Buddies wanted. Starting Friday

Mrs Dodd

Hi All,
Im new to the site and looking for buddies to share experiences with on our weight loss journeys. I have 5-6 stone to lose in order to get our second round of ivf so will not be quitting!!!
Who's with me?? xxxxx

Hi All, Im new to the site and looking for buddies to share experiences with on our weight loss journeys. I have 5-6 stone to lose in order to get our second round of ivf so will not be quitting!!! Who's with me?? xxxxx

Hi mrs Dodd good luck for Friday's start. Which step will u be on? I have 4st 9lbs to go to get to
My goal so can certainly help you along. I'm
On step three as I exercise.

Why don't you join the CWP threads November weight loss challenge in here and meet lots of others xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Willpowerwoman!

I'm going to start on sole source plus so that I can have milk in cups of tea as I'm slightly addicted! Excellent plan about joining the November challenge, I will do that!

Thanks

Hi there,

I started last Friday. I have my first weigh in tomorrow. I hope your first week goes well. I am looking to loose 2.5 stone. I haven't got a clue or any sense really about how much I have lost. I must be a bit lighter because I've not eaten for almost a week.

Hi All,
Im new to the site and looking for buddies to share experiences with on our weight loss journeys. I have 5-6 stone to lose in order to get our second round of ivf so will not be quitting!!!
Who's with me?? xxxxx

Hi Mrs Dodd, there is so much support & motivation on here, you will find lots of support,

Good luck for Friday, keep us posted x x

Good luck for Friday!
Keep busy and drink that water :D

This is true hahaaaa! How are you getting on? Is it the first time you've done Cambridge? X

I'm getting on okay with the exception of needing to p*ss like a racehorse every half an hour. Is this normal?? I really struggle to drink this much water and it feels like I'm gulping it down against my better judgement at times.

I did a half-arsed attempt at Cambridge about a year ago and lost a stone but I just came back off and returned to my fat cow eating habits so it didn't do much in the long term unfortunately. I think I have a better understanding this time round and am trying to view food as fuel for the body rather than stuffing my face with treats but it takes a while to train yourself to think like that. :(

How are you doing?

Good luck for tomorrow!
I found the low carbing and lots of water in the few days before I stared really helped, I hit ketosis on day 2 and had minimal symptoms.... but I also had a sneaky 'last meal' kebab and pint!!

Hope tomorrow goes well xx

Chocolate Covered Elle,

Re water....

I'm with you on that one! I'm a nurse so I can make it about an hour before peeing for England but this is challenging my NHS bladder capacity!!
I'm using it as an opportunity to practise my pelvic floor exercises... Or texting/Facebook/reading war and peace... There really is enough pee time!
I don't struggle with the water but I drank about 2-3l normally so have upped it to 4-5l. I find putting it in bottles helps and I went out and bought a pint glass so I don't have to fill it up so often. Seems to work for me.

Good luck xx

Hi Meems,

Haha! I too slink off to the toilet and reply to my texts or scroll through my Twitter feed. It's breaking up the day kind of nicely, if not a little disruptant.

You were pretty good with water to begin with then! I sometimes get to my lunch hour before I have my first drink of the day. :ashamed0005:

Since Sunday I've been hitting 3/3.5 litres but it's definitely an effort. Hopefully will get easier as I continue!

I'm getting on okay with the exception of needing to p*ss like a racehorse every half an hour. Is this normal?? I really struggle to drink this much water and it feels like I'm gulping it down against my better judgement at times. I did a half-arsed attempt at Cambridge about a year ago and lost a stone but I just came back off and returned to my fat cow eating habits so it didn't do much in the long term unfortunately. I think I have a better understanding this time round and am trying to view food as fuel for the body rather than stuffing my face with treats but it takes a while to train yourself to think like that. :( How are you doing?

Hahahaa. Well hopefully the peeing is getting better for you? I find my body kind of adjust to all the water in the end! I've only really ever drank a max of 3l water in a day on this diet I don't think when you get above that amount it makes and difference to weight loss?

I'm not doing too bad thanks! I started this diet a year ago and lost 2 stones 12lbs but never quite made it to my goal weight which was another 4lbs away. I started to develop gall bladder problems, felt sorry for myself and started to eat again. So I'm back to re-lose 1 stone 6lbs plus the 4lb I never lost! So 1 stone 10lb. I am glad I didn't put the whole lot back on. But feeling a bit demotivated today! Have you had your first WI yet? Xx

Hi can I be your buddy? I started this morning. Starving already and can't get the thought if food out of my mind!!! Need support and would love to be able to support others along the way!

fiona x

Hi Fiona!

The first few days really are the worst, but it got better quite quickly after that.
I'm on day 12 now and adapting really well. I had a rocky start to week 2 with the arrival of TOTM and hunger/cravings ++ but ignored it and am so glad I didn't give in! I set out to do just SS but have sone the odd SS+ day and have been able to stick with it because of it.
Keep busy and drink the water. And if you are doing SS - don't kick yourself for having that SS+ meal/extra pack if you need it. It's far better than derailing completely.

Good luck and keep posting. It helps!

Meems xx

Thanks for the support! And well done on your own weight loss!!:)

Day 1 nearly done for me. I didn't believe I could do it....going to take it 1day at a time...not worrying about tomorrow until tomorrow....

pretty hungry right now..... So water it is!!!

looking forward to posting more and sharing my journey,

thanks,

Fiona x

Day 2 .

nice chocolate mint to start the day. Yesterday consisted of3 shakes and tea/coffee with milk. I had a square of chocolate last night and I don't know whether to be annoyed at myself or not??? Any thoughts all you Cambridgers?

Fiona x

Hahahaa. Well hopefully the peeing is getting better for you? I find my body kind of adjust to all the water in the end! I've only really ever drank a max of 3l water in a day on this diet I don't think when you get above that amount it makes and difference to weight loss?

I'm not doing too bad thanks! I started this diet a year ago and lost 2 stones 12lbs but never quite made it to my goal weight which was another 4lbs away. I started to develop gall bladder problems, felt sorry for myself and started to eat again. So I'm back to re-lose 1 stone 6lbs plus the 4lb I never lost! So 1 stone 10lb. I am glad I didn't put the whole lot back on. But feeling a bit demotivated today! Have you had your first WI yet? Xx

My first WI is in a few hours... I'll let you know how I get on! x

Back