Caledonian Dukan

Well, I did it - away for two days and stayed on track! Very proud of myself. I had two PV days as was taken out for two meals and in-laws would have been hurt if I didn't enjoy them. Swordfish and asparagus was delicious (they even gave me extra asparagus as I wasn't having the potatoes!) and tried to have tuna steak the next day but they had run out. Had warm goat's cheese with salad leaves instead as EVERYTHING else was completely unsuitable. It was delicious. Had a tin of tuna on one ferry and fried eggs and grilled tomato on the ferry back. All in all, am proud of myself and am now going to do two days PP to compensate. Up 3/4 lb from what I was on Tues morning but am still 1/4lb down from what I was on Monday. Todays menu:
B - Oatbran porridge with skimmed milk
L - Omelette
S - Beef slices
D- Extra lean mince with cumin, chilli powder and coriander

You're doing great to say you're not getting much sleep. I know how draining and demoralising that can be. You've inspired me to try and be more adventurous with my recipes, I'd never even heard of Dukan It Out - I'm going to try the lasagne.

Mark

The lasagne is fantastic - I had loads with a salad and had lost weight the following morning - I love this diet as we are eating healthily and it can be delicious. Hope you like Dukan it out as much as I do, Mark - I'm trying the chilli-lime chicken next week. Down another 1/2lb this morning so am nearly at next milestone of under 200lb. Can't wait.

Todays menu:
B - oatbran porridge (skimmed milk and vanilla)
L - Tuna, beef slices
D - Chicken on the George Foreman
S- SF Jelly if I can get it to set before I go to bed
Birds kept me awake from 4a.m. so got up with a headache. It's funny, now I'm used to Cruise I have no urges to eat non-Dukan things, I've really got into the swing of it. Although I am looking forward to fruit next year. Not missing my wine any more either, quite content to have a cup of tea of an evening. Need to bake more though as muffins would be good in the winter. Am going to try at least 2 new recipes a week from now on - this week bacon and egg pie and New York baked lemon cheesecake.

Well done CD on you weight loss so far. Do you have a recipe for both as they sound so nice
?

Bacon & Egg Pie:
4oz bacon (Turkey bacon if you're good normal bacon if, like my DH who has lost 2 stone on Dukan, you're bad)
4oz LF cheese/FF cheese
1/4pt milk
2 eggs
Lightly grill bacon, chop finely. Sprinkle on bottom of 7inch pie dish. Beat eggs, add milk and strain on to bacon. Season to taste. Put grated cheese on top. (or, if using FF mozzerella slice on top).Bake at 400F, Gas mk 6, 200C for half an hour.

(You can substitute leeks/onion for bacon)

New York Baked Lemon Cheescake
Prep time: 15 mins. Cooking time: Approx 40 mins

Ingredients:

2 eggs- separated
4 heaped tbsp FF greek yoghurt
200 grams low fat ricotta or cottage cheese
300 gms fat free spreadable cream cheese
2 tbsp cornflour
½ cup canderel or splenda powder
Finely grated zest 1 lemon

Directions

Preheat oven to 160 C. Combine all ingredients except egg whites in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric hand blender until smooth, thick and silky in appearance. If using cottage cheese, beat mixture until the texture smooths out. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, then beat in cornflour. Slowly fold in egg white mixture to large bowl until combined. Transfer mixture to a baking dish and bake for approximately 40 mins or until risen and golden brown. Allow to cool completely in fridge before serving.

Hope that helps Mirjam. The bacon and egg pie is a recipe my Mum made a lot when we were kids, although she used full fat milk! The other recipe I haven't tried yet but looks really good so I am doing it Tues (once I've been to the shops).

Thank you so much for the recipes CD, will definitely give the bacon and egg pie a try! Will make it on Monday I think as hubby's going offshore tomorrow so no need for me to cook for him then lol x

Huh, after going up 12lb down 1/2lb for a couple of days this morning I was down 1 and 1/4lbs this morning. Very happy until I realised that I am now 200lbs and a half. Can't wait till I'm under - so close. Very very tired at the minute, wish I could sleep all day but not once am I wanting to not follow Dukan. Todays PP menu:
B - porridge with skimmed milk
L - Omelette with ham
S - Beef slices
D - Salmon
S - SF jelly

Well done on your loss so far CD! I'm sure you will be under the 200 mark tomorrow. If you feel tired and you are able to, why not have a power nap?

Had a two hour afternoon snooze and am still exhausted. All I can think about is pizza, wine and banoffe pie arrgghhh! Actually gave a friend the wine that is the house this afternoon as I was so worried about caving in this evening. Think this happened this time last month and I was very proud of getting through it without giving in. Hope I can this TOTM too. Had a toffee mullerlight and an orange SF jelly as a treat but they aren't helping. Feel very grumpy and think I'm going to have to go to bed as soon as the kids do this evening so I don't cave and pig out on chocolate weetos. Am going to make Dukan lasagne tomorrow and gorge on that if need be. Doesn't help that friends are full of doom and gloom about the diet not being good for your kidneys, rather than full of congratulations for doing so well. Ending on a positive note, for the first time work colleagues have said I look thinner, especially my face.

I don't believe it - this morning I am 200lbs and a quarter. Was up till 2a.m. feeling sore and annoyed as I can't remember where the hot water bottle is (I can remember putting it in a safe place, just can't remember where that is!). Have plotted my weight loss on fridgegraph.com and it really helps to see it on a graph - overall it is a very steady weight loss and I am going to try as often as possible today to feel proud of what I have already achieved. Can't wait till I can buy some jeans a size smaller, that will help the positive thoughts too! Today's PV menu:
B - Dukan trifle (Oatbran, sf jelly and ff yoghurt layered in an old mullerlight pot)
S - Tuna
L - Mushroom Omelette
D - Dukan Lasagne with salad

Lots of swear words going through my head today as am back up to 200lbs and a half. Think I have to say goodbye to my mullerlights (I only have one on PP days). I'll have to do greek yoghurt with flavourings. Other than that all I can do is keep not giving in, I will carry on losing weight - maybe it is time for me to be losing it more slowly now. Annoying though. Am having an extra PV day and taking my wonderful daughter out for a meal to celebrate her fantastic exam results - well worth having to do two PP days Fri and Sat.

Yippee, finally below 200lb, albeit only by 1/4 lb but who cares - I've done it! No more mullerlights and more exercise once I've stopped feeling so tired. Todays PP menu:
B - Oatbran porridge, skimmed milk and vanilla
L - Omelette
D - Hake Fillet and Salmon Steak

Yeah 198 lbs now! Am cooking at work but doing roast chicken so I can have some and some SF jelly afterwards whilst everyone else is having the double chocolate orange muffins I've baked this morning. My kitchen smells divine! DH is wanting an extra pp day as he has stalled for a week so I'm going to keep him company; today's pp menu:
B - oatbran porridge with almond flavouring
L - Chicken, SF jelly
D - Salmon steak

Porridge with almond flavouring tastes like you are eating marzipan! Moving house on Thurs (200miles away) and DH will be working away for a year. Going to really have to do budget dukan....mmm, tuna and eggs and mince will feature hugely I think. Pretty sure DH will keep it up too as he is very happy with his weight loss. Todays PV menu:
B - Oatbran porridge with Almond Flavouring
L - Tuna and Egg Salad
D - Thai green chicken with spinach

Well, back on the internet after 6 weeks away. Very happy with weight lost in last six weeks - today I am wearing size 12 jeans, easily done up, for the first time in 7 years. Ok, my top half is still a lot larger but I am definitely getting there. DH is keeping on Dukan too and looks amazing and clearly feels it too so I am really happy. Find it very easy at the minute to stay on the diet and feel more energetic than at the start.

Back