C25K on a treadmill?

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
This might be a daft question but is c25k doable on a treadmill in the gym?

Has anyone started at 22/23stone and got on ok? I really want to do it and other then asthma I'm in good health just very unfit.

Hi
I am 18 and half stone. I have not completed it yet but have started it. The one thing I would say is as you have the tracks playing and someone talking to you telling you when to walk and jog the time goes far quicker than trying to just walk or run on a treadmill by yourself - I get really bored in the gym but the time goes much quicker.

Also, even if you are struggling with the running sections this gets easier with time but even 30 mins of power walking is a great achievement so if you cant do it fully straight away that doesnt matter, you can just set the treadmill to a pace that suits you and start pushing yourself as you feel comfortable.

Good luck with it :)

im doing my c25k on a treadmill, then once i can do it, il take to the streets and see how i get on :) will be harder im sure but thats all part of the challenge for me :) good luck!!!

I will be doing my C25K on a treadmill, easier to follow for now I think! Haven't officely started it yet but i've been doing some jogging here and there so hopefully shouldn't struggle too much... Can jog for 10-15 mins already but anything after that and I really do struggle!

P.S sarah I really like all your exercise goals in your signature, I might have to copy you there!!! Good inspiration! :)

I will be doing my C25K on a treadmill, easier to follow for now I think! Haven't officely started it yet but i've been doing some jogging here and there so hopefully shouldn't struggle too much... Can jog for 10-15 mins already but anything after that and I really do struggle!

P.S sarah I really like all your exercise goals in your signature, I might have to copy you there!!! Good inspiration! :)

Feel free to copy :D:D:D I have it on my face book too and its great to share it with everyone and keeps me on track :) Having my personal best times/distances ect helps keep it interesting too :) Good luck, cant wait to see how u get on x

im doing my prep for 5k runs on a 10k programme, more than i need to but its getting me prepped for a 10k run in a few weeks time too. im thinking that if i can do 10k, then a 5k wont be bad at all. managed the full 5k on the treadmill and it wasnt as tough as expected. was out of breate but no jelly legs after it :)

might have dripped laods of sweat over the treadmill though haha, was quite gross. i wont be wearing a cotton shirt next time.... lesson learned

mines all treadmill too

Last edited:
Back