C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Did a long run this morning! Did 8.58k which is the longest ive EVER run! Am so chuffed :) and am gonna do a few more shorter sessions on the tm in the gym, and do the long run again on Monday :) hope you're all doing ok xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welshtigger said:
Did a long run this morning! Did 8.58k which is the longest ive EVER run! Am so chuffed :) and am gonna do a few more shorter sessions on the tm in the gym, and do the long run again on Monday :) hope you're all doing ok xx

Superstar!! xx

HannahNewton said:
Superstar!! xx

I'm really pleased as it's taken the pressure off for the RFL! I'm still carrying on with the C25l, and got 8 runs left before I crack on with the bridge to 10k! Got a fantastic marine to spur me on still :) x

Great run Welshtigger!!!!

Well done completing C25K Just Jools!!!

I will be a few weeks behind you on B210k, as I want to concentrate on 5k until my RFL. Especially considering I haven't actually finished it yet!!
I still have 3 runs to go. I attempted twice yesterday on the treadmill, but the first time I got awful stitch after 9 mins ( probably due to eating too soon before running), so waited a bit longer, but daughter then had other plans, so had to come off after 5 mins:-(

So today I will be running. I haven't done a run since Saturday, so really do need to make it happen today.!!!!

Brilliant, well done. x :D

Great run Welshtigger!!!!

Well done completing C25K Just Jools!!!

I will be a few weeks behind you on B210k, as I want to concentrate on 5k until my RFL. Especially considering I haven't actually finished it yet!!
I still have 3 runs to go. I attempted twice yesterday on the treadmill, but the first time I got awful stitch after 9 mins ( probably due to eating too soon before running), so waited a bit longer, but daughter then had other plans, so had to come off after 5 mins:-(

So today I will be running. I haven't done a run since Saturday, so really do need to make it happen today.!!!!

Thanks. I've not started my B210K yet as I have a problem with it! :( I had a listen to it the other night & I hate the music, so much so I can't use it. Will have to trawl the internet for a different one. :sigh:

Did a 5k last night (well 5.66k ;)) & may do another Friday night. Then hopefully try & get something sorted at the weekend for the B210k. We should start a new thread for it.

Good luck with your run today. x :D

Good luck with the B210k, must admit I haven't really looked at the program. Although are the workouts about an hour??!!
Yes probably a good idea to start a new thread.
Well I did my 30 min run, so feeling loads better. 2 more to go!!
One thought I had with RFL, I am running with my sister and although she is doing occasional running, she is a lot slower than I am. What I'm not sure about is whether to just run at my sisters pace, or run for me and get a time I am pleased with. Im really not sure, as this will be a huge achievement for me running this race, but then I have kinda pushed my sister into running, so seems unfair to leave her behind. What are your thoughts?

Thanks. :D The 6 wk plan I had found ranges from 53mins to 70mins. :eek:

Oooh there's a dilema!! Can you not ask her the question? I did mine alone last year but there were so many people there I kinda hooked up with another woman who was running the same pace as me.

Your sister may be happy for you to shoot off & get a good time & for her to do the course herself. It's not like she'll be alone. Good luck! x :D

Jools - congrats on the end of C25K!!! Start a new B210K thread and we'll all get on there supporting you till we're ready to join you! I'll check out your FB link - does it give the music there?

By the look of it I don't think Welshtigger needs it! 8K - what is that marine doing to you????

I did WS8R2 today... I'm spacing them out a bit more cos I'm getting niggles but was all ok today and a little bit faster. I may brave the last run outside on Sunday...

Sunshine runner said:
By the look of it I don't think Welshtigger needs it! 8K - what is that marine doing to you????

Thanks-he's certainly done something! I didnt run all of it-there are a couple of nasty hills which I went very slowly up-and almost walked! :)

Week 9, day 2 complete!! 1 more to go!!!!!

Welshtigger said:
Well done-nearly there! Am doing wk8, d1 tonight x

Decided not to do wk8 d1 tonight, and ran 10k outside instead!! And managed to keep going for all of it! It took my a few mins less than the 8.58k the other day so am thrilled to bits :)

That's fantastic, well done Welshtigger!!!

Shazzabir said:
That's fantastic, well done Welshtigger!!!

Thanks-am so chuffed :) I never thought, in a million years that I'd manage a 10k, ok it took my 92 mins but I've done it :)

OMG 10k, that is fantastic Welshtigger !!! I have so had enough after 5k!!

I finally finished C25k!! Managed 5k in 33 mins, but that was on the treadmill.
I am going to keep increasing my speed until I can happily get to 30 mins, then will start B210k. :)

Shazzabir said:

I am going to keep increasing my speed until I can happily get to 30 mins, then will start B210k. :)

That's brilliant! I can only dream of speeds like that at the moment!! I'm gonna work with Bryn(mr sexy marine) and start to build my speed up now ive worked on my stamina, and hopefully get faster over the 10k distance! I know I'll never be able to run as fast as him, but to be able to go for a run with him and not get too left behind would be nice :) Even his son runs 7/8 miles with him! Lol

I'm sure you will soon be at the speed you want very soon. You have made fantastic progress Welshtigger! Its great that you have someone to motivate you x

Jools - congrats on the end of C25K!!! Start a new B210K thread and we'll all get on there supporting you till we're ready to join you! I'll check out your FB link - does it give the music there?

Thanks, I will. Yes it does but it's rubbish!! lol I've kinda adapted my own. x :)

Week 9, day 2 complete!! 1 more to go!!!!!

Brilliant. x :)

Decided not to do wk8 d1 tonight, and ran 10k outside instead!! And managed to keep going for all of it! It took my a few mins less than the 8.58k the other day so am thrilled to bits :)

Wow, that's amazing, well done. x :)

Well done, that's fantastic. x :)

I did 5k in 32 mins today, I'm getting a little faster!! :)

Back