Caledonian Dukan

Ugh, TOTM and feel horrible and tired - suppose I ought to make up some SF jelly for later. And a quiche. And I think I'll get some diet coke too. Anything to try and feel less grumpy etc. Oh well, moan over. Coffee needed right now I think!!

hope you feel better soon... I felt terrible with mines last week as well :(

Well, 2lb down and am now just over 4 stone lighter than I was on 1st January - keep trying to visualise that as 56 bags of sugar, wow!! I am much more active but the big thing is Dukan, this way of eating is amazing.

over 4 lost - WOW - what an inspiration you are :) gives me hope that I can actually do this - im so chuffed at almost 2

Wow well done :) I'm 2 stone down in a short space of time... I expect to slow down now but I hope to have 3 stone off by Xmas

My birthday today and my sister -in-law is doing a meal tonight for the whole family and making it Dukan-friendly! It's odd to have no alcohol/cake on my birthday but I weighed myself this morning and was a pound down so that was nice. Well meaning people have made comments like "Surely just one piece of cake wouldn't do any harm" or "Oh, surely you can have one glass of wine to celebrate", they really don't get how determined I am to lose the weight. My lovely, sardonic teenager suggested I stick a birthday candle in a piece of chicken!!! I'm trying to work out a recipe for dukan trifle using muffins as the base, sf jelly and sweetened quark as the top. Orange jelly and grated orange rind on top of the quark might be nice.

The strained home made yoghurt sweetened & a bit vanilla added is just like clotted cream so that would work well ;) I'm craving trifle now lol good job I've no muffins or jelly up here in deepest darkest aberdeenshire lol I will however partake when I head back to fife tomorrow or Thursday

Eta happy birthday to you

Whenever I see your name, I think of warmth and California (duh!), but your post really made me smile :D

Four stone is an amazing achievement, and reading your words really encouraged me for one. Sticking to Dukan through a birthday, Christmas, wedding, etc. is no mean achievement. Well done you!
x

Am now 1 and 1/2 lbs less than on my birthday a couple of days ago, very pleased and I have to say I feel proud of myself for having stayed strict (even with mother-in-law waving bottles of red wine at me!!), Dukan is helping me like myself again (yes, I know that sounds naff but it's true). I think your self-worth and self-esteem get a battering when you are very overweight. My sister-in-law booked me into her hairdressers for a cut for my birthday, and is looking after the kids for me (!!), so am looking forward to that next week. Today's PP day - Oatbran porridge, low-fat ham and low-fat cheese quiche, garlic chicken, maybe some SF jelly. And loads of fizzy water. And lots of coffee made with new coffee grinder and machine.

Ugh, feel awful - bad cold and bad UTI. Just want to be in bed, roll on 8pm when the kids go to bed as I'll be going too. Today - oatbran porridge, tomato mushroom and ham quiche, orange flavoured quark, later garlic chicken with cabbage and broccoli. Going to spoil myself and have a diet coke. Woop.

So far today - gone to my gaelic class, cleaned kitchen, disinfected kitchen floor, packed for the kids going to their Gran's for the night, hoovered, still got to take daughter to Highland Dancing class. At some point there will be enough time to cook something to eat!! (yes, I know I could be doing that now but am not supermum!!) Another pound down which is good - although the only place I can definitely see I'm getting thinner is my KNEES. Who needs skinny knees?? What a bizarre body I have - good job my husband wears glasses!

Just had oatbran porridge with coconut flavouring - made me feel I was in Barbados rather than dreich old Glasgow! Now, as the kids are away, I think I'm going to go back to bed with a handful of tissues, some ginger tea and my book.

Hope you enjoyed your chance to get all snuggled up and cosy! Noticed you said you go to a Gaelic class - scots Gaelic? I'm an Irish speaker but I'd say there's a fair difference between the two.

Here's the made-up-as-i-go along :D recipe that you asked for....

Seafood chowder - preheat oven to 190C

Mix of whatever raw fish you like cut into chunks, free of bones and skin - I use cod, river cobbler, tuna and salmon.
Butternut squash chopped into quite small cubes
Sliced mushrooms
Finely chopped Onion

For the white sauce - make the quantity required to cover the amount of fish you have.
Smoked Paprika
Finely chopped parsley and tarragon
Milk
Cornflour (tolerated item, 2 tbspn max per day)

Put all in a casserole dish and pop in the oven for 30 minutes or
so.

It was yummy and very filling. :)Xx

I do a similar one but for the sauce I dry fry ( or teeny bit of naughty butter) onion, add crushed garlic then a half to one glass of White wine and let the alcohol fizz off in open pan, simmer to reduce wine by about a third then add a little water, cornflour etc and pour over the fish. The rest is the samE except for the paprika which i dont use with the wine. The wine flavour and garlic give a nice variation.

On holiday in the Outer Hebrides from Saturday, needs two very long days of travelling on PP days so am going to have to be organised with my lunchbox! Down another pound which is good, very long way still to go though. Had a delicious onion and tomato quiche with loads of salad leaves just now for an early lunch and it was delicious but think I am starting to get TOTM munchies as I am now craving something sweet which I don't do usually. Hmm, maybe sweetened quark later for a snack. Wish we could have hot chocolate...

Well definitely got PMT - was sat last night scoffing a huge bowl of SF jelly with sweetened Total, washed it down with diet coke. Lovely and definitely helped. Haven't seen my DH for weeks, and we see him tomorrow yippee!! Very excited.

Aargh, fell off the wagon earlier on in the week so am not feeling proud of myself. However, it was just one evening and I am just going to accept it and move on. Tomorrow I'm travelling for 10 hours, including what is clearly going to be a very rough three hour ferry crossing - yuck. Very cold here, cuddled up on settee with the kids watching Shrek and trying to get up enough energy to go and make a cup of coffee. Keep pondering a Dukan hot chocolate - hot skimmed milk, wee bit of oatbran to thicken and chocolate and vanilla flavouring?

Ho hum... have been busy freezing grated orange zest to add to porridge, what an exciting evening!

Back