C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

The same apps should be available for the iPod tho shouldn't they?? I use the one with the White stick man running in the green circle! If you see it you'll know what I mean x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yep, I use that man on my iPod!

Found it!! Thanks. x :D

Sounds like a plan! :):) x

:D

Did Wk8d1 last night. Think I went out a bit early as it was still warm. The combination of that & an extra 3mins running didn't do me any good at all. :sigh: Oh well, next run is tomorrow so I can go in the morning before it gets too hot.

Wk6 D2 completed tonight. Felt like I was going to vomit at the end of the second run :/ not holding out any hope for D3.......

Well I've been full of good intentions for restarting up on this, was shocked to realise that I've not been out using the app since the 17th of April!! I decided I was gonna go to the gym after work on Friday morning( I am on nights at the moment) and make a start-I have a reason for this which I'll explain in a min lol!
I figured I may as well have a go at wk5 day2 which was where I got to, and as I was going to be running on a treadmill, thought it would be easier! I did my 5 min warm up and then my first 8 min run at 7.5-8k/hr, and then instead of walking for 5 mins I just slowed down my run/jog to 6.8, then picked the pace up. I stuck at 7.5 and did the next 8 mins 4 times over before a light jog and then walk to cool down. I ended up doing 5.4k in just over 45 mins! Was thrilled to bits as I've not done anything for atleast a month :)
The reason ive stepped up my game is obviously from a general fitness point of you, but it's been spurred on by the fact I have been on a date with a new guy and he's an ex-marine! So need to pull my finger out to have any hope of keeping up with him! Lol! He runs stupid speeds but has said he'll come running with me to help me get back out on the roads and build it up properly! It's awesome :) I still can believe I managed that run after a 12 hour night shift-and am planning on doing the same again when I finish tonight :)

Well done Welshtigger!!!!

Thanks for the advice on the shoes, I am going to a running shop in the next week or two.

Today I completed week 7, so hopefully starting week 8 2moro! Not many runs left!!

Race for Life tomorrow - I'm a little bit nervous and excited!! :):)

Good Luck Hannah and to everyone else doing their race for life tomorrow.
4 weeks till mine not sure how I'm going to do it :/ x

Good luck Hannah. I'm sure you will have a great run :)

Oooh help!!! I'm currently on week 7 and should have completed day 3 two days ago...but I just cant face it. I dont think I would last 30 seconds outside as I have been training on the treadmill, I watch a dvd to keep my mind off things but i just cant seem to get myself going at all....I dont want to waste my hard work getting here...please motivate me :)

missdetermination said:
Oooh help!!! I'm currently on week 7 and should have completed day 3 two days ago...but I just cant face it. I dont think I would last 30 seconds outside as I have been training on the treadmill, I watch a dvd to keep my mind off things but i just cant seem to get myself going at all....I dont want to waste my hard work getting here...please motivate me :)

I didnt think I'd manage outside either but I do, altho that said i could run for 20 mins on the treadmill before I went outside! I started with wk1 outside but I found that cos my stamina was there it was better to start outside with wk 3! Maybe try to go back a few weeks and start outside with an easier week-and just remember to go really slowly :)

welsh tigger, thats a very good idea! Thank you...will try this tomorrow when I have babysitter :)

Good luck with the race for life. Let us know how it went

It was really great! Fabulous atmosphere despite raining the whole time.

I ran it the whole way - apart from where there were bottle-necks of people in a couple of places.

Really pleased with my time, just over 32 mins.

My friend who did hardly any proper training and had not managed more than 10 mins running, jogged the whole route in just under 40 mins. The atmosphere and crowd swept her along.

So, if anyone is struggling with the longer runs on C25K, just imagine a crowd of folk cheering you on, and loads of cameras too!!

Thanks for your encouragement everyone - its been a blast!!

I've had my bath and put dry clothes on - and sad to say have also put my medal back on too!! :eek::eek: xx

HannahNewton said:

I ran it the whole way - apart from where there were bottle-necks of people in a couple of places.

My friend who did hardly any proper training and had not managed more than 10 mins running, jogged the whole route in just under 40 mins. The atmosphere and crowd swept her along.

So, if anyone is struggling with the longer runs on C25K, just imagine a crowd of folk cheering you on, and loads of cameras too!!

I've had my bath and put dry clothes on - and sad to say have also put my medal back on too!! :eek::eek: xx

Well done that's brilliant :)

Fantastic Hannah, that's a great time too!! Pleased you had a great day, sounds fab!! Looking forward to my run now :)

missdetermination said:

I am guilty of running too much on the treadmill. I started the first 5 weeks outside then got a treadmill. I run so much more now, but have not had a run outside since. I keep saying my next run will be outside, but then I see the treadmill and end up running on there instead!!
I hope your run outside goes ok, keep us posted! :)

I did week 8, day 1 today. :)

Hi all

I've downloaded the C25K podcast and am really eager to try it, however I don't have a treadmill and can't afford the gym 3 times a week. I thought about running outside but I really don't feel comfortable running outside with headphones in, I like to be aware of my surroundings!

So here's my idea; I have an exercise bike. Do you think that I would be able to use the podcast in the same way? Cycling slowly for walking, bit faster for jogging etc.

I would assume since you're starting slow and building stamina it would essentially be the same? I'm not bothered about the distance really, I just want to get regular exercise and up my fitness levels.

PinkToaster said:
Hi all

I've downloaded the C25K podcast and am really eager to try it, however I don't have a treadmill and can't afford the gym 3 times a week. I thought about running outside but I really don't feel comfortable running outside with headphones in, I like to be aware of my surroundings!

So here's my idea; I have an exercise bike. Do you think that I would be able to use the podcast in the same way? Cycling slowly for walking, bit faster for jogging etc.

I would assume since you're starting slow and building stamina it would essentially be the same? I'm not bothered about the distance really, I just want to get regular exercise and up my fitness levels.

You'd be better off downloading the app rather than the podcast as then you can use your own music :) I have bought an arm band for my iPhone and use that rather than headphones from a safety point of view :)

Congrats & well done on the great time!! :D

Which one did you do? x :)

Back