Buddies wanted. Starting Friday

Day 2 .

nice chocolate mint to start the day. Yesterday consisted of3 shakes and tea/coffee with milk. I had a square of chocolate last night and I don't know whether to be annoyed at myself or not??? Any thoughts all you Cambridgers?

Fiona x

You do what you have to do RE: the square of chocolate. It's unlikely that will have sabotaged your whole diet but it's more the mental implications. Try not to see food as 'cheating' or a reward. Food is fuel for our bodies. Some of it tastes nice, some of it doesn't. Some of it is good for you, some of it isn't. It's okay to have a little from all of those categories in my opinion (in the long term) but try and remind yourself why you are on Cambridge in the first place and all the reasons you are desperate to achieve your goals.

TL; DR Don't be annoyed about one square of chocolate. You're doing good. Keep it up!! x

Hi all!
Hope u r all doing well... i have attempted Cambridge before twice and failed... First time i lost 2stones 2lbs roughly in 6 weeks and second time a stone in 2 weeks. I failed purely because i decided to eat like a PIG! dad had a stroke then went on holiday, then i had a family wedding and lastly my sister gor married! Excuses excuses! I wish so badly i didnt give up but never mind... i am back and if i mess up this time ive promised myself i will not diet ever. . Lol... so i have no choice but to do it! I have a little girl age 2 and half :thumbup: and huby who i am constantly cooking for.. lol... been on it 2 weeks and so far so good.. get weighed on sundays.. i wish u all luck and hope its ok for me to join in as i need support like no tomorrow! And i would love to give anyone else support too.. also does anyone know if more water really helps ur losses. ? I lost 2st2lbish in 6 weekz n i used to drink 3 to 4 litres everyday.. my friend has just lost 4 stones on ss in 12 weeks and is at target but drank 5 ltrs without fail... but im a little scared as im always reading like crap on drinking too much water etc etc... so any info on this will be much appreciated again good luck everyone will check in whenever i can.. xxxxx

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb
need to lose 4stones 8lbs
hit target by 15.02.14(16 weeks)

week1 - lost 7lbs (weighed 14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (weighed 13.12)

Hey Mya!

The only concern with water is that you shouldn't be drinking lots in one go. Everyone will process it at different rates but in general it would be a bad idea to sit down in the evening and drink 3 litres in an hour to 'catch up'. As long as the water is spread throughout the day and you are drinking at least a glass with each product you should be fine. Try not to compare your water intake to others and listen to your body. Good luck for this week :) x

Hey Mya!

The only concern with water is that you shouldn't be drinking lots in one go. Everyone will process it at different rates but in general it would be a bad idea to sit down in the evening and drink 3 litres in an hour to 'catch up'. As long as the water is spread throughout the day and you are drinking at least a glass with each product you should be fine. Try not to compare your water intake to others and listen to your body. Good luck for this week :) x

Heyyy... well done on ur 9lb loss! Absolutely brilliant... and thanks for the informative reply.. now i understand how I should pace my water out.. i did kind of do that a couple if times squeeze in my litre within half an hour before i go to bed.. and boy it made my stomach hurt and wake up over and over.! So thanks.. i will now try to do a litre every few or couple of hours... how are you feeling with such a brilliant loss? Xxx

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

Heyyy... well done on ur 9lb loss! Absolutely brilliant... and thanks for the informative reply.. now i understand how I should pace my water out.. i did kind of do that a couple if times squeeze in my litre within half an hour before i go to bed.. and boy it made my stomach hurt and wake up over and over.! So thanks.. i will now try to do a litre every few or couple of hours... how are you feeling with such a brilliant loss? Xxx

Thanks Mya! I'm really pleased as I'm doing step 2 and I went out for a meal on Friday night. (Was as good as I possibly could be but I expected around 4lb off). I'm kinda determined to do 5lb this week which would obviously get me my first stone off! The problem for me is how I'm going to maintain. I'm a little afraid that when I come off plan that I will eat carbs and just balloon. I'm thinking of doing another stone on Cambridge and then switching to Slimming World for my final stone, to introduce food in a more controlled way...

Yes, definitely re-think your water intake and I promise you will see results! I always drink from a 500ml water bottle as I find it easier and have no excuse not to carry it around or have it in the car etc. I write the numbers on the side of it in pen when I fill it up, so I write 1 - 8 and then cross the numbers off every time I fill it up if that makes sense. I normally have one when I'm getting ready/driving to work, one with my morning shake, another one to sip on throughout the morning and then finish at lunch, one in the afternoon/drive home, one with dinner and then take one to bed. If i drink it that's good but if I don't then no worries! As long as your urine isn't crazy yellow you are fine and as you can tell from my description I NEVER fill up my bottle 8 times. But that's okay :) x

Thanks Mya! I'm really pleased as I'm doing step 2 and I went out for a meal on Friday night. (Was as good as I possibly could be but I expected around 4lb off). I'm kinda determined to do 5lb this week which would obviously get me my first stone off! The problem for me is how I'm going to maintain. I'm a little afraid that when I come off plan that I will eat carbs and just balloon. I'm thinking of doing another stone on Cambridge and then switching to Slimming World for my final stone, to introduce food in a more controlled way...

Yes, definitely re-think your water intake and I promise you will see results! I always drink from a 500ml water bottle as I find it easier and have no excuse not to carry it around or have it in the car etc. I write the numbers on the side of it in pen when I fill it up, so I write 1 - 8 and then cross the numbers off every time I fill it up if that makes sense. I normally have one when I'm getting ready/driving to work, one with my morning shake, another one to sip on throughout the morning and then finish at lunch, one in the afternoon/drive home, one with dinner and then take one to bed. If i drink it that's good but if I don't then no worries! As long as your urine isn't crazy yellow you are fine and as you can tell from my description I NEVER fill up my bottle 8 times. But that's okay :) x

Heyyy

Yes thats my main problem! CARBS! I can live on bread potatoes pasta crisps! Not much of a sweet tooth... im also hoping i can change my eating habits so that once im done and gone through all the steps i can keep the weight off! I have a litre bottle and feels like ita taking forever to drink lol... so i might guve ur way a shot and buy 500ml one.. see how that goes.. and no my urine has not been yellow at all so thank god panic over.. hows step 2 with losses in comparison to ss? Xx

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

Hi all

Just wondering hows everyone doing? I had a bad day yesterday not food wise... my huby was rushed into hospital... but he is better today allhamdulillah... so just hoping he gets well soon... was scary seeing him so ill so suddenly.. he is home now... hope everyones good as haven't seen anyone posting x

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

Hi All,
Im new to the site and looking for buddies to share experiences with on our weight loss journeys. I have 5-6 stone to lose in order to get our second round of ivf so will not be quitting!!!
Who's with me?? xxxxx

Hi!
I also have to lose 5-6 stone. Getting married next year and also want to try for another baby but know my body won't cope being pregnant and this big!! Anyone know if you lose more weight if you are bigger to begin with? Xx

My CDC has told me that it is likely that I'll have bigger losses at first because I have more to lose. I've lost 20lbs in two weeks so I'm inclined to believe her! Hopefully it will even out as the weeks go on - not that I'm complaining of course!

Hope it's going well Hippopotamummy.

mrsmya, hope that your hubby is feeling better soon. It's very scary when someone you love is ill. Well done for not falling back on food in a crisis.

Meems xx

My CDC has told me that it is likely that I'll have bigger losses at first because I have more to lose. I've lost 20lbs in two weeks so I'm inclined to believe her! Hopefully it will even out as the weeks go on - not that I'm complaining of course!

Hope it's going well Hippopotamummy.

mrsmya, hope that your hubby is feeling better soon. It's very scary when someone you love is ill. Well done for not falling back on food in a crisis.

Meems xx

Well done on ur amazing loss meems! Wowowow! Amazing! And thank you so much for ur lovely reply... its a difficult time his body keeps going numb and then a severe headache follows... hospital said he is having a aura migraine and may have had a mini stroke... only 28... so scary... just hoping its the aura migraine and nothing more.. hes on some meds at the moment and at home so just hoping he gets well soon.. also thanks for the pat on the back lol... feel good not eating in a crisis... just hoping i can do 4lb this week then ive hit my 1 stone.. keep me posted on ur losses and keep it up... ur doing fab and ur losses r like a dream for many...

Xxx

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

Hi!
I also have to lose 5-6 stone. Getting married next year and also want to try for another baby but know my body won't cope being pregnant and this big!! Anyone know if you lose more weight if you are bigger to begin with? Xx

Hi hippopotamummy... how u doing? Hope ur dping well on ur journey... i think its defo true as meeme has posted her losses... which are amazing for 2 weeks... also my friend had 6 stones to lose and lost it in 4 and half months at a very quick rate her first week she lost a stone... i think it also depends on water intake and each body etc... but the more water th better... wish u lots of luck and keep us posted xx

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

Hey
How is everyone doing? Been a quiet week... no replies or posts?

Had my weigh in today and lost 6lbs... chuffed as i wanted to hit a stone loss but have managed more x

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week3 - lost 6lb (weighed 13.6)

Hey How is everyone doing? Been a quiet week... no replies or posts? Had my weigh in today and lost 6lbs... chuffed as i wanted to hit a stone loss but have managed more x start date 26.10.14 start weight 14st8lb target weight 10st0lb need to lose 4stones 8lbs hit target by 15.02.14(16 weeks) week1 - lost 7lbs (weighed 14.1) week2 - lost 3lb (weighed 13.12) week3 - lost 6lb (weighed 13.6)

Wow amazing losses!! Got my 3rd weigh in on the morning xx

Wow amazing losses!! Got my 3rd weigh in on the morning xx

Thank u huni! Hoping i get to target and maintain.. good lucj for tomorrow keep us posted... what did u lose week 1 and 2 xx

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week3 - lost 6lb (weighed 13.6)

Thank u huni! Hoping i get to target and maintain.. good lucj for tomorrow keep us posted... what did u lose week 1 and 2 xx start date 26.10.14 start weight 14st8lb target weight 10st0lb need to lose 4stones 8lbs hit target by 15.02.14(16 weeks) week1 - lost 7lbs (weighed 14.1) week2 - lost 3lb (weighed 13.12) week3 - lost 6lb (weighed 13.6)

Me too!! Maintenance hardest bit. I'm on step 2 - started 12.3 lost 6lb week 1 and 3lb week 2. Losses slow down as you get nearer goal these last 15lbs will take me longer than the first 2 stone (started 13.9 this time last year!!) xx

Back