C25K Running Thread!!

Hi corinne and welcome to the thread :giggle: As above really, we all worried and didnt think we'd make it but were doing it! :flirt2:

go irishmum!! I still havent been in the gym :eek: I was supposed to do yesterday but got called out at lunch so ill be attempting it again tomorrow dinner! W4W1 again i think :cool:

Well, I tried. I did okay I think considering I've had a 12-day break? I made it through the first 3 jog sequences, but got 'wobbly leg syndrome' and had to walk the last sequence- though I did do it at a higher speed to try to compensate? Shows how easy it is to get out of shape!!
I may attempt it again tomorrow- even though it should be a rest day..or will I rest...hmm.....

Before I dislocated my knee, I loved C25K. I'm asthmatic and find running REALLY difficult, got to stage ii of the plan before my accident. It took me a while before I could do stage ii though, about three weeks of doing it three times a week (blame my asthma and my unfitness at the time!!!) It was so empowering and bloody good exercise. Wish I could get back on it, stupid knee :(

Can you not go back to it at all then?

Irishmum, slow it down!!! :) I never "run" because im no sprinter, i jog and take it steady. Im dreading tomorrow dinner though :( I've not done it in 14 days tomorrow so ill be dying

LOL! I hardly go fast? My 'jog' speed is 7.5kph? I walk at 4.5kph when doing the C25K, but if I'm 'just' walking (i.e. on my rest days) I walk at 5-5.5kph for 30/35mins.
I'm planning 2 x 30mins walks today, and trying W4 again tomorrow. I don't want my 'jelly-legs' to give in!

any slower and you're walking kinda scenario? :confused:

Im attempting it at dinner :eek: 7.5 is my jogging as well. Lets see if the time off has killed me........

oooh i just realised, your only 5'2" so maybe slow it to 7km? Im 5'9" and jog at 7.5km I darent increase it yet!

I'm still here! I'm still trying to did w2d1 last week, then kinda, erm, forgot. So I started again yesterday, might do w2d2 today. I'll see how I feel when i get back from group. I walk at 4.5 and jog at 7.5 and I'm 5'2". But they are ok speeds for me. If it feels too difficult, slow it down. OH is 5'5" and she walks 4 and jogs at 7, so it's better going with what you're comfortable with.

I did it i did it! Im really pooped and i was glad to see the dreadmill hit 27mins but i dont half feel good for doing it!!! :D Roll on Friday!!

I did it i did it! Im really pooped and i was glad to see the dreadmill hit 27mins but i dont half feel good for doing it!!! :D Roll on Friday!!
Yayy!!!! Way to go!!:D:D:D

Okay, so last night I strapped my (3 1/2st) toddler into her pram and went for a long walk while my other daughter was at her football training. The plan was to walk for 20mins one way, turn, and come back. That'd get me back in time for her finishing. It was a hilly, twisty country road that had me out in a sweat & out of breath after 5mins! But I plodded on and home again. My legs were aching, but I felt good afterwards. I later measured it in the car and discovered I'd covered 2.7miles in 40mins- pushing a heavy load up & down hills- I reckon that was good! LOL! But by God I know it today. The tops of my thighs & lower waist area are aching?! Much more so than when I'm on the treadmill- so kudos to you guys who are out pounding the beat doing this- I take my hat off to you! When I'm on the treadmill it's my lower thighs that go 'wobbly'? But I really must have worked different muscles last night?

thats the reason i use the hills on the treadmill! It kills but if im ever going to go outside i need to be prepared!! :D

Im off to the gym at dinner for another go at W4W1 :flirt2:

EDIT:

I dud it! :flirt2:

I felt a LOT better this time. I only wanted it to be over 2 1/2 mins from the end instead of 10 mins! So Monday im back in there doing the same again :D

Last edited:
Whay-hey!!! Wk4 done!! It's my 2nd week attempting it and the 3rd time I've completed it, but I'm sticking here for 2 more sessions. Theres no way I'd be able to do Wk5 yet (never mind the 3rd session in it!). That walk I did last wednesday banjaxed me for thursday/friday so I wasn't able to attempt my Wk4 again until today. My legs were wobbly, but not too bad. My breathing isn't a problem at all, I could carry on if my legs were stronger, so thats what I need to build up.
I intend to do that walk again this week. Am I nuts?....

Ladies and gents. I'm going to do W1D1 tonight. I've been jogging on and off but it'll be nice to have something proper to stick to. I hope I don't struggle too much with the first session. I'd like to think that the exercise I've been doing has given me some stamina.

You are all doing brilliantly. Keep it up. Hope I can share this with you.
x

Welcome Jettica! If you've already been jogging on & off you might find the first week or two easy enough? When I started I couldn't jog for 60secs without panting for 5mins! Post your progress here & join us in our journey- moans & all!

LOL! We all are- especially me! Good luck today.

Good luck Jettica!!!!

Well done irishmum :D

Im a let down. I had to come home at dinner so i made a date with my gym buddy to go in tomorrow dinner! Im a bit peeved because i really wanted to get in and do W4 again but never mind ill do it tomorrow :)

Wow just did W1D1. I'm exhausted. That was difficult. I missed one of the runs and did two other for only half the time but it was good. I was faster than when I normally run. I normally run a 17 minute mile (well it's mostly walking) today my average was a 14 minute mile. That's brilliant.

I'm going to do W1D1 again on Wednesday. Hopefully then I'll be able to do the whole thing.

If you're struggling slow your 'runs' right down. In wk1 I was 'jogging' at 8kph, now in wk4 I can only do a longer time if I jog at 6.5kph or so. Theres no speed target on C25K, it's about building your endurance so that you can jog for a length of time.
I 'walk' a 16-17min mile too, so am quite fast at walking, but this aims to improve your cardio ability by making you heart work harder while jogging. My jogging mile is only a smidge faster than my walking mile- but I know I've done it (the amount of sweat & wobbly legs are usually a good clue! LOL!)when I finish.
Well done for getting out there & trying it! Remember- it's not a race, and we're all in the same boat! Good luck!

I don't think it helps that I'm running outside. My first run was up a hill and I thought to myself that I planned the route really badly! I'm not a member of a gym but my mum does have a treadmill so I'll try that out when I'm there. It'd be nice to know how fast I'm jogging. Although towards the end I'm not sure I could've jogged any slower.

I walk at around 3mph which is about 4.5kmph. Probably jog at around 7 or 8kmph. I've got long legs though and ma quite tall at 5'7". I'll try slowing though. Thank you. I don't feel too bad today so I'm tempted to try again but I'm thinking maybe I should honour those rest days and do some toning stuff or yoga instead.

Back