Business lunch - help required!!

Hi all,

On Wednesday the director of the company I work for and myself have been invited by a client, whom I manage his portfolio, for lunch.

So my problem is that we are going to a fish restaurant and I dont want to seem picky and rude cos I am going to have to order a green salad without any dressing or salt, fish without salt and Im dreading it!

Over here in Cyprus at a fish restaurant a big fish is usually ordered with various dips and salads. Im so scared of f*****g up directly or indirectly :confused:

Any words of advice? :confused:

I would say, no carbs. Very small portion of protein (fish) water not booze nothing sweet....... And exercise after and get right back on it!! That's what I'd do!!! Poor you!! Good luck!!!! X

I really don't see any problem here - a reasonable portion of fish will not be a diet blowout or kick you out of ketosis. Avoid carby sides like rice, potatoes, etc. As for salad, I don't think it would be strange to order dressing "on the side" and then just not use it, and as for the salt, it's probably unavoidable here but I wouldn't sweat it too much. If it does make you retain water for a day or two it'll flush right back out if you chug lots of water and it will in no way affect your overall weight loss. So go and enjoy and then just slip right back into ss afterward! :)

I agree. As long as you avoid heavy type carbs like bread and rice and stick to the protein like fish you should be fine. Not that I'm an expert or anything!! And can't see the harm of a bit of low calorie type dressing after all you are out to lunch. And salad should be fine for one meal.

Your boss sounds very supportive of you, which I think is fantastic! My boss (on my first day on CD) bought a chip shop dinner and ate it in front of me - the office smelt so good but I was so mad! LOL!

I don't think fish and salad will be a problem. Good luck hun :) x

Your boss sounds amazing!! What a great bloke! He wants you to do well, just like all of us!

My boss has cake fridays and says he doesnt trust any one who doesnt eat cake. My whole department are pigs. I even thought this when I wasnt dieting- There is ALWAYS someone eating crap somewhere.

Let us know how you get on.....xxx

Your boss sounds lovely, I have found it so hard to find people supportive at work! They always tell me Im starving myself, or ill put on weight, or its not healthy, not matter how often I try to explain...

Im allergic to fish so that would be my excuse! haha Maybe you can borrow it and just go for salad!?

Your boss sounds amazing!! What a great bloke! He wants you to do well, just like all of us!

My boss has cake fridays and says he doesnt trust any one who doesnt eat cake. My whole department are pigs. I even thought this when I wasnt dieting- There is ALWAYS someone eating crap somewhere.

Let us know how you get on.....xxx

Cake fridays? Thats nice and helpful for you!:p

Your boss sounds lovely, I have found it so hard to find people supportive at work! They always tell me Im starving myself, or ill put on weight, or its not healthy, not matter how often I try to explain...

Im allergic to fish so that would be my excuse! haha Maybe you can borrow it and just go for salad!?

Yeah that is an idea, hmmm. I love fish though, hmm at least I would be in full control:)

Yeah helpful! So helpful I fell of the wagon!! All good tho! Thank god it wasn't a cake!!!!!!!!!!!!

When is your lunch? X

It was today!

It went ok, had some nice grilled sea bream and we requested a green salad.

My boss asked for the fish to have nothing on it too.

I think the salad was very lightly seasoned with a little olive oil, which isnt allowed :sigh: but I think all in all it was ok.

I had Perrier in a wine glass too so I didnt feel left out when the other 2 were drinking wine.

Oh well this is Cyprus, olive oil is available in abundance and everywhere.

I dont think and hope it wont do any damage!

I think you have done fabulously well!!! What a wonder woman! You need a cape!!!! Xx

Not if you carry on like this!!! Xx

Back