C25K Running Thread!!

I know which of the 2 evils i would prefer!

I never got into the gym today for 2 reasons:

1) My knee has told me "not today i cant take it" so i had painkillers and let it rest

2) I had my nails painted at dinner for charity :giggle:

I have my gym kit at home though so i may have to do a jog on the roads this weekend! if i feel brave enough

:giggle: very good reasons Shabba. I don't know if the world is ready to see me run yet. OH decided she wasn't running today, so I did w2d1, and loved it, so much more than last week. I mean 6 runs is better than8 (love my crazy brain forgetting the runs are longer). Core work tomorrow, then sunday off.

I admire you for doing the core work, i honestly will do it, one day!!

Well i cant get this bloody podcast rubbish to work right :mad: I keep telling OH, all i want is to listen to it on my ipod! i can do most things on a pc and i cant do this :mad: Im hoping to go out in the morning to do my W3W3 :rolleyes: Hills but no treadmill :eek:

Today i've done 2 hours of tidying, i think that will do instead

Shabba, did you get your podcast from the itunes store?

And. . .

How did w3d3 go?

I've done w2d2. I really didn't want to. I'm have the crappiest time, but I did it. Missed w1d3 of my core training though, due to stupid work, and then I had to rush to get ready to go out. So I'm all out of sync now lol and it's freaking me out. I really should chill about these things, maybe I have a little ocd.

Just completed W5D1, was fairly tough going but i did it!!!
Never thought i could run for a straight 5 minutes....twice over!

I got it from itunes and also that roberts website. Now we only have 1 ipod in the house because im not apples biggest fan, so my mp3 player isnt an ipod. I dont really want to use OH's because he will moan at me if i even breath on it! But i cant get the damn thing to work on either :mad:

and w3d3 didnt go anywhere :eek: It also didnt happen yesterday as i went to the doctors about my knees and am now waiting to hear from physio :cry:but he said not to overdo it! so like usual i will listen to my body :flirt2:

I was supposed to go in the gym yesterday but when i got to work i twigged i'd forgotten my pass and my pass has my gym key on it :mad: So i may go in at dinner to complete w3d3!

and i have to apologise evan, i've finally twigged you are a guy and not a gal :roofles::giggle: i must read more signatures :eek:

well done dreamingmaid!!!!!!:talk017::happy096:

Shabba, you mustn't push yourself, it's not good. Do as much as your body tells you. And don't worry 'bout thinking I'm a guy lol who's to know in this faceless cyberworld.

I'm not tech-savvy enough to help much. I would try, right-click, save as, and put them all in a folder on your desktop, then try and transfer them to your mp3 player. Make sure they save as mp3's, not anything else. Might help, might not.

Hi everyone- I haven't gone away you know! LOL! Well, disasterous week...exercise wise anyway! Friday was W4D2. I got half way through and was called back to work 3/4 way through....arghhhh!!!
Saturday I fitted in a 3/4hr brisk walk, intending to re-attempt W4D2 yesterday, but I was swamped with work again (coming up to year end).

Today I was determined- W4D2 attempt 2...nearly. I really couldn't complete it. On Friday I felt my legs a bit 'wobbly' afterwards, but thought "Oh, I must be working those muscles at last!". Today, I was wobbly from the first 5min run (2nd jog sequence) and really was doing well to do another 3min run. I sort-of tried to make up for it by doing a 10min really brisk walk at the end, but what's gone wrong? My legs are like jelly? The breathing was (strangely) okay, so in that respect I could've finished, but my legs wouldn't let me? Am I doing too much too soon? I'm following the programme (slowly!) to the letter, and have completed each course on each attempt- to my surprise each time? So whats gone wrong? I'm going to stick at this level (2 x 3 mins, 2 x 5mins) until I get it done at least twice before moving on.

Are you going too fast IrishMum? Try and slow down, just so you can get through it. And you're doing right to stay on the same run until you feel ready to move on.

Maybe your body was fine at the fitness level till now. Now it just needs that push and doing the same exercise will help :D

I finished W3 yesterday :cool: I felt relatively fine till last night :cry:So im not going to run till next week! I may go in the gym and do some weights and try to get some upper body strength. Ill be putting minimum pressure on my knees that way:)

W4W1 will be done next week and ill see how i feel after :cool: Im a bit gutted i cant do more because im just enjoying it and at 23 i really wished my knees didnt give me so much agro!!! but i guess i want to keep my knees for as long as possible!

LOL! I understand! A knee replacement in your early 20's isn't something you want to go through!

I think it's a 'muscle' building problem, as it's the muscles at the front of my thighs (just above my knees) that go 'wobbly'? So I'll just plod on at w4d2 until I can do it all! I want to try to keep to the same speed I've been doing (4.5kph walk, 7.5kph jog) and build my stamina until I can do it. If I have to, I'll do shorter jogging intervals (no less than 3mins at a time though!) until I get there.
I'm not giving up now, I never thought I'd make it this far, and am so chuffed that I can breathe while jogging for 5min stretches! When I started I couldn't go 60secs without nearly having a heart attack!

oooh i know what you mean! the doctor said that sometimes in runners, leg muscles take a while to build up so i bet its a shock for them!

I've decided not to go in the gym at all today. I've been in a meeting for 2 hours and cant face it!

Oh and i have looked into a knee replacement :giggle: unfortunately it lasts about 10 years so ill just put up with it ;)

Oh and i have looked into a knee replacement :giggle: unfortunately it lasts about 10 years so ill just put up with it ;)
Seriously?!?! OMG. I wouldn't be keen on that either, so just look after the ones you've got!

I just re-did W4D2...successfully!!! It was 'officially' my rest day but I was a bit pi**ed off when yesterday was such a flop I decided to give it a go again.:eek:
I slowed my jogging down to 7kph and while the 2nd jog sequence was tough, I did it!! I'll do it a few more times though to be sure before I move onto W5. I don't want to seize up altogether!:p

I'm going to research upper arm exercises now to tackle my bingo wings before the summer arrives (easy to look forward to when I'm looking at 3" of snow!!)...;)

I have no idea what is going on with the weather. we woke up to a light dusting of snow. Its like nature is playing a long april fool on us :rolleyes:

Once you feel comfortable shift the speed up again :D

I did W4W1 :cool::eek::cool: It was tough, especially the last 5 mins!!!

Where's everyone gone? I hope you're all ok. I've restarted w2, since I did nothing since my last post. And it was a bit hard really. But then I realised I wasn't running properly and changed it, so I finished it ok.

I'm off work this week so my posts will be brief (on my sil's laptop at the minute!) and my exercise also is on hold unfortunately? Never mind, on Monday it'll be right back into W4 until I can do it all comfortably!
Take care everyone!

have a nice week off!

I havent done anything in a few days. I've had a hectic few days at work and at home, first time i've been online in 4 days :eek:

Im nipping in the gym Friday. Was supposed to be today but i forgot we have a birthday party to go to so i've had to have the afternoon off, just sooo sooo busy at the moment!

Have we all died from overdoing it?

Hi! I've just finished wk1 of C25K - have entered Race for Life this June so hope to run some of it at least! I've got an app on my ipod that tells me when to run/walk so I don't have to keep looking at my watch, it makes it a lot easier!

I only joined the gym last week, I love the treadmill except for the bit where it speeds up - I never know when to actually start jogging so I just end up walking very very quickly for a short while :D

At the moment I can't imagine running for any longer than a minute at a time - wk2 starts on Weds so we'll see!

Well Ladies, I'm back to work so no more excuses! I'll attempt W4D? later on today. The plan is to run this week until I can do it comfortably, however long it takes before moving up to W5 (eek!!)
I'll update later on (if I'm not in A&E! LOL!)
Hi Corinne_j, welcome to the thread! If you read from the beginning, none of us thought we'd ever run for longer than a minute at a time, but here we are- most of us up to 5min intervals! I still find it hard to believe, but it really works! Keep posting, your success will encourage us too!

Back