Buddies wanted. Starting Friday

Also u can see below i have chabged my target date to the 1st of march as thats a Sunday and i was thinking 28th feb is sunday! Xx

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb
need to lose 4stones 8lbs
hit target by 01.03.15(17 weeks)

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week6 - lost 1lb (12.11 had few days off due to infection)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)
week 9 - gain 8lb (13.0 xmas off and time of the month!)

Doing ok thanks. Lost 3 stone 10 Ibs since July. Sill have 2/3 stone to go though. Has been though but very much worth it

Doing ok thanks. Lost 3 stone 10 Ibs since July. Sill have 2/3 stone to go though. Has been though but very much worth it

Thats fantastic! Well done! I can't wait to get all that weight off... and yes its not the easiest of diets but definitely worth the toughness lol... are you doing ss or ss+? You deserve a big pat on the back! Its people like yourself that make me feel like wow u can do this.. nearly 4 stones off... thats brilliant... xx

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)

Hi everyone... How are you all doing? Craftylittlerat are u back home safe and sound? Melissa how are you getting on? Ok so i am in complete and utter shock! I have gained 8lb over xmas! My consultant said it could be water retention as well as all that rubbish and carbs that i had! So no dwelling now... 8 weeks solid no days off! Not even for valentines day! So hoping i can reach target in 8 weeks.. insha allah ( our term for god willing lol) So lets see what weight this sunday brings. .:confused: Hope u r all doing well and keep me posted... Good luck xx start weight 14st8lb target weight 10st0lb need to lose 4stones 8lbs hit target by 28.02.14(17 weeks) week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1) week2 - lost 3lb (13.12) week3 - lost 6lb (13.6) week4 - lost 5lb (13.1) week5 - lost 3lb (12.12) week6 - lost 1lb (12.11 had few days off due to infection) week7 - lost 3lb (12.8) week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6) week 9 - gain 8lb (13.0 xmas off and time of the month!)

Hi mrsmya how are you?
Im doing ok day 2 done lol I got weighed yesterday and another 3lb gain so 7lb in total over 2 weeks not as bad as I thought it would be considering I was eating like I did b4 starting the diet, so back on it this week and hopefully lose 7lb plus as won't be on the diet next week going to blackpool for 5 days but after that I don't have anymore planned treats or days off so straight back on to it as I want to lose as much as poss b4 the 20th of February.
Hope yore well x

Hi mrsmya! I bet that 8lbs is ALL water. I weighed at home this morning and had gained 6!

A true lb of weight is 3,500 calories. Now, we might have been eating badly but there's no way we could eat that badly to consume 28 000 calories.

I'm hoping all 6 of mine come off before I see my lady on Saturday!

I had a lovely time at mums, ate small portions and mostly the right bits and pieces. I left food on my plate, which pretty much never happens for me. I used a side plate for most meals and felt satisfied. I ate at least one product most days (usually my bar for breakfast) and passed up ham egg and chips one night to have a soup. I'm not a huge ham fan, don't like eggs and chips I can either take or leave so I left rather than have it for the sake of having it.

Back on it today; had a bit of picking (2 or 3 Christmas sweets that were left in the house and some cheese) but otherwise good. Went to the new Gym in town as well today - £11 a month which is really reasonable. Did some treadmill walking, rowing machine and a few goes on the weight machines. Need to get an e-book downloaded to my phone and find my headphones as well for next time as well as make a rough plan of what I'm going to do each session with the machines.

Hi mrsmya how are you?
Im doing ok day 2 done lol I got weighed yesterday and another 3lb gain so 7lb in total over 2 weeks not as bad as I thought it would be considering I was eating like I did b4 starting the diet, so back on it this week and hopefully lose 7lb plus as won't be on the diet next week going to blackpool for 5 days but after that I don't have anymore planned treats or days off so straight back on to it as I want to lose as much as poss b4 the 20th of February.
Hope yore well x

Hey Melissa... im fine really got a banging headache today! Just feel like eating eating and eating! When is this feeling going to go away!
7lb for 2 weeks is not bad at all! Im sure i would have defo hit over a stone in 2 weeks eeeek! Hope u have a fantatstic time in blackpool and yes im sure u will get back on track after 5 days off as u have been off 2 weeks and ur doing fine.. plus im sure all that water weight will come before u leave for blackpool so that will be good.
My goal is to be at target of 10st by 1.3.15! Right now i feel so rubbish that i can't imagine getting thru the evening never mind 8 or 9 weeks!
Ok so rant over... good luck with cwp and defo with ur weigh in.. keep us posted xx

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)

Hi mrsmya! I bet that 8lbs is ALL water. I weighed at home this morning and had gained 6!

A true lb of weight is 3,500 calories. Now, we might have been eating badly but there's no way we could eat that badly to consume 28 000 calories.

I'm hoping all 6 of mine come off before I see my lady on Saturday!

I had a lovely time at mums, ate small portions and mostly the right bits and pieces. I left food on my plate, which pretty much never happens for me. I used a side plate for most meals and felt satisfied. I ate at least one product most days (usually my bar for breakfast) and passed up ham egg and chips one night to have a soup. I'm not a huge ham fan, don't like eggs and chips I can either take or leave so I left rather than have it for the sake of having it.

Back on it today; had a bit of picking (2 or 3 Christmas sweets that were left in the house and some cheese) but otherwise good. Went to the new Gym in town as well today - £11 a month which is really reasonable. Did some treadmill walking, rowing machine and a few goes on the weight machines. Need to get an e-book downloaded to my phone and find my headphones as well for next time as well as make a rough plan of what I'm going to do each session with the machines.

Hey craftylittlerat... nice to know ur back safe and sound and back on minimins woopwoop!
6lbs isnt bad at all and you had more days off thn me! So i clearly was not looking for a side plate and definitely was not saying no lol!! Im hoping it is all water weight and ita off for sunday weigh in.
As u have probably read above in my reply to melissa i am seriously struggling! I feel like i just want ti eat and feel down with a headache!
Now food is always around me as i cook fresh curry and rice everyday for huby and food for my daughter. But for some reason getting back on it after the xmas break is becoming extremely difficult. I dont know how i did 6 weeks up until i got ill without cheating! ?
Anyways 2nd rant of the day over! I hope i behave and focus as i don't have long to go if i stick to it 100% but if i mess up then god knows how long il be on cwp!!
Gym price is brilliant! We have just had a sportsdirectgym open yesterday and its a fiver per month or 8 pounds permonth including all classes! But i didnt join as consultant said i need to wait until im at target before i start to exercise? Are you on ss and exercising?
Good luck for saturday and any words of wisdom or a kick up my ass is welcome!

Xx

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)

Hi mrsmya,

I'm sure ul be fine what day are you on? I feel for those of u who have to cook for families I don't have to which makes it easier but I find when I'm on this diet I want to cook even if I'm not eating it lol.

This is the end of day 3 I done my ketostick when I got up at 5am and I'm in ketosis but strangely I'm not having a hard time at all this time round on the diet it's weird I feel like I'm just getting it done you know. Mayby I'm in the right frame of mind this time or mayby it's bcos I know il be eating all next week lol
Try green tea if u havnt already it fills a hole and it's good for you. If u are really struggling then have some protein to keep you going it's better eating something good for you than struggling thru then bingeing on crap that will make u feel bad whatever makes u stay on the diet, do it, as a bit of scrambled egg or a peice of chick with lettuce won't scupper ur weight loss xx

Good luck and keep posting xx

Hi mrsmya,

I'm sure ul be fine what day are you on? I feel for those of u who have to cook for families I don't have to which makes it easier but I find when I'm on this diet I want to cook even if I'm not eating it lol.

This is the end of day 3 I done my ketostick when I got up at 5am and I'm in ketosis but strangely I'm not having a hard time at all this time round on the diet it's weird I feel like I'm just getting it done you know. Mayby I'm in the right frame of mind this time or mayby it's bcos I know il be eating all next week lol
Try green tea if u havnt already it fills a hole and it's good for you. If u are really struggling then have some protein to keep you going it's better eating something good for you than struggling thru then bingeing on crap that will make u feel bad whatever makes u stay on the diet, do it, as a bit of scrambled egg or a peice of chick with lettuce won't scupper ur weight loss xx

Good luck and keep posting xx

Heyyyy

So i got back on last week but still had 8lb showing of gain at my weigh in but consultant said it could also be due to water retention as it was time of the month.
I feel like im going thru the ketosis crap! I should already be in ketosis.... so i have been having fresh lemon in my water and have been told by a friend who did cwp 2 years ago that the lemon can kick people out of it!
So i have totally stopped the lemon from today!
Its nice to hear ur not struggling and ur finding it easier this time round. Maybe your right bcoz being in the right frame of mind really makes a difference. I hope u see it thru and get to target and maintenance and lol im sure knowing u hav 5 days off is helping just a tiny littlr bit hehe...
I was having green tea before but recently i was getting heartburn after it!? So might try it again and hope its ok.
I think thats the best advice I've had about having protein rather than totally giving up... so thanks hun... i think if tomorrow is anything like today then yes il have egg or some chicken. Really appreciate any reply and any advice as it helps so much on this plan. You also keep me posted. . So when's ur weigh in and what day do u go blackpool? Xx

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)

Hi mrsmya

I get weighed on Sunday morning then off to blackpool on Monday I'm looking forward to it as it will help me keep on track for the following 5 weeks.

My 1st 4 weeks after I got weighed on the Sunday I would have a tuna/chicken and veg stirfry it helped me thru the week knowing I can get something to eat on the 7th day and not knock myself out of ketosis as it was basically a step 2 meal so that is what helped this time. When I done this diet b4 I would do the same have a treat after weigh in but then it was a pizza and chips or something really heavy like that and it would kick me out of ketosis and make me feel like crap and knocking me back 3-4 days a week on the diet but I've learned from my mistakes and just passing on my experience to other people cos I know how hard it can be xx
Just coming on here will help you xx

Hi MrsMya

Don't feel alone; I'm also really struggling to get back into the swing of it. I'm being better than I would be totally off diet, but I need to get my head in the game. I think once all of the nice things have gone it'll be easier. I'm having the odd bit of cheese more than the chocolates though but still I should CUT IT OUT! I'm hoping that I'm keeping my carbs low enough to go into ketosis and when I'm fully in (today is day 3, so maybe by day 5?) It'll be easier to avoid the picking. I'm probably kidding myself though!

I went to the Gym again today. Did 30 mins of walking on the treadmill, a few mins on the exercise bike (still hate it, so boring!) and a few on the rower and then some strength training. Going to try to go again tomorrow - get 3 sessions in a week.

Sneaky weigh in this morning and I'm down to 16 stone - I started back at 16 - 3 so it's heading down! Hopefully will show that I've not gained too much on the official weigh in on Saturday.

I'm having horrid side effects this time round! Put it this way, I'm not needing my dulcolax - urgh!

Hi MrsMya

Don't feel alone; I'm also really struggling to get back into the swing of it. I'm being better than I would be totally off diet, but I need to get my head in the game. I think once all of the nice things have gone it'll be easier. I'm having the odd bit of cheese more than the chocolates though but still I should CUT IT OUT! I'm hoping that I'm keeping my carbs low enough to go into ketosis and when I'm fully in (today is day 3, so maybe by day 5?) It'll be easier to avoid the picking. I'm probably kidding myself though!

I went to the Gym again today. Did 30 mins of walking on the treadmill, a few mins on the exercise bike (still hate it, so boring!) and a few on the rower and then some strength training. Going to try to go again tomorrow - get 3 sessions in a week.

Sneaky weigh in this morning and I'm down to 16 stone - I started back at 16 - 3 so it's heading down! Hopefully will show that I've not gained too much on the official weigh in on Saturday.

I'm having horrid side effects this time round! Put it this way, I'm not needing my dulcolax - urgh!

Heyyyy... so sorry guys haven't been on in few days i think? That rubbish feeling and headaches like no tomorrow! Plus my little one is so ill with chest and ear infection been up all night for 3 nights! So wanting to scream as i was starving as well as tired! Last few days i have been having boiled egg or omelette with some onion and chilli and some grilled chicken just so i dont totally derail!

I know whst u mean about all the food being around and picking.. tbh i havent been picking just been crying eeekkk! But hey ho im just cracking on and hoping its gonna get better.

I think if u do the low carb meal and gradually get back on it will be better coz i think its helped me as i just wanted to quit the other night and huby did me the omelette and it really helped.

My scales have only moved a couple og pounds so im just hoping sunday my gain is gone at least if that!

I do havr swelling on my feet and think it could be water retention? Not sure and also constipation is just not going away! Going through dulcolax like water! Your lucky lol u had the opposite as my belly is just so hard right now!

I'm just gonna be good and think 8 to 12 weeks is not long so I've done half and im sure i can manage it n if i really need to i can have something feom ss+ meal..

When is ur weigh in and how r u feeling now? Any better? Has rhe picking stopped lol and how's the gym going? Xx

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)

Hi mrsmya

I get weighed on Sunday morning then off to blackpool on Monday I'm looking forward to it as it will help me keep on track for the following 5 weeks.

My 1st 4 weeks after I got weighed on the Sunday I would have a tuna/chicken and veg stirfry it helped me thru the week knowing I can get something to eat on the 7th day and not knock myself out of ketosis as it was basically a step 2 meal so that is what helped this time. When I done this diet b4 I would do the same have a treat after weigh in but then it was a pizza and chips or something really heavy like that and it would kick me out of ketosis and make me feel like crap and knocking me back 3-4 days a week on the diet but I've learned from my mistakes and just passing on my experience to other people cos I know how hard it can be xx
Just coming on here will help you xx

Good luck with ur weigh in Melissa and hope u have a fab time.. yes i took ur advice and had boiled egg omelette or grilled chicken and it really really helped me get thru the last few days as i was so close to giving up! So thank you so much and im sorry i couldn't reply any earlier just been so down and my daughter has chest and ear infection so sleepless nights and hunger has left me in tears! ( like actual tears haha) but yes cracking on and just focusing on the bigger picture and beed to just think ive done 8 weeks so 8 or 9 or 10 more on ss i can manage i just need to get back into it.

Anyhow let us know how ur getting on and ur weigh in results.. spk soon x

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)

It was my first weigh in after Christmas and I gained 2lbs! I'm well chuffed with just gaining that, seeing as meals out and the like started at the end of November and carried on all through the month.

Onwards and downwards now though!

Picking has got a bit better and I bought a new shaker so I can take a shake with me before the Gym which is when I feel really ravenous and want to eat everything in sight.

Oh believe me I'd rather be constipated a million times over this having to dash to the loo every 5 minutes for fear of pooing myself lol! Urgh, this diet can be revolting at times lol

Hey craftylittlerat!

2lb wow! Good on you! Thats fab in comparison to what i gained in few days! I went for weigh in today and only lost 3lbs taking me down to 12.11 so im hoping next week will be a better loss as she said it is mainly to do with my constipation!

Im feeling much better now after those long hard and tiring few days... yes the shaker is fantastic i use it all the time... i also got 7 veg soups today to try something different as 21 choc mints is really really starting to make me sick as im so bored of that same taste!

How r u getting? Any plans or days off planned? Xx

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)

Hey Melissa

How did your weigh in go? Hope it went well... have a fab time away and enjoy.. safe journey xx

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)
week 10 - loss 3lbs (12.11)

Hey Melissa

How did your weigh in go? Hope it went well... have a fab time away and enjoy.. safe journey xx

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)

hi mrsmya

how you doing? well im sooo pleased I lost a whopping 11lbs I cant believe it I was expecting 8 or 9 at the most but 11 no way I was jumping up and down at my consultants lol so that's me rid of my 7lb gain and an extra 4 off but obviously gonna have a gain this week as taking the whole week off but im prepared for it.

hope your ok and don't worry 3lb loss is still good at least its going in the right direction keep having the low carb stuff until u feel ready for ss again

take care xx

craftylittlerat how are you doing I think everyone who was on the diet before xmas period and came off for a bit is struggling getting back in to it but you will get there xx

Hi All

I am new to minimins today looking for buddies going through the same things, emotionally especially! I started the Cambridge diet in October and have lost 4 stone up untill Christmas where i hade 2 weeks off, during that time i only put on 3lb which i was amazed at considering i ate everything in site and did not deny myself one thing. been back on the diet this week, as i have ALOT to loose still, trying to be extra good with water and been for a 30 min walk nearly every night. Then for no reason tonight i wanted a dominos....so i ordered one. now i feel awful. i feel like i have ruined the whole week and weigh in tomorrow. even though i want to loose weight more than i want pizza i had mo self control, and makes me question my ability to do this.

But hi all :)

3lbs is awsome Mya! and 11lbs Melissa! That's amazing :D

I have a meal on Thursday for my boss' leaving do. Hunters Chicken and Salad was the healthiest thing on the menu! Then my next planned off day is the 6th February - my OH's birthday. He wants to go to Miller and Carter Steakhouse, so that's nice and easy with a steak and salad I suppose. There might be a meal out on the 15th as well as we're off to a concert and I get to see a friend I've not seen for ages, but as she's a veggie I'm sure if we eat it will be healthy!

Anything planned for you guys?

Kirsty - We've all slipped up like that before.. mine tends to be the night after weigh in though! I know I have huge demons to face, mainly with Emotional eating. Even when everything feels good I eat because I'm scared of what will happen when I get to goal weight, I doubt that I can get there that sort of thing. Then I binge, which reinforces the cycle that I can't do it, I'm not good enough. No matter how good I've been in the past 1 slip is enough, and then I feel awful and I want to eat more, which makes me feel bad and it's a shame spiral for me.

I think everyone, especially those who have lots to loose (I want to loose between 5 to 8 stone not sure yet, 2.5 stone gone though!) have mental issues surrounding our weight.

Personally I'm going to pay to see a psychologist when I'm done, I'd pay now if I could afford it but driving lessons AND Cambridge are too much. You might have better luck with the NHS then we do around here - 8 month waiting list for any sort of talking therapy and the volunteer service is backed up a similar amount.

For now I'm reading End Emotional Eating by Jennifer L Taitz and when I'm done I think I'll get the Paul Mckenna one to see what that's like too.

I'm trying, really really trying this year to be KIND to myself. Not give myself an unending permission sheet to eat what I want BUT acknowledge that sometimes I will slip up. If I realise during then to stop, If I realise after then to try and work out what to do to stop it in the future.

If I had a bad day at work, I don't and wouldn't say "That's it, I quit. I'm not going there ever again!" I try and dust myself off and go back and try and try again. I'm trying to take this same attitude with the diet. Breathe and move on.

Speaking of which I'm taking my own advice. It's that time of the month, self made stress and anxiety at work (I'm going for a temporary promotion, application was emailed in today, might go to interview we shall see.) and I feel like I've eaten awfully today. Bar for breakfast, mid morning skimmed latte, Soup for lunch, Shake for tea. Then 180g of Prawns (okay so SS+ suitable I suppose) a handful of celebrations and a small chunk of cheese!

Sweets are nearly gone though, but tomorrow I'm having Porridge, Soup, Shake before Gym and then Soup again if I'm hungry. After that I'm going to bed! Need to get at least a few good days under my belt. *sigh* KINDNESS and FORGIVENESS

hi mrsmya

how you doing? well im sooo pleased I lost a whopping 11lbs I cant believe it I was expecting 8 or 9 at the most but 11 no way I was jumping up and down at my consultants lol so that's me rid of my 7lb gain and an extra 4 off but obviously gonna have a gain this week as taking the whole week off but im prepared for it.

hope your ok and don't worry 3lb loss is still good at least its going in the right direction keep having the low carb stuff until u feel ready for ss again

take care xx

craftylittlerat how are you doing I think everyone who was on the diet before xmas period and came off for a bit is struggling getting back in to it but you will get there xx

Hey Melissa

How r u? Hope ur having fun.. just a quick msg to say well freakin done! 11lbs thats amazing... im sure u will do it again after ur days off so enjoyyy xxx

start weight 14st8lb
target weight 10st0lb

week1 - lost 7lbs (14.1)
week2 - lost 3lb (13.12)
week3 - lost 6lb (13.6)
week4 - lost 5lb (13.1)
week5 - lost 3lb (12.12)
week7 - lost 3lb (12.8)
week 8 - lost 2lb (12.6)

Back