C25K Running Thread!!

I cant use the podcasts as i take my 7 month old puppy with me and i wouldnt be able to concentrate on her. :(

Ooo i've just found this thread. The BF and I started C25K a few weeks ago, and easing in gently (we did the week 1 plan for 2 weeks).

I'm finding i have a major problems with calves and knees. I have some proper running shoes, and i'm not horrifically overweight (ie too heavy for them). Is it just because i've never done any running in my life before? Will it improve? Anyone else had any problems like this and they've improved.

Had to have last week off running due to my knee :(

Yer, i had and still do have a major problem with my toe. It blistered up and bruised under the nail. It doesnt hurt now but isnt very pretty underneath the nail.

In short, it will get better. Maybe try some stretches with your legs before you start the warm up. This might help a little.

What week are you on now chick?

We stretch before and after :)

We're on time-wise week 3 (if i discount the week off for my knee) and are doing the week 2 part atm

I'm finding i have a major problems with calves and knees.

Do you mind me asking what problems exactly are you having?

Running is no different to any other exercise - you're using muscles that have not really had a good work out for a long time and they're bound to be sore. All the muscles and ligaments in your legs have to adapt and strengthen up and yes, my legs ached like hell when i first started.

I also found when I started doing a lot more walking, before I even began running, that I was having problems with my Achilles. It would get really tight and sore after walking for some time but it passed after a while and I've had no more problems with it.

Knees can be a different kettle of fish. I have a bit of a dodgy knee and I have to be so careful. Running, being high impact, is very hard on the joints. Good running shoes are a must but you've got that covered anyway. I researched what would provide me with the best shock absorption (in order to help my knees) and I actually bought some trail running shoes which, as I run both on paths and on fields, are perfect, very comfortable and springy. I cannot stress the importance of stretching enough. You will avoid injury by proper stretching - calves, quads, hamstrings, groin - both after warming up and at the end.

Last edited:
Yer, i had and still do have a major problem with my toe. It blistered up and bruised under the nail. It doesnt hurt now but isnt very pretty underneath the nail.

That's weird summergurl cos I had exactly the same problem. Just with one toe too. It didn't really hurt at the time and I didn't feel my shoes catching on it or anything but they must have been. The nail is completely bruised underneath. I thought the nail might actually come off but it hasn't done yet.

BTW, I must say that your before and after piccies are phenomenal. You look so completely different. You must be so proud of yourself! :D

That's weird summergurl cos I had exactly the same problem. Just with one toe too. It didn't really hurt at the time and I didn't feel my shoes catching on it or anything but they must have been. The nail is completely bruised underneath. I thought the nail might actually come off but it hasn't done yet.

BTW, I must say that your before and after piccies are phenomenal. You look so completely different. You must be so proud of yourself! :D

Thanks hun :)

I think my nail will come off but its always best to just leave it and let it run its course.

Im looking into getting some decent trainers, where did you get yours? I'll have to save for a couple of months first though so the ones i got now will do just fine :giggle:

Completed week 6 on friday!!!!! :D

Well done on completing week 4 tara .... tips .... just push through it! Keep focused and you will do it :)

I'm always inspired when I read this thread. I was on here a few weeks ago and got to week 4 but stopped. I'm currently on a 3 week TFR diet but plan to restart C25K after that.
See you all soon. Keep up the good work!

Hi, I've found a C25K app for the iPhone that looks very similar to this, I found it really helpful when training for my Race for life, just a shame I only started it a week before the run, so i ended up walking for most of it, but just thinking about re-starting it after reading your posts, with the aim to run it all next time!

Go for it Missq :)

Did W5D1 with no problems, lucky me. Am doing D2 tomorrow, not looking forward to having to jog for 8 mins continually twice !!

Just completed week 7!!!!!!!!!! :party0049:
Week 7!! :eek:

Im off on holiday next week so won't be running, i did plan on taking my running stuff as its a campsite but thought i'd have a break. The week after im going to do 2 days of week 7 again then the following week start week 8.... don't think i could go straight onto week 8 after having a week off!

Im almost a c25k graduate! :eek:

Tara, how have you gotten on with week 5?x

as in another post i have sustained an injury to my left foot. when i eventually can start to jog where should i start from. please dont tell me week 1. i am going to use my exercise bike as this doesnt seem to cause my foot any pain.

my foot is getting better slowly. just wondered should i repeat week 5 from the beginning or go back to week 4. i was just about to complete the 20 min run on week 5 when i hurt my foot.x

yippee, ankle has finally healed so i started at W1D1 again today. found it quite easy, thought that i would go back to no fitness ability again. but dont want to overdo it and rush back into week 5, so i am doing it slowly.
felt good to be back.
how is everyone else doing ?

I completed C25k last week!!! :party0049: Very pleased. Will still keep on running though :)

Glad I found this thread.

I started C25K 2 weeks ago, just about to start week 3.

I am actually really enjoying it though not at the time of running - I wish it was over but once I've completed it, I want to go again LOL!

Back