Step 1 Sole Source By July I must be at Target!

Well your positivity is infectious! Well certainly for me having read your post! I agree that half the battle is a positive mental attitude. Hope you sail through the day with ease!

Well your positivity is infectious! Well certainly for me having read your post! I agree that half the battle is a positive mental attitude. Hope you sail through the day with ease!

Awww thanks Kira; and I hope you also kept to the plan as well. How has it been for you so far? Are you getting close to target? :D

As you rightly said, a VLCD is not the easiest of diets to contemplate let alone actually do for any period of time. So we're superstars in our own right!:cool:

Woo hoo!!! :stickdance:

Meal roll call for today:

(yawn!!!)

Mango shake :grumble:
Maple and Pecan porridge :rolleyes:
Cranberry bar:greenapple:
Spagetti Bolognese :0icanfly:

Little update: Clothes are beginning to fit better; and the hubster did make an unsolicited comment (emphasis on "unsolicited" :D) on me looking a bit slimmer this morning so I can reasonably conclude that something is going on well whatever that torturous scale machine decides to say when I stand on it this Saturday :p

But all is not roses, peaches and cream - I find I am quite lethargic. I am missing my energy levels badly; I am looking everywhere for my "get up and go" :character00116:I also find I don't look forward to the days work. Hoping this is a phase that will pass soon...Zzzzzzzz :)

Hope your energy levels increase today especially since there a long weekend to look forward to!

I'm on day 10 today so I not my second week. Started ata 11.4.6 and week 1 weigh on Wednesday with a 4lb loss. Aiming for half stone mini goals and aiming for 8st 7lb and ideally 8st goal. Having done vlcd before I know I just need to focus on mini goals so as not to feel overwhelmed and give up ..... like I've done for the past 18 months!

Have a great day! Hi BattyKatty hope you get off to a great start!

I'm on day 6 and reading through some diaries for inspiration and motivation. You have a great attitude and I've enjoyed reading yours x

Hey guys I've been missing in action just to get back and see lots of lovely awesome inspiring messages for me and I'm so touched! :) You see, with a task as daunting as this ahead of us we need to keep together and drag each other up. It's human to feel down and feel like wanting to give up but then we need to remember what's at stake which could differ for each and every one of us. I've been trying to lose the last 5 kg for close to 3 years now and thanks to my half hearted and unserious attempts I've tripled that target lol! It's not funny!!! I've vowed to never see 3 digit weight figures again in my life!!! And that's why I'm here on May first typing these new month resolutions out again for all times sake :D. You won't believe I also come here to read what I've written to re-inspire myself so I feel very much humbled that I'm also inspiring other people no matter how little;)

So by July 22 I just have reached my target. To do this:

By May ending I must be leaving the 90's
By June ending I must be well into the 80's
By July 22 I must be at least 85kg.

Visualizing the targets is very relieving!!!

Let's do this!!!

It's a holiday today and it's almost over. I've been to see my consultant for a change in supplies - I'm not really "feeling" the fruity variants anymore i.e Mango, Smoothies e.t.c so I've swapped them for a whole load of chocolate shakes and porridge. Anything that can be done to shift the pounds must be done and is being done!!! I've not had a weigh-in yet as I'm not really in the mood to see what the scale has to say yet. I want to focus on my mental state of preparation as well as non-scale victories as the scale gets old after you've restarted dozen-gazillion times in the not so distant past :rolleyes:

So I had a funny non-scale victory today; my energy levels!!! They're high for a change. I was even able to jog on the treadmill :whacky068:non-stop for 15mins at a stretch!!! Real jogging, not walking or brisk walking as I always do; I was on a real roll and I enjoyed every bit of it!!! Real couch potato:hide: alert here, so this is to me a significant non-scale victory and I expect to see myself go to 30 mins non stop before the end of the month:cool:!!!

I have significant weight on the lower body so I figure if I can train the muscles down there that will by its nature and size end up making me burn significant calories and further aid my weight loss efforts. I want to see more progress in this area as well. Focus on the bicycle, the stair master and the tread mill. They're big muscles, big calves, big thighs anyway and will very much stay that way even if I'm at BMI zero so I might as well tone 'em.

What's the point in being flabby-slim? eh?

I'm a podcast junkie. I have podcasts being downloaded on my phones and other gadgets on a per-second basis. I'm the customer apple had in mind when they marketed 128gb iphones so sue me :greenapple:.

My focus area though has been on keto and low-carb podcasts and the like; also there are a few related to my profession; but the majority I download and subscribe to are related to the awesome science of nutrition surrounding metabolism, insulin resistance, gluconeogenesis and recipes ironically ketofying almost every food habit we've already learnt to break. However, I have taken a break from the podcasts directly related to keto / low-carb high fat mantras as I find myself always veering off sole source when the 12 o'clock munchies hit to seek out a high fat something or low-carb other...not good!!! I've decided I don't need any distraction at the moment ( as I said earlier somewhere in this diary most of my recent weight gain is 100% keto's fault) and my eye needs to be firmly on the proverbial ole' ball very well this time. Besides, who else has noticed that there are quite a lot more "ads" on the keto based podcasts; and not nearly enough "abs" on most of the popular podcasters o_O so I guess yeah, keto is cool but it has its time and place. I will always be more of a 'low-carb with calorie counting" eater in future anyway rather than a full keto lifestyl-ist; as I think eating all that fat with reckless abandon while expecting the body to miraculously adapt and eventually reduce general calorie intake by subsiding hunger and number of meals and fasting and all the stuff they've been preaching to us (if you have the patience to wait for all of that to happen, kudos to you!)...may not be really too good for some of us, but to each his own!!! Study your body and know what works for you, after all as one of my favorite podcasting guys usually says (and I paraphrase: :p-) we're each an N=1 experiment in our own individual right!!!

These days, I just listen to music instead.:D

I heard someone mention something about the Thyroid and how it may interfere with weightloss? Well I remember having bouts where I feel very cold and need to layer up while people around me are going sleeveless:eek:; also the weight loss stalls I experience even during periods when I've been steadfastly on plan - touch wood - :p...I'm thinking could I have a Thyroid issue? I usually put it down to the symptoms peculiar to VLCD's but should I look deeper into this....and if it is a Thyroid problem, what do I do? Eat brazil nuts? (confessions; teeheehee....:D, ok this month has however started well and no more cheaty shenanigans :rolleyes:)

I.am.really.struggling.with.water!!!

Incredible! ThankdaLawd for water flavors! I'm tunneling through the summer berry like krazee!!! And now I'm on to the Golden Vegetable!!! Lifesavers!!!

I believe it's going well - I've kind of settled into this much better now, although the odd temptations still arise from time to time - like right now I'm craving cheese of all things!:rolleyes: But nonetheless, it's a home run with the mindset and attitude in the right place.

I had someone give me a mighty piece of cake last night with butter icing oozing from it covered in almond flakes and with raspberry's in it!!! I was almost about to trash it when someone bailed me out and I happily gave it to him. There's nothing sadder than a fat person eating cake is there? It's the stuff all fat meme's are made of :D.

Although I'm not technically the average "fat" person, I still view those sort of things as serious 'no-go-and-not-in-any-way-necessary' indulgencies. Now if it had been a nice piece of roast skinless chicken with steamed vegetables with a lovely side of berries....now THAT would be the worst thing you could do to me at the moment as I would have to find a gazillion justifications on why I will be passing up such a delicious and healthy treat.:eatdrink023:

I had a hot chocolate mint shake this morning and I'm drinking all the water I can. Let's keep seeing how it goes.

...eating healthy does not necessarily mean you're watching your calories and exercising - even healthy eaters put on weight, news flash!!! Hello insulin resistance...:oops:

Way back when I did a vlcd I also got cravings for cheese... and nuts.:rolleyes:

Way back when I did a vlcd I also got cravings for cheese... and nuts.:rolleyes:

Hahaha, @Mini - that's crazy coz I also love nuts. Someone somewhere once said that if you crave certain foods, probably your body is crying out for some certain nutrients at that particular time...anyway I'm happy the VLCD meals take care of the nutrient part of the deal so I'm sure there are no worries there.

How long ago did you do a VLCD? Which one and did it work at all? Is that why you now prefer Slimming world? Just curious...:D

Getting more compliments these days :D Especially from the hubster. Ahem...too many people get caught up with the hormones being overactive while on VLCD's so I better watch out coz I'm NOT in the market for any feet pattering around here in the near future, no wayyyyyyyy:nananana:

So my local gym rings me up saying my subscription is due for renewal this month. :rolleyes:. Myself and the hubster have a good laugh over that - I wonder if I can count how many times I actually went to the Gym throughout the year. Not enough times in my opinion. So I say I'd rather use the money to buy a treadmill instead and he burst out rolling and said please just renew the bl@@die membership - we don't have space for a treadmill and in any case it will just end up gathering dust ...like all the other equipment you've bought in the past....:p

Not to say...someone isn't getting any smiles or other 'things' from me in a while. ;)

Ah well, at least going to the Gym every once in a while is better than coach potato-ing so here goes another xyz dollar investment hopefully not down the drain, Ho hum, After all we must keep fit and healthy...:whacky068::greenapple::character00116:

Back