Bump club chat thread! All welcome!

I have just discovered my first ever pregnancy stretchmark! In my third pregnancy! I thought after two babies, including a 10 1/2 lbs one, I was in the clear - surely my skin must have been as stretched as it would possibly need to get (I mean, it was still all wrinkly over my tummy from where it had stretched!)

Sob! :cry:

Hi All

Congratulations Sarah:)

I think my scales must be broken as I haven't gained a lb since 20wks...I am now 29wks!! Obviously I am not complaining, but it is strange.

Hope everyone is well xx

well done red mell on staying the same , wish i could say the same :eek:
the good intentions are definately there !!
and abz well done on youre losses thats amazing , im trying to stick with the sw concept but im sooo weak willed at the mo , its messing with my head , my bump is big for 16+6 and people are asking am i sure theres only 1 , oooooo why do people think thats ok ?????? lol rant over :0)
at least i look pg this time with my 5 year old i was really big before getting pg so just looked fatter for most of the 30 weeks \:)
well , i just need to sort my act out :0) at least im still running and using the cross trainer x hopefully ill do better this week , wish me luck ladies :0)

Thanks redmel :)

Ladies, did anyone suffer with trouble sleeping at the start of their pregnancy? I've had about 10 days straight with not a decent nights sleep (I know, it's good practice!). I used to sleep for about 7 hours straight, but for example last night, awake at 2am, then tossed and turned, wide awake and overheating at 5.30am, finally fell asleep a bit and just had to force myself to get up as I had to start work! Roll on the weekend!

Ha Sarah I have the opposite problem. Sleeping too much and not being able to get up! Your overheating and Im absolutely freezing!

Im loosely following ww at the moment. I know Im not to be counting etc but it just keeps me on an even keel. I ate like a horse yesterday and it showed on the scales so just trying to be a bit more careful now.

Im really really queasy but havent been actually sick. Anyone else having weird dreams?

dream were sooo vivid in the begining , settling down now but some days i still have some corkers :0)

I managed almost 6 hours last night so feeling a bit more refreshed today :) I think it was just because I'd slightly altered my sleeping position to account for the sore BBs, and that threw me off!

unfortunately hon sleepless nights are all part and parcel. i have been a zombie for months, ha. although now i've been signed off sick for my pelvis i am learning how to fall asleep again, ha. once you get used to sleeping on your sides you will sleep better. i used to sleep on my front so was uncomfortable to begin with...

abz xx

Bless you Sarah! I haven't slept properly since October and I can't see it changing anytime soon :rolleyes:

hi

hi there
im 18 weeks pg today, i know i have put put weight already .. dread to get on the scales!
i have a busy weekend with a barbecue and christening, but plan to dig out my SW book and magazines and try and follow it as much as i can !
i think im about 13.7lbs, so really worrying about going over 14st or more, do you think it would be possible to keep under 14st if i lost a little each week as baby grew .. how know how it will work, have read about static weight, is this the idea
will post my weight on monday, and do my own weigh in every week

well most people lose around a stone in the week after giving birth with the weight of the baby and the fluid and the extra blood you have in you etc. so if you keep your weight static throughout pregnancy you will effectively lose about a stone when you give birth in theory...

sw has been working really well for me the last couple of weeks (had my first gain this week. baby must be doing some gaining as i've been sterling) but i really do recommend it. the only thing that can be difficult is expecting a loss but not necessarily getting one even if you follow it.

abz xx

Glad, in part, to know my sleeplessness is fairly normal! Once I get used to it I'll be fine. I'm lucky to be in the position that I can just work around any naps I need :) thanks ladies!

Abz, I'm sure the gain is all baby! :D You are doing so well. I am craving carbs all the time, not the SW friendly ones either, just can't help it! :break_diet:

Mind you, I lost 1 1/2 stone within a week of having my babies (both were big babies, which helps, lol) and lost a total of 3 1/2 stone in 3 months with my last. I try to remind myself of this when I see the numbers on the scale creep up!

I was a bit alarmed at the rate at which I seem to have been putting on weight recently, so I got my measuring tape out yesterday to find out where it is all going. Was pleasantly surprised to find that althought I have put on about half a stone in the last 6 weeks, I have lost a little bit (about 1/4 inch each) around my thighs and arms, stayed the same around my hips/bottom and around the chest (braline) but gained 3 inches around the waist and 4 inches on my boobs! I don't mind carrying the weight in those places, seem justifiably baby related, lol!

Feeling quite well these days, hips are ok too. I think the moderate, spaced out exercise is helping. I go for a 1 mile leisurely walk every lunchbreak, which helps get mobility back after 4-5 hours of sitting still, and I try to take the kids to the park or something in the evening when I get back. Managed a decent gym session last week and have also been staying active with lots of hardcore gardening, including ripping up old fence panels. :) I just hope I can keep the SPD in check for a while longer, I can feel it creeping in but it is still manageable.

I have a 1 hour scan next week as I volunteered as a test rabbit for sonographers in training! Looking forward to seeing the bubba again!!! I am hoping they will give me a weight estimate too.

Hi, how are you all????????

I've got my scan tomorrow!! :D Then meeting up with a baby group friend from my last baby for coffee in the afternoon, and spending time with the kids. Great way to spend a day off work if you ask me! :D

All good here! Booked for my first scan on 1st June. Feels like ages away! Hope your scan goes well today Emma :)

Scan today went well - all ok with baby - but they wanted to scan me for one hour and since I had to lie on my back for so long I nearly passed out twice! The first time I just got dizzy and out of breath, so they sat me up for a while. But the second time my ears popped (like on a plane), I started sweating and felt really ill. It was quite scary, but at least I had three doctors/consultants around me! I will make sure I listen to the "do not lie on your back" advice from now on!

Glad all is good with bubs, hope you feel better soon. I can't lie on my back for more than a few mins, my eyes go really funny and I get a fuzzy head but I find turning even slightly onto my side helps x

Hi all! How are you getting on?

I seem to be growing by the minute, every morning when I wake up I look half an inch wider. It is showing on the scales too, unfortunately, so I am trying to reel in my eating a little. I have given up on SW - it is just not me. I have this amazing capacity for eating plenty of food, so even if it is healthy stuff, I end up overeating as I pile my plate high. And then I seemed to be doing SW until about 7pm, and then eat whatever I liked (normally all the 'bad' stuff) so there was not much point really. So now I am just trying to keep my portions sensible, eat healthy stuff, and have a few treats but not too many. We'll see how it goes.

I did WW about 7 years ago, and I managed to put weight on whilst I did it, so perhaps these programmes are just not meant for me. I know a fair deal about nutrition, love cooking and love healthy food (and chocolate and ice-cream too, lol) so every time when I have lost weight in the past it has been with healthy eating and exercise, just following my instincts but passing on a few of the extra treats.

I am nearly in the third trimester now!! This pregnancy has really flown by! It still seems unreal that I will have a little baby here again in not too long!

Hmmm yep Emma, i think thats exactly whats stopping me signing up for SW i would be the exactly the same then beat myself up (not literally) if i dont stick to it:rolleyes:

i have a toddler free day today so i think im going to go swimming. not that i cant go swimming when im with her, just easier on my own:)

must tame these expanding hips!

Back