Buddies wanted. Starting Friday

Oh my god - so update on the wedding.

I had a TERRIBLE CWP shake disaster in the car on the way to the reception! I decided to drive so that I wasn't tempted to have a drink like a god girl. After the ceremony I decided to have a shake in the the car using my shaker...well - the lid FLEW off and I ended up COVERED in the strawberry shake!!! I ended up having to use my coat to wipe it off! I thought I was going to cry! There was loads of it in my hair which quickly turned incredibly crusty. My boyfriend didn't help - he was laughing his head off! I can see the finny side now but at the time I was NOT impressed that I had to attend one of my best friends weddings covered in essential vitamins and minerals and I stank of strawberry! Luckily nobody noticed - or at least were too polite to say anything - maybe they thought it was a new perfume?

I think I did quite well with food. I only ate the meat and vegetables for starter and main (which I was pretty impressed with) BUT fell off the wagon when they brought dessert - a chocolate thing that tasted so amazing. I made a deal with myself that I would only eat half and I managed to stick to it - but it was SO difficult not to finish it off.

I really hope this doesn't effect my weight loss this week - I'm a bit disappointed with myself to be honest as I've been following my plan to the letter and it's only my first week but I figured how often do your friends have a wedding?

Sorry that this is long - just felt the need to vent it to people who understand. My boyfriend is currently incredibly drunk and keeps tempting me with late night bagels by eating one in the same room as me! I will try to stay strong!

xxx

Oh no Cstattygirl - think though you'll be laughing at this when you're writing up your success story!

My other half ordered Chinese last night! My number one downfall - especially Spring Rolls and Chicken Balls. I was very very good though and had 3 chunks of chicken, 1 mushroom and 2 small mouthfulls of Beef. It's tough being on this diet sometimes but it'll all be worth it in the end.

I weigh on a Sunday; this is my 8th week. In 7 weeks I've lost 30lbs exactly - 2 stone 2lbs. This has worked so much better for me than any other diet.

Tomorrow I'm going up to drop of my Step-Father in Law's Birthday present. They've not seen me since I started, so I'm very nervous. Normally they're very negative about any previous attempts at healthy eating and try and food police me or feed me loads!

Please let us know how your weigh in goes today wasanifu! Im sure we're all hoping it goes well.

Well done on the Chinese - I dont think I could be as strong as you! xx

Hey cstattygirl... how r u? Cannot believe what happened with the shake all over u! I would have gone mad lol and i can imagine my huby laughing away... u have done amazingly and so what u had a blip on dessert! The wedding wont ever come again so glad u enjoyed it... my weigh in was today lost 5lbs! So lost a stone and half in one month... so happy as i was hoping stone a month so im over target and hoping i will b in my 12stone mark next weigh in... keep us posted... good luck.. xx

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb
need to lose 4stones 8lbs
hit target by 15.02.14(16 weeks)

week1 - lost 7lbs (weighed 14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (weighed 13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (weighed 13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (weighed 13.1)

I forgot what day of the week it was Saturday I weigh not Sunday doh! I lost just 2lbs this week, but been retaining water like crazy from time of the month. Still I know it'll go this week :)

Oh no poor you about the shaker exploding :( Bet you were gutted, just what you need. It'll be a funny story to tell everyone when you're at target though!

It sounds like you did really well at the wedding well done you! I had a planned night off on Friday and I don't regret a single bite, I didn't even try to be good I just wanted to enjoy myself. Straight back on it the next day and scales aren't showing any gains...yet.

When's your weigh in?

xx

I forgot what day of the week it was Saturday I weigh not Sunday doh! I lost just 2lbs this week, but been retaining water like crazy from time of the month. Still I know it'll go this week :)

Hi wasanifu...
Just seen ur post... this one and the last one... well done on ur losses! Amazing 2st2lb.. I'm on week 5 now... cNt actually believe ive made it this far lol.. how have u been finding the water and have u noticed if it helps towards ur loss? Keep us posted and 2lb is still a great loss... so well done again and good luck for Saturday.... x

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

Before I never used to drink. I'd have a can of diet pop in the mornings at work and maybe a 500ml bottle of diet pop at lunchtime. Small glass of squash with my tea (If I didn't pop to the shop and get yet another bottle of pop!). Shaming really writing it all down, although I always went sugar free the amount of artificial sweeteners is terrifying!

Now I usually drink between 3 and a half and 4 litres a day. I have a 600ml bottle at work that I fill up regularly, I try and aim for 3 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon and finish my water allowance at home. In work I have a flavoured water, strawberry and Kiwi from Home Bargains. It's sugar free and doesn't contain citric acid. I'll have a splash of that in my bottle and top up with water as again it's too strong on it's own!

At home I use the water flavourings - but only 1/2 the recommended strength as I find it too strong otherwise. On the weekends I have a 2 litre Jug I make up and keep in the fridge. I try and drink that twice.

I've found the only times I didn't drink enough was the week I gained. I was out all day Thursday and I hate public loos, Friday I was cleaning the house for a guest and totally forgot and then Saturday we were out all day and again public loos! That week I had my +3 gain when I weighed the next day (Sunday as we were out Saturday!). I did have a cup of tea with one sugar and some sweet potato fries that Saturday, the day before weigh in too so not sure how that affected me either!

Just goes to show how sensitive I think I can be to carbs!

Ooo that's a great idea about a jug in the fridge I shall have to try that! I had a coke zero the other day - no citric acid and was a lovely weekend treat.

Just had my first weigh in and I lost 6 1/2 lbs. I'm pretty pleased with that considering I went to the wedding and drank and ate some of the food :) I was really aiming for half a stone but I have PCOS so losing weight is really difficult so anything at all is amazing!

Hoping I can do well again next week but my CDC said not to expect a loss again like this :-( oh well - any loss is good at all in my books - especially when she showed me what a pound of fat looks like! Has everyone had a good day?

xxx

AWESOME JOB Cstattygirl - 6 and a half pounds that's fantastic news!

I don't have pcos but I do have a slightly wonky thyroid (underactive) and have struggled on every diet I've been on before, maybe loosing 0.25 to half a pound a week tops. It was an excellent week if I lost 2lbs so that's my goal with Cambridge. If I loose more than 2lbs a week I'm over the moon. Slowly off is still off and much better than on! I think it gives me a bit more time to try and solve the mind games that I have with food.

Which I really need to do tonight! We went to see my Mother In Law and Step Father In Law tonight for his Birthday. No one said a word to me the whole time I was up there - OH's brother was there with his wife and son and although Rhys was talked to I was ignored and talked over all evening. I've not seen them since I started Cambridge and I'm now wearing clothes 3 sizes smaller but did anyone say a flipping word? NOPE. It took all I could to come home and not go through the McDonald's drive through and pig out! Can you say major emotional eating. I'll be so glad tomorrow I didn't when I step on the scales but it's trying to work out what to do instead of stuffing my face and eating my feelings so I don't cry!

Hope everyone else's day has gone better than mine!

That's fab cstatty! Well done on the loss and you've lost nearly half a stone this week! That really is awesome :)

Before I never used to drink. I'd have a can of diet pop in the mornings at work and maybe a 500ml bottle of diet pop at lunchtime. Small glass of squash with my tea (If I didn't pop to the shop and get yet another bottle of pop!). Shaming really writing it all down, although I always went sugar free the amount of artificial sweeteners is terrifying!

Now I usually drink between 3 and a half and 4 litres a day. I have a 600ml bottle at work that I fill up regularly, I try and aim for 3 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon and finish my water allowance at home. In work I have a flavoured water, strawberry and Kiwi from Home Bargains. It's sugar free and doesn't contain citric acid. I'll have a splash of that in my bottle and top up with water as again it's too strong on it's own!

At home I use the water flavourings - but only 1/2 the recommended strength as I find it too strong otherwise. On the weekends I have a 2 litre Jug I make up and keep in the fridge. I try and drink that twice.

I've found the only times I didn't drink enough was the week I gained. I was out all day Thursday and I hate public loos, Friday I was cleaning the house for a guest and totally forgot and then Saturday we were out all day and again public loos! That week I had my +3 gain when I weighed the next day (Sunday as we were out Saturday!). I did have a cup of tea with one sugar and some sweet potato fries that Saturday, the day before weigh in too so not sure how that affected me either!

Just goes to show how sensitive I think I can be to carbs!

Wow! Thanks for such a informative reply.... i try my best but just get tired of going to the loo lol especially when im out... and yes once again the carbs.. my weakness.. but managing so far.. want to get to 12 stone for xmas i know abit of a push as that would be 2 stone and 7lb in 8 weeks and few days... but ive got the 1 stone 7lb off so a stone to go for my first target.. so lets see how i get on.. good luck and keep us posted x

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

Ooo that's a great idea about a jug in the fridge I shall have to try that! I had a coke zero the other day - no citric acid and was a lovely weekend treat.

Just had my first weigh in and I lost 6 1/2 lbs. I'm pretty pleased with that considering I went to the wedding and drank and ate some of the food :) I was really aiming for half a stone but I have PCOS so losing weight is really difficult so anything at all is amazing!

Hoping I can do well again next week but my CDC said not to expect a loss again like this :-( oh well - any loss is good at all in my books - especially when she showed me what a pound of fat looks like! Has everyone had a good day?

xxx

Heyyyy

Well done you! Fantastic loss.. u should be over the moon.. thats same as my loss first week... brilliant.. and yeah they say average around a stone a month... so keep that in mind and u will be fine... well u enjoyed the wedding and had a good loss so happy days... keep us posted and good luck for this week x

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

That's fab cstatty! Well done on the loss and you've lost nearly half a stone this week! That really is awesome :)

Hey meems..
How r u? How have u been getting on? Xx

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

AWESOME JOB Cstattygirl - 6 and a half pounds that's fantastic news!

I don't have pcos but I do have a slightly wonky thyroid (underactive) and have struggled on every diet I've been on before, maybe loosing 0.25 to half a pound a week tops. It was an excellent week if I lost 2lbs so that's my goal with Cambridge. If I loose more than 2lbs a week I'm over the moon. Slowly off is still off and much better than on! I think it gives me a bit more time to try and solve the mind games that I have with food.

Which I really need to do tonight! We went to see my Mother In Law and Step Father In Law tonight for his Birthday. No one said a word to me the whole time I was up there - OH's brother was there with his wife and son and although Rhys was talked to I was ignored and talked over all evening. I've not seen them since I started Cambridge and I'm now wearing clothes 3 sizes smaller but did anyone say a flipping word? NOPE. It took all I could to come home and not go through the McDonald's drive through and pig out! Can you say major emotional eating. I'll be so glad tomorrow I didn't when I step on the scales but it's trying to work out what to do instead of stuffing my face and eating my feelings so I don't cry!

Hope everyone else's day has gone better than mine!

Wasanifu your evening sounded like it sucked. But the things you need to remember are
1. You DIDN'T have the Macdonalds which means you're already starting to make healthier choices and...
2. It doesn't matter if nobody says a word to you - you're doing this for you not for them. Screw anyone else! Who cares if you get complimented as long as you FEEL better that's the main thing. Yes - people noticing your hard efforts are a really nice thing - but at the end of all this you will be MUCH healthier than you are now and that's for nobody else but you :) I'm sure you look amazing anyway (in fact I'm sure we all do-I've always been very fat positive!). I imagine the difficult bit here is that these people are your family and I really do feel for you there. just know that you do have people supporting what you're doing even though it's a very drastic way to do things :) we can all get though this!!!

xxxxx

Good advice cstatty, sometimes family really does suck!
I had a run in with my sister at the weekend - usual sister angst nothing quite like your rather nasty sounding in laws Wasanifu, but the temptation to head for chocolate, crisps etc was strong. I didn't (most because of Saturdays vodka disaster!) but I could easily have gone back to old habits. Well done for avoiding Maccas although if it had been KFC for me I'm not sure I'd have had the Will power! :D
cstatty's right though, this really must be for us otherwise we'll never maintain it. As my nan says you can disappoint everybody but yourself.
In the end I took myself off for a walk and kicked the leaves viciously, worked almost like galaxy... Almost!

And mrsmya! I'm doing well thank you :) had a bumpy two weeks but this week is much more positive. How about you? Is hubby better now?

Hope everyones doing well and not abusing the heating as much as I am!! It's freezing... Brr :D xx

Good advice cstatty, sometimes family really does suck!
I had a run in with my sister at the weekend - usual sister angst nothing quite like your rather nasty sounding in laws Wasanifu, but the temptation to head for chocolate, crisps etc was strong. I didn't (most because of Saturdays vodka disaster!) but I could easily have gone back to old habits. Well done for avoiding Maccas although if it had been KFC for me I'm not sure I'd have had the Will power! :D
cstatty's right though, this really must be for us otherwise we'll never maintain it. As my nan says you can disappoint everybody but yourself.
In the end I took myself off for a walk and kicked the leaves viciously, worked almost like galaxy... Almost!

And mrsmya! I'm doing well thank you :) had a bumpy two weeks but this week is much more positive. How about you? Is hubby better now?

Hope everyones doing well and not abusing the heating as much as I am!! It's freezing... Brr :D xx

Hey meems

Good to hear from u... and yes im abusing the heating like its free!!! Also thank you so much for asking about my huby... he is much better now.. they have prescribed him some meds just in case the headaches come on... good to know ur doing good this week keep it up... we all have those bumpy days or weeks or months even.. u r still going and thats the main thing... im doing ok... kind of shocked im in week 5 and not had a blip yet! Dont want to jinx myself... i know people have done like 10months to a year on cwp but for me this is still a big achievement as i have tried and failed in the past and always made some sort of excuse to eat... ive had bday parties and dinners and tomorrow cooking like 6 curries for my in laws but still gonna stick to my lovely choc mint lol... so lets see if i can get to xmas without a blip n get to 12 stone... how about u? Whats ur goal for xmas? Xx

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

Hey meems

Good to hear from u... and yes im abusing the heating like its free!!! Also thank you so much for asking about my huby... he is much better now.. they have prescribed him some meds just in case the headaches come on... good to know ur doing good this week keep it up... we all have those bumpy days or weeks or months even.. u r still going and thats the main thing... im doing ok... kind of shocked im in week 5 and not had a blip yet! Dont want to jinx myself... i know people have done like 10months to a year on cwp but for me this is still a big achievement as i have tried and failed in the past and always made some sort of excuse to eat... ive had bday parties and dinners and tomorrow cooking like 6 curries for my in laws but still gonna stick to my lovely choc mint lol... so lets see if i can get to xmas without a blip n get to 12 stone... how about u? Whats ur goal for xmas? Xx

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

Five weeks without a blip?! You're a machine!! That's really impressive - no wonder you're getting such great losses well done x

Five weeks without a blip?! You're a machine!! That's really impressive - no wonder you're getting such great losses well done x

Lolll thanks hun and im just thinking this time no failing! Need to get through this and the sooner I'm done and in maintaining mode the happier il be! U can do it and im always here for support lol... and hope u can support me too.. keep me posted... night night x

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

Morning ladies,

You're all doing so well!!

Wasanifu I completely agree with cstattygirl. Yes it would have been nice for someone to notice but you know yourself that this is for you not them and you've already lost over 2 stone and managed to resist the emotional eating - I reckon you're doing way better than you think. Go make plans with some friends or (nice) family members you haven't seen for a while so they make a fuss of you instead!!

Well done cstattygirl on your 1st weigh in that's fab!!!

xx

Back