C25K beginners - struggle with W1D1

Shazzabir said:
I did my RFL, finished in 28 min 3 secs, so really pleased!! I was aiming to complete under 30 mins, so walking around with a big smile on my face now!
I am now moving to B210k. First run on Wednesday. :)

Wow! Well done :D that's awesome x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Finally got back on track after a week off & done week 6 day 1 this evening. Was worried that missing a week might set me back but I found most of it easy enough & could have gone on longer than the 8 minutes in the second run though I did find myself tiring by the end of the third. Looking forward to the 2X 10 minute runs next :D

sweet pink said:
Finally got back on track after a week off & done week 6 day 1 this evening. Was worried that missing a week might set me back but I found most of it easy enough & could have gone on longer than the 8 minutes in the second run though I did find myself tiring by the end of the third. Looking forward to the 2X 10 minute runs next :D

Well done :) I'm thinking of starting again to build up my speed! x

I think when I finish I really want to work on my speed for a while too before moving on to 10k. Cant believe I'm even thinking about that!!! lol

Well done Sweet Pink!!

I am still going to keep doing 5k runs, will probably challenge myself every few weeks to improve on my previous time.

I did my RFL, finished in 28 min 3 secs, so really pleased!! I was aiming to complete under 30 mins, so walking around with a big smile on my face now!

:happy096: Amazing, well done!! x :D :worthy:

That's brilliant! Well done. I did W1D1 & D2 but now I'm suffering with achey thighs and buttocks (sorry if that's TMI !!) but I'll hopefully be back to it tomorrow or Tuesday, depending on work

Well done! :D You'll get used to it soon enough. x :)

Hi all

I did W1D1 last night. I did finish which I am proud of but I did have terrible stomach ache afterwards. My stomach hurts today but I know that's my muscles hurting, whereas yesterday it was my actual stomach hurting.
I was on the treadmill, might try outside tomorrow though.

PinkToaster said:
Hi all

I did W1D1 last night. I did finish which I am proud of but I did have terrible stomach ache afterwards. My stomach hurts today but I know that's my muscles hurting, whereas yesterday it was my actual stomach hurting.
I was on the treadmill, might try outside tomorrow though.

Well done for completing it :) maybe slow down a bit next time, try not to start off too fast :)

I was jogging at about 4mph for the 'runs' and walking at around 3mph.

Lucky me I got the squeaky treadmill as well!

PinkToaster said:
I was jogging at about 4mph for the 'runs' and walking at around 3mph.

Lucky me I got the squeaky treadmill as well!

That's cool! That's bout what I started at! Another tip is to put the treadmill on a minimum incline of 1, as otherwise it's too flat!!!

Awesome! Well done chick! Mine is this Sunday but I will be aiming for sub 33 minutes :( - I tried sub 32 on the treadie today and for whatever reason felt crap the whole run and quit at 4.5k - I was running 10 minute miles the whole way but my body does not like it! Will try to get one more run in before Sunday to see if I go any better. Then I'll be on B210K as well - although I have discovered Podrunners bpm running which is very tempting.... xx

Good luck with your race, I'm sure you'll have a great time :)
What's podrunners??

Good luck with your race Sunshine! x :D

Good luck with your race, I'm sure you'll have a great time :)
What's podrunners??

Thanks ladies! Just done my last run before Sunday and have a new PB of 31.47 for 5k! V pleased but I doubt I'll do that well on Sunday...

Shazz if you google "bpm running" the first site that appears is the podrunner site. It's free downloads with different mixes at different beats per minute which equate to different running speeds. You have to like his taste in dance music though, which I do just enough to find them quite good!

Thats an excellent time Sunshine runner. Good luck for your race on sunday.

Just completed week 6 day 3 & was really pleased with myself. I started to struggle a bit at around the 18 minute mark but by 20 minutes I felt fine & I even felt as though I could go when the 25 minutes were up. Really looking forward to my next run now :D

Race for Life done - in a new PB of 31.31 which I'm very pleased with, especially considering more than half the race was on grass! I think I will stick to my original plan of trying to get 5k speed down to sub-30 as a delaying tactic for upping my distance!

Sunshine runner said:
Race for Life done - in a new PB of 31.31 which I'm very pleased with, especially considering more than half the race was on grass! I think I will stick to my original plan of trying to get 5k speed down to sub-30 as a delaying tactic for upping my distance!

Wow!! Well done, that's phenomenal :) ours was alot on grass too, and it was quite rutted cos it had been sooooo dry, I was so conscious of going over on my ankles :(
Good luck with the rest of your mission ;)

That's a great time Sunshine!! Well done. Hope you enjoyed the race.
You'll soon be under 30 mins :)

Fantastic time Sunshine runner!!! Well done

Back