Caledonian Dukan

I spend a Sunday morning baking muffins & cooking a couple of meals for the week to bring up with me .... Can't say I spend all my time making yoghurt though as you bung everything in at the start switch the yoghurt machine on and leave for 8 hours... Best purchase ever made lol

Well definitely got PMT - was sat last night scoffing a huge bowl of SF jelly with sweetened Total, washed it down with diet coke. Lovely and definitely helped. Haven't seen my DH for weeks, and we see him tomorrow yippee!! Very excited.

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat with hubbies away from home. hope you're having a marvellous time! Gonna see my DH today for the first time in 58 days!!!

Missing my hubby rather a lot today, 40 more days till I see him! TOTM and feeling crap, then I hear on the radio that the clocks go back tonight - I thought it was next month. Having a lovely pre-schooler who ALWAYS wakes you at 6a.m. becomes being up at 5a.m. On a Sunday. Wonderful. On the bright side I made butternut squash and red pepper soup today and found it rather fun. Noshed a couple of cloves of roasted garlic - only good thing about not being in same place as hubby is I can have huge amounts of garlic (he hates it). Made SF jelly as a treat earlier, then decided to give it to the kids instead. ???? Now I want some but can't be bothered to make it!

I am sooo tired. Achingly tired. Going to have to resort to copious amounts of caffeine to get me through the rest of a rather busy day. Todays PV menu - porridge with vanilla and sweetener, ham and onion quiche, butternut squash & red pepper soup, cold beef slices, rhubarb and yoghurt.

Bad sore throat and headache, kids all full of the cold too. Wish I could have a spoonfull of honey like they are! Food tastes like sawdust. Yuck. On the bright side, beautiful autumnal weather and just saw my Mum for the first time in four years, which was lovely. Looking into a working a plot of land at the nearby community gardens so plenty of veg and fun work for the family. Two more hours of walking still to do today; looking forward to bed.

Try this for a sore throat. Make a tea of about 6 cloves and an inch or so of cinnamon. Let it steep for about 5-10 minutes then drain off the bits and sip slowly. Add sweetener if you like.

Don't use powdered, it'll stick on your throat and hurt. Also don't let it steep all night and then drink it, it can get too strong.

Cinnamon and cloves are hefty anti bacterials.

Bad sore throat and headache, kids all full of the cold too. Wish I could have a spoonfull of honey like they are! Food tastes like sawdust. Yuck. On the bright side, beautiful autumnal weather and just saw my Mum for the first time in four years, which was lovely. Looking into a working a plot of land at the nearby community gardens so plenty of veg and fun work for the family. Two more hours of walking still to do today; looking forward to bed.[/]

My Granny made us gargle salt water before bed and wear a sock around our neck throughout the night when we had a sore throat when we were little. Always did the trick! Lovely to see your mum after so long and love the idea of growing your own veggies. Hope you feel better soon. :)Xx

Well, still feel crap. My son is well into his third week of this and is still bad, so I think I have a way to go before I feel ok. Have been going to bed at same time as kids all week as am exhausted. Really don't feel in the mood for eating but forcing myself to - think I'll make chicken and cabbage soup tomorrow; that might be easier to get down. 168 lbs now which is great - I've lost 70lbs by doing this diet!! My god, just think of seventy bags of sugar, that really is well done and am trying to feel proud of myself. Only 30 more bags of sugar to lose!!

Yippee, scales are below 12 stone - 11stone 13 and 1/4 this morning!!! Lovely morale booster. PP today - porridge, ham and cheese quiche, chicken breasts x 2, SF jelly and yoghurt. And lots of warm drinks to soothe my throat. Daughter has highland dancing class this afternoon other side of the city and then it's MIL's for dinner before going to a firework display. Need some energy urgently! 33 days until I see my husband, can't wait - you definitely don't take each other for granted when you have to spend lots of time apart, miss him like crazy.
Found out yesterday that my son is on the autistic spectrum, can't say it was a surprise - in fact it was a relief that somebody was finally hearing me rather than dismissing my worries as "paranoid mum". Feel so heartsick that he is, and will continue to, find life so challenging but getting started on research and now's a good time to be buying helpful toys for him as Christmas presents!

HI CD I have 2 autistic nephews .... different sides of the family . my sister did a lot of research when her son was diagnosed he was almost at school when somone finaly realised (sister kept dismissing that there was something wrong when either myself or mum commented) the information she found out helped a lot as there are so many different types of autisim

Well done on the weightless, hon and hope you're beginning to feel more energised after being unwell.

Is your wee boy at school or playschool? It's difficult news to hear but sometimes perhaps easier to know and be able to move forward and improve his quality of life. There is so much more awareness of autism nowadays and schools are much more in tune with the best ways for autistic children to learn. the teachers should be able to give you support and help you to access other support networks.

Take care. :)Xx

Firework display last night - first ever one in a city and my, it was incredible! Almost worth the crush of people but I think on balance I prefer smaller organised ones. Daughter coughing so much she keeps being sick, my sore throat is getting worse every day - don't want to talk today so the kids are going to get away with murder! MIL made roast leg of lamb last night and even had SF jelly made up for me (and the kids!) which was lovely. Haven't had lamb for soo long, it was delicious. Today is lazing around in pyjamas and maybe making some homemade playdough up.

Ugh, want my lunch early but seriously can't be bothered to make it. Maybe a cup of tea to fortify myself first? If only my DH was here, he drinks tea constantly and makes them for me too! Och well, I'm being lazy!!!!

Bleurgh, just how long are we all going to be ill for? Son in his 4th week of it now! Anyway, bought goji berries for first time today - nibbled one, ok but different - going to reconstitute them I think. Goji berry porridge for us all tomorrow morning I think. Craving stodge and chocolate. Must resist. It would only be comfort eating and I wouldn't feel any better afterwards. Oh but for a Galaxy!

Hi CD sorry to hear of your worries about your son. Over the years I have worked with post 16 students with Autism, I will be honest its been a difficult journey for them to get to college but people now are far more aware and accepting of people who are different. My college is very inclusive and we as staff get intensive training to help us support students with disabilities/difficulties.
Keep on shouting love and you will both get there.
Hope you and the family will soon be feeling better. x

Thanks Chris - just this minute got an Amazon delivery (got a book about play and learning with kids on the spectrum) - and hope this and other research will help me feel less useless. Could also do with a hug from my DH as feel quite tearful, only a month left till he's here. Not giving in to Galaxy, having SF jelly instead.

{{{HUGS}}}}
There is so much info out there, now that you know the issue you will be able to work with it and know that you are being useful to your son, even if it doesn't seem readily apparent! Find some space to get the tears out if you need too - tears actually carry away stress hormones, so if you are feeling the need for a good cry - go for it! Write out a long letter to your DH about all you are feeling - especially how much you miss him. Pet the dogs, punch a punching bag (I have one it helps), listen to music - do all the things that help you release and cope with emotions and stress other than eating. Repressing them without the chance to release them is one of the biggest mistakes we make :)
{{{{HUGS}}}}}

{{{HUGS}}}}
There is so much info out there, now that you know the issue you will be able to work with it and know that you are being useful to your son, even if it doesn't seem readily apparent! Find some space to get the tears out if you need too - tears actually carry away stress hormones, so if you are feeling the need for a good cry - go for it! Write out a long letter to your DH about all you are feeling - especially how much you miss him. Pet the dogs, punch a punching bag (I have one it helps), listen to music - do all the things that help you release and cope with emotions and stress other than eating. Repressing them without the chance to release them is one of the biggest mistakes we make :)
{{{{HUGS}}}}}

You are so right! Think I'm struggling at the minute as I have no time away from three young children (DH away). So the things I would do (swimming, going to gym) to release pent up emotion I can't. Reading and sleeping are the only things I can do, and I am, but they don't work as well at getting rid of tension. Only 6 months still to go before he's here for good!

Back