Step 1 Sole Source By July I must be at Target!

Julychic

Yup, I'm born in July. And this July I must be liberated from the fat shackles holding me back both literally and figuratively heheheh.

And Cambridge Weight Plan must get me there! In today's world of so many diets, programs, lifestyles and fads too, one must simply make up ones mind and stick to whatever works till target is reached. I tried low carb, no luck, keto - I simply blew back up - and here I am back at CWP as this seems to be the only diet where I actually witness significant downward scale movements...which I can't wait to experience yet again.

I've been to my consultant, and I've armed myself with trusty favorites - maple porridge and chocolate shakes and I'm already on day 5. Technically back to day 1 as I just cheated...but who knows? I may still see some losses this Saturday weigh in...let's do this!!!

I guess somehow knowing I will be back here to pen a few words down or shall I say key in a few words :D is keeping me accountable...somewhat...

So, I scaled through the day unscathed with pitfalls and mines of soda, junk food and popcorn artfully dodged; only to get home and the hubster has his arms full of piping hot baked goodies fresh from the bakery!!! Carbssss!!! I guess it was either I hurt his feelings or mine. No prizes for guessing who won out:rolleyes:....sorry hubster, but I have to be strong. Will make it up to you somehow!!! But sheesh, a girl can only have so much strength. And the holidays ain't over yet!!!:eek:. The fact that he was munching on a drumstick while eager to offload the carbs on we unsuspecting ex-carbaholics wasn't lost on me though; and that more likely made me strengthen my resolve to keep to the program heheheh. I could cave for a protein - but I definitely would not cave for carbs even on the best of days. Saboteur alert!!!:p :p

Weigh in tomorrow; let's hope I've moved the scale number south!

I'm pre-diabetic, so I have a long love-hate relationship with food generally, with even proteins spiking my blood sugar ginormously. Hence the reason I resort to cambridge for weight loss. Keto and Low carb are already a way of life for me and don't do much for me in the way of weight loss. Weight maintenance - yes to an extent, but go crazy on the proteins and I get high numbers; go crazy on the fats and I gain weight, sucky, right?

Life could be much worse :D:D:D

Meal roll-call!!!

In the morning I had a chilled mango shake post work-out. Not too fantastic; almost puked...but remembered the benjamins, frankly;) and simply bore it and chugged every last foul bit of it down:(. Had a chocolate mint shake 4 hours later with ice cold water, yummmm:very_drunk:, phew! Meanwhile, I made a Toffee walnut mousse mix with summer berry-water flavor-laced-Jello jammed in between layers of it like a fancy little truffle. Still licking my lips at the dessert of it all:greenapple:...and as I am a 5ft 10 diva with extra shake priviledges attached to my menu :p I hereby ended it all just a few minutes ago with a hot 'chocolate shake a la decaf nescafe'. Nightie-night guys!!! Oh, and lotsa water...groan....gonna be a loooong night, #sigh:sick0019:

Good luck with weigh-in tomorrow Julychic!

Thank you Mini!!! And I've just done it and I'm 96.5kg. That's a 3.4kg drop in just 1 week!!!

That's why Cambridge always slays . Results are always guaranteed. I'm motivated!!!

Off to get my maple and pecan porridge down the hatch; let's start working on another 1.5kg thereabouts by next weigh-in!!!
"Baby dance"

Okieeeessss!!! So last night for some reason I was quite hungry. So I had to have an extra meal. I chose the Mac and Cheese and it was delicious. This morning I have had a spaghetti Bolognese. And because it's Easter and I like to keep things real with myself (yeah, justify and console yourself :p) I added some tuna in brine and a boiled egg to said spaghetti bolognaise. And now I'm full and ready to face the goodies and temptations bound to come my way inevitably with my nose in the air heheheheh. I've mixed some summer berry with water and mix a mousse with a drop of pink food coloring and its chilling in the fridge for dessert later with the kids when it's formed wibbly wobbly jelly; and I'm gonna blend a vanilla shake with ice cubes on top speed to get ice-cream which shall be lunch. Let's hope all this planning ahead will end in a full step 2 day with no hidden pitfalls that have not been mitigated by all my risk analysis heheheheheheheheheh.

Will check in later in the day; meanwhile have a happy Easter!!!

Checking in!!! It's been going fine and I'm settling into a routine of sorts. I'm not doing so well with water and though and it's getting hard to drink up to 2 liters daily, but with the water flavoring I'm just barely making 2.5 per day. I'm trying to aim for at least 4 liters, so let's see how that goes.

Good to hear you are still on plan Julychic:)

As regards water intake...according to Cambridge 2.5 litres is the recommendation.

Here is a reply below to this query...it is from an old thread but the information is still the same.

https://www.minimins.com/threads/water-consumption-please-read.53190/

I asked my CDC to send the following question to Cambridge on my behalf. Underneath is their reply.

Question:- "I am aware CD recommend a minimum of 4 pints of water per day. I see on various forums many CDCs advocating 4 - 6 litres or more per day. Do Cambridge endorse this? As CDCs are actively suggesting this quantity, saying "The more you drink the more you shrink" is there any scientific proof that this is beneficial?"

Reply:-
"As far as the water is concerned, we have no connection with that
phrase, as I am sure you are aware, the forum chat is not endorsed by
the company.
We recommend a minimum of two and a half litres daily, when using any
programme, particularly sole source.
However, once established on the diet, it is perfectly acceptable to
consume three to four litres daily.
Some people, particularly those who were drinking large amounts before
dieting, can drink more than that without any problems.
Everyone's requirement is different.
The thing to remember is to drink the water regularly throughout the
day.
It is not a good idea to go for long periods of the day without
drinking, and then consume large amounts"

Thank you Mini; that's certainly reassuring. I glad to know I'm on point then. Yippee!!!:stickdance:

So I'm in my trusty ole size 14's woot woot!!! I was on the verge of getting 16's actually, but have been resisting with all my might :D I managed with size 14 wide leg pants for the past few months and now I'm back in my 14 regulars!!! Just barely 2 weeks in hahahaha.

I ask myself what's different this time - it's not my first restart but it seems to be the real deal this time. The one major change I can put my finger on is aspartame. I've swapped it for stevia; and even at that I hardly use stevia only once a day or every other day with a few drops in black coffee; could that be the reason for the improvement? I've also ditched the diet soda which is a major achievement for me; couldn't get through without at least one can of coke zero in a day. I only had one on Easter and that's all!!! hmmmm.

Good times! Nothing more inspirational than fitting back into cool clothes :cool: :woohoo:

Feeling skinny today.:D. Wearing a long forgotten top that I had abandoned long ago coz it hugged in all the wrong places and it's really looking nice. These non scale victories rock!!! I'm almost dreading weigh in tomorrow; huge first week losses are awesome but the trickles of the subsequent weeks could be depressing and these days one gets depressed easily :(. Anywaysss that's why I have a diary - to rant!!! Rant Rant Rant away.:D Off to constitute my Mocha -a -la Cambridge chocolate shake; yum (plunger, ground coffee, chocolate shake, blender bottle hot water and a bad attitude:cool:)

Regardless of what the scales might say tomorrow you know you are getting smaller week by week.

Just 1 measly pound!!!.:eek: After all that hard work!!! I'm rolling on the floor laughing hysterically at the moment :rolleyes:

It's perfectly normal to have a week with lower than expected weight loss...if you are sticking with it...you will probably see a bigger weight loss next week.

Don't let this weeks weight loss get you down...remember you got into your size 14 trousers this week!

Yes I ageee; eye on the ball! Let's enter week three with high resolve. I got this far so I will get there eventually. Thanks for the encouragement :)

Mmmm, the lovely feel of plunging a mug of ground roasted coffee beans...the aroma...and the anticipation of drinking it alongside my morning shake. :D.

So I have resolved to keep at this; I have reflected and brooded and come to the conclusion that as long as I know I can change something, I am the kind of person that will not rest until I achieve it. So what's left is just to suck it up and do this and stop wasting any more time. I have also decided to hold on to the positive thoughts - thoughts that make me appreciate setting small realistic targets; thoughts that make me want to achieve said small targets; thoughts that make me appreciate meeting any bit of the said target even if not fully - and thoughts that see me celebrating the present; fully aware that now is gold, yesterday is past and tomorrow's future is in my hands. Also, my now is sexy and rocky in its own right if I may say so myself, even at the prime size 14 of life it is; so I'm flaunting all 5ft 10 of it and getting and gobbling up greedily all the lovely side glances and compliments :cool:. Let's not allow the impatience of future anticipations erode the joy of today's achievements. I mean, one must be in a perpetual good mood to stick to the Cambridge weight plan in any case, don't you think?

Mmmm, this coffee a la mango shake sure does taste good! Cheers!!!;)

Enjoyed reading your thread and well done for sticking with it! It's not the easier plan to stick to (afraid I'm a veteran at vlcd and I'm back to try again!) but no diet plan or even maintenance plans are.....at least in my experience! Look forward to following your progress to succes for you birthday:)

Thank you Kira; your encouragement is just what I need this morning :).

I just had a maple and pecan porridge and it tasted awesome; yes it hasn't changed much from the last time I had it which was yesterday evening:rolleyes:...but for some reason I'm in a much better mood today hahaha. And by implication, everything seems to taste better. :p I believe in positive thinking. I believe that when you put your mind into something you stand a much better chance of achieving the thing rather than just winging it and hoping things eventually fall into place. So if in other aspects of my life I usually don mental armor of determination to move mountains, then tell me why I shouldn't adopt the same mindset to an activity such as this one? It must mean a lot to me, otherwise why else would I invest executive man hours that someone somewhere is paying top dollar for to type random rants on minimins....

Ok, I rant, and I digress....:p I am in a good mood today. I will be in a good mood throughout today. And I will achieve 100% success on the plan today. Who's with me!!!
:woohoo:

Back