperate and hopefully then be pregnant and healthy. Being a relaxed housewife in sunny climes - how blessed am I!!!!:character00180:

I am taking a hot water bottle to bed every night, I have huge fluffy socks that are normally only out for winter and I am only warm now because I just did 30 mins on my excercise machine.

I feel it more at night, and then get really miserable

Thanks Cherry. My husband's got a job over there. It's something we've been wanting to do for a year or two now and we've managed to pull it together. I can't wait - am particularly lucky that I won't be working out there as the costs of living there are pretty low and lovely hubby thinks I deserve some time off as I've been so stressed and working so hard and we want a family so he thinks I should chill and recuperate and hopefully then be pregnant and healthy. Being a relaxed housewife in sunny climes - how blessed am I!!!!:character00180:

:jelous: Im soooooo jealous :jelous:

Yep I'm permanently freezing too - my hubby has taken to going to bed a couple of minutes before me and warming my side of the bed - what a star :)

Cath

Fallenangel, good luck & enjoy your new life.
I hope the island is as beautiful as it sounds & that you lose the weight, I'm sure you will be able to maintain it out there also.
You are definately blessed!!

Back