Buddies wanted. Starting Friday

I was told Lemsip drinks no (citric acid!) - but cold and flu tablets yes. You could always have a shake hot if you fancied the warm drinks.

See how you go but you might need to have a bit of food just to help your body fight it. I had a bad cold that knocked me for 6 though managed to stick to it - just took me a little longer to get over it I think.

Yes ive had two lemsip flu tablets! ? R they ok? And i am really wanting to eat but honestly i just want to see 4lb this week weigh in so ive hit my 2st mark.. i know my health comes first but u managed to stick and im sure i can too... if i get like too bad then i will... but i am like 9 out of 10 right now but still just having my shake.. will u let me know aboyt the lemsip tablet xxxx thanks for ur reply... much appreciated xxx

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb
need to lose 4stones 8lbs
hit target by 15.02.14(16 weeks)

week1 - lost 7lbs (weighed 14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (weighed 13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (weighed 13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (weighed 13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (weighed 12.12)

Morning,

Sorry hon but my CDC said nothing allowed but paracetamol :( I did find that hot shakes helped plus the veg water flavouring which I had hot so it was like a cup a soup.

Get well soon xx

Morning,

Sorry hon but my CDC said nothing allowed but paracetamol :( I did find that hot shakes helped plus the veg water flavouring which I had hot so it was like a cup a soup.

Get well soon xx

Thanks clareb... i jusr had the 2 yesterday and then stopped as i was waiting for a reply. . So thsnks again and I'll stick to paracetamol and vicks... I've never heard of this veg water flavouring? Is it a soup? Or just flavouring? I think i could do with some right now as i don't like the choc mint hot n its the only shake i have 3 times a day 7 days a week lol x

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

They do 3 water flavourings - berry, another fruity one and a golden vegetable one. I thought the veg one sounded disgusting but I tried my sister's and I loved it so buy it most weeks now! Just 1 spoon in a mug of hot water and it's like a thin soup.

Right - hot shakes. I didn't particularly like them hot either but I've found a way to make them fab! I have a choc or choc mint sachet with 300ml cold water and 300ml boiling water plus 1 spoon of flavoured coffee - I have caramel, hazelnut and almond (you can have these with CWP, my CDC told me about them Douwe Egberts and Beanies do them I get them from Sainsburys online). They are just like drinking a mocha and seem really indulgent plus you get nearly 400ml of your water intake in each drink. You HAVE to blend them properly though, the shakers just do not get it right. I bought a an Active Blend and it's great.

Hope that helps! xx

They do 3 water flavourings - berry, another fruity one and a golden vegetable one. I thought the veg one sounded disgusting but I tried my sister's and I loved it so buy it most weeks now! Just 1 spoon in a mug of hot water and it's like a thin soup.

Right - hot shakes. I didn't particularly like them hot either but I've found a way to make them fab! I have a choc or choc mint sachet with 300ml cold water and 300ml boiling water plus 1 spoon of flavoured coffee - I have caramel, hazelnut and almond (you can have these with CWP, my CDC told me about them Douwe Egberts and Beanies do them I get them from Sainsburys online). They are just like drinking a mocha and seem really indulgent plus you get nearly 400ml of your water intake in each drink. You HAVE to blend them properly though, the shakers just do not get it right. I bought a an Active Blend and it's great.

Hope that helps! xx

Thanks clare yes i will definitely purchase the veg flavour as I'm really wanting something hot when im feeling this rubbish! Just not getting any better... and i also tried it with the hazelnut one from sainsburys some time ago when i last did cwp but still wasnt a fan... maybe its bcoz im not a hot drinks lady lol... i only mayb in winter hav a hot chocolate if that... and sometimes green tea if im bloated... but will try the veg one for sure... also i spoke to my consultant and she said i can take lemsip tablets..? I think i might have to just go ahead and have them as i spoke to my dr and he advised they can't give me any antibiotics yet as ive only been ill for 2 days! So if I'm still like this next WEEK then i need to go back to the gp! So paracetamol are just not doing anything for me and vicks is taking the edge off a little... help! Lol... dont wanna mess my weigh in up coz of lemsip tablets.? X

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

Hiya, you should be fine with lemsip tablets they don't have the citric acid the hot drink ones have. They are paracetamol, decongestant and caffeine All of which are fine on cwp. The citric acid can knock some people out of ketosis which is why it's a no no. But beware that the veg drink contains potato starch do makes some people feel hungry!

Hope you feel better soon.

Xxx

Hiya, you should be fine with lemsip tablets they don't have the citric acid the hot drink ones have. They are paracetamol, decongestant and caffeine All of which are fine on cwp. The citric acid can knock some people out of ketosis which is why it's a no no. But beware that the veg drink contains potato starch do makes some people feel hungry!

Hope you feel better soon.

Xxx

Oh thank you so so much for ur reply... ive been dying to have some lemsip but thought I'd wait... im not too fussed about ketosis so long as it doesnt effect my losses... and yes i did read that somewhere about veg flavour today but wud kill for something hot and savoury like... Thanks again for ur reply and kind words. .. xxx

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

Hello everyone!

Sorry to hear you're ill mrsmya :( maybe I'm terrible but I'm a firm believer in the fact that you should take whatever medicine you need to feel right if that's any use?

Sneaky tip...my CDC told me that the golden vegetable flavouring was basically the same as bouillion that you can buy from the supermarket but 7 times the price! She has checked the ingredients on both and says you may as well buy the supermarket stuff - that way if you run out you can pop back and get more rather than breaking the diet. I love it but try to only have it if I'm feeling REALLY hungry. She said to only put in half of the amount they say though as there are a few calories in it - but I've tried it and it doesn't taste weak - it's lovely.

On an unrelated note...is anybody REALLY feeling the cold?! I swear I'm so much colder on this diet! I'm currently wearing a wooly hat indoors!!! xxx

Hello everyone!

Sorry to hear you're ill mrsmya :( maybe I'm terrible but I'm a firm believer in the fact that you should take whatever medicine you need to feel right if that's any use?

Sneaky tip...my CDC told me that the golden vegetable flavouring was basically the same as bouillion that you can buy from the supermarket but 7 times the price! She has checked the ingredients on both and says you may as well buy the supermarket stuff - that way if you run out you can pop back and get more rather than breaking the diet. I love it but try to only have it if I'm feeling REALLY hungry. She said to only put in half of the amount they say though as there are a few calories in it - but I've tried it and it doesn't taste weak - it's lovely.

On an unrelated note...is anybody REALLY feeling the cold?! I swear I'm so much colder on this diet! I'm currently wearing a wooly hat indoors!!! xxx

Heyyyy

How r u doing? Hows diet treating u lol... thanks for ur reply and i just went out and got some flu and cough tablets rather thn lemsip just to be on the safe side... and yes i will try the one from supermarket and cwp 2 and decide which i prefer...

You are not alone in feeling cold! I have had the heating on all day... just switched it off now as house is like a sauna lol! I think its all that water maybe... god knows but since ive started on cwp i am always cold... and today extra cold as weather is like 1.5!

Hope everyone is doing well... keep me posted on weigh in days and results as I've lost track of everyone's days :confused:

Good luck xxxx

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

Hi all

Hope your all doing well... just wanted to update u all... i have just got back from the hospital... wasn't getting any better so they have prescribed me some anti biotics, a inhaler and some blood pressure tablets... so im having to take a few days off from diet :(:thumbdown: so i will be back and posting hopefully soon as im better... good luck everyone for the next few days... hope i recover quick so i can still get my 2 stone done before xmas eve... but need to just focus on my health right now xxxx

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

I'm sorry to hear your unwell Mrsmya. Cambridge will still be here when you're better and your health is FAR more important.

If you don't make your two stone then don't worry. Think of how far you've come already! Loosing is best, but maintaining is great but giving up is the worst! I'm sure you'll be a Christmas Cracker no matter what you weigh!

Hope everyone else is doing okay <3 I had a work meal out yesterday. I've stuck solidly to plan all week and was delighted this morning with a 3lb loss! Goes to show you stick to it one meal won't de-rail you!

I have 2 weeks now as I'm off out next weekend. I have Bath Christmas market tomorrow with family, Chippie dinner on Wednesday at work (OH is having half my chips!). Going out on Saturday won't be too bad as I'll stick to plan and have a shake in the car and my bar at lunch - I might have a cup of tea at the wool shop though! Then that Friday is the big meal out and drinking as well! As long as I stick to plan around it I should be fine. Faith in the system!

I'm sorry to hear your unwell Mrsmya. Cambridge will still be here when you're better and your health is FAR more important.

If you don't make your two stone then don't worry. Think of how far you've come already! Loosing is best, but maintaining is great but giving up is the worst! I'm sure you'll be a Christmas Cracker no matter what you weigh!

Hope everyone else is doing okay <3 I had a work meal out yesterday. I've stuck solidly to plan all week and was delighted this morning with a 3lb loss! Goes to show you stick to it one meal won't de-rail you!

I have 2 weeks now as I'm off out next weekend. I have Bath Christmas market tomorrow with family, Chippie dinner on Wednesday at work (OH is having half my chips!). Going out on Saturday won't be too bad as I'll stick to plan and have a shake in the car and my bar at lunch - I might have a cup of tea at the wool shop though! Then that Friday is the big meal out and drinking as well! As long as I stick to plan around it I should be fine. Faith in the system!

Hi wasanifu

How are you... thank you for your lovely message and yes hoping il get well soon! Don't know how much more i can cope with... my right ear has also been blocked for 2 days now and its so painful just want it to go POP! But ur right my health comes first and cambridge will still be here and knowing i hadnt had a single blip in 5 weeks im very proud of myself! So need to think positive and focus on getting better...

A big well done to u on ur loss this morning... FANTASTIC... keep up and u will b at target in no time...

Hope u enjoy ur time off and ur meals and drinks u have planned... especially chips! Lol... keep us all posted and once again thank you so much for ur amazing message and reply... really means alot when u r feeling rubbish...

Xxx

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

I've always found a hot water bottle or heated rice bag against my ear helps with infections and blockages - that and chewing gum. I've had problems with my ears since I was a kid. Horrible - wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Today we went to Bath Christmas market, and they chose a sit down Chinese for dinner. So Spring Rolls, Lemon Chicken and Rice and a BBQ Pork Dim Sum Dumpling. That combined with too little to drink means I'm going to have a carb hangover from hell tomorrow! Oh well - it comes but once a year!

I've always found a hot water bottle or heated rice bag against my ear helps with infections and blockages - that and chewing gum. I've had problems with my ears since I was a kid. Horrible - wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Today we went to Bath Christmas market, and they chose a sit down Chinese for dinner. So Spring Rolls, Lemon Chicken and Rice and a BBQ Pork Dim Sum Dumpling. That combined with too little to drink means I'm going to have a carb hangover from hell tomorrow! Oh well - it comes but once a year!

Hiii
Oh yes I'm the same... planes are a full on nightmare... and i tried everything u can imagine rice bag, chewing gum, pinch my nose, jump on one leg! Lol... but it popped yesterday itself out of the blue as i think my throats clearing up and dr said it had something to do with one of the tubes from the throat being blocked?...

So im feeling better today... still got a coigh but not as bad as before... so ive decided to get back on cambridge coz i just don't wanna get used to being off plan.. ill or not... my weigh in day will now be thursdays... so will keep u all posted.. im sure i must have gained a couple of pounds water weight but dont want to weigh myself! I'm hoping i can still exceed my target of 2 stone by xmas... hoping i can do 2st7 in total which means from my last weigh in i have 11lbs to lose by then...

Also wasanifu good on u... u enjoyed yourself and everything sounds delicious and once a year it comes and one day off won't hurt...

Keep me posted guys... i feel like its a littlw quiet on here.. not heard from many of u... either way good luck everyone... will keep u posted... xxxx

Oh and thanks again wasanifu u seem like my little dr of minimins lol x

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

Also just to clear up my figures lol.... it would have been 11lbs to lose from my last weigh in but as ive been off plan i will find out what the damage is on thursday and then update on how many pounds to go for target... x

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

Fingers crossed it's just water weight!

We met a friend today and they wanted to eat at Ed's Diner which is a burger place. I swore I'd be good and have the burger without the bun and salad but somehow got convinced into having sweet potato fries and a milkshake. I feel sick now and know I'll deffo have carb flu by tomorrow. Bit of emotional eating as OH managed to scratch our 3 month old car today coming out of the work car park! The Car will live, and we can afford to get the paint touched up but he was so miserable and angry with himself it rubbed off on me. Poor friend, we probably were horrible company!

Oh well, time to take my own advice - Deep breath and move on. It's Christmas and a few wonky meals here and there won't really harm anything. That and some Dulcolax or Sennacot :lol:

Fingers crossed it's just water weight!

We met a friend today and they wanted to eat at Ed's Diner which is a burger place. I swore I'd be good and have the burger without the bun and salad but somehow got convinced into having sweet potato fries and a milkshake. I feel sick now and know I'll deffo have carb flu by tomorrow. Bit of emotional eating as OH managed to scratch our 3 month old car today coming out of the work car park! The Car will live, and we can afford to get the paint touched up but he was so miserable and angry with himself it rubbed off on me. Poor friend, we probably were horrible company!

Oh well, time to take my own advice - Deep breath and move on. It's Christmas and a few wonky meals here and there won't really harm anything. That and some Dulcolax or Sennacot :lol:

Yep fingers crossed... will find out tomorrow at wi!! Lol... and luke u said deep breath and move on.. u have done so well and it is Christmas time so im sure most people are gonna have the odd meals here and ther... and god i thouvht it was just me who does that with dulcolax!!! Haha! I took 2 the night before i got back on diet and then i took 2 tonight as I'm not going tpilet regukar and dont want that to show on my weigh in... my friend keeps saying i shouldn't take them but hey ho! Let me know how ur getting on xxxx

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

Wasanifu i am so sorry just read the full post and seen what u said about ur car paint! oh no and not good when its literally new! But if u can afford it and huby is ok then thats better thn finding out its a write off! Lol... hope ur doing well x

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (weight 14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (weight 13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (weight 13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (weight 13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (weight 12.12)
week6 - lost 1lb (weight 12.11 had few days off due to infection)

Hi everyone

Hows everyone doing? Very quiet on here apart from me and wasanifu i think? Meems cstatty clareb and the rest of u... where r uuuuuu? Lol... had my weigh in today and even though i had few days off due to being ill i lost 1lb! So I'm chuffed with that as water weight has gone and a extra pound! Need to get 3lb off to hit 2stone but need to get 10lb off by xmas to exceed 2st and do 2 and half stones! Can't believe how quick time is going and really hoping i can do it this time!!! Keep me posted guys and good luck xx

start date 26.10.14
start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (weight 14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (weight 13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (weight 13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (weight 13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (weight 12.12)
week6 - lost 1lb (weight 12.11 had few days off due to infection)

Yes! Where is everyone? Even if you've cheated; come forward and confess with me! Today is a new day and all of that!

Great job MrsMya! So close to your 2 stone :D Does your consultant do anything special for the stones?

Thanks for the good wishes - the car is fine, £90 down the body shop and you'd never know it had happened at all. Worth it for my sanity really as he was so stressed out. I've survived my last Christmas event for a bit as well. We had the room party in work, Medium Chips, a small battered sausage, a cupcake and 2 chocolate biscuits. :break_diet: but that's it now until Friday 19th and the Big Works Do! 100% until then and the damage won't be too bad.

Saw a work friend on Wednesday who I've not seen for 10 months maybe as she's had a (gorgeous) little boy who noticed my weight loss immediate so that made me feel pretty awesome :)

Today is going to be a long day! :4635: We've got a poorly pet rat who we rushed to the vets last night for wheezing. I'm wondering if my scented candle (that I've used multiple time before with no bad effect) had bothered her... but the amazing vet gave us an intensive course of 3 antibiotics and loaned us his personal nebuliser (it creates steam and you use medicine in it) to see if that helps her at all. Only problem is it's every 12 hours so up at 5.30 am to give her the first dose!

Back