Caledonian Dukan

Up a pound and a half!! Not happy!! Going to make cabbage soup (Dukan calls it Miracle Soup I think?) next veg day to see whether that helps. Now I really am tense! Pilates DVD tonight I think.

Pilates is good - being sick and stressed will make you retain the water weight, so don't beat yourself up about the pound and half. Is everyone starting to feel better or are they still fighting the virus? - our version of it has been going on for 3 weeks! I always found the sound of my son's laughter to be the best medicine for the stress and depression when my DH was away, so if they are better it is time for some controlled chaos like pillow fights or tickle tag :)

Don't worry it will go, may be if you've been taking cold remedies etc if you can do Dukan while you have these worries and you are on your own and feeling ill then you can do anything - CD you are a very strong young lady :)

All still ill, two youngest on antibiotics now so should help - have decided to do without the throat spray I've been using in case this has an effect. It's the Vicks one and definitely works but would rather be sore than be putting weight on! Am going to pat myself on the back more for losing weight and trying to lose more, it isn't easy and we should all be very proud of ourselves!!

Hear hear, have been following your diary and your weight loss has been great so sure that wee weight gain will have gone before the morning. Sure the soy might be your demon.

Daren't go to bed, might find I've put even more weight on in the morning - stupid but there is a tiny part of me that nervously expects to have put it ALL back on again every time I stand on the scales. Wonder whether I'm strong enough not to go on the scales for at least a week? It must come off in the end...

Darn it - up another 1/2lb!! Have put on 2lbs in less than a week, not good. Going to be very strict. Not going to weigh again for a week, avoid salt and put a new battery in the scales and also write down here EXACTLY what I eat. Going to also do 2PP followed by 1 PV until I'm losing again. I know how to do this yet can't work out what I'm doing wrong so:
Day 1
1 large tsp of goji berries reconstituted in oatbran porridge made with Alpro Soya Light milk
2 large cups of tea with Alpro Soya Light milk
2 litres sparkling water
2 x chicken breasts
Mackerel mini quiches with cayenne pepper x 4

Last edited:
Morning Caledonia

Do not despair!! You have come a long way and looking at your profile are doing fabulous! :D I am pretty certain the weight will not jump on over night but know how disheartening putting it on can be. Stay off the scales for a week (I am also a bit scales obsessed so again easier said than done) but I know weight goes up and down so easy its not worth disappointing yourself. I know for me if I got a few add ons in a week that by the 3rd I would probably cave in and think 'oh whats the point'.

Stick with it and write everything down on here - that way you can look back and see if anything was to blame. Have you got a weeks diary that was very successful? I have been keeping a little book so I can a) look back and see meals I enjoyed and b) if I am struggling do that successful week again.

Hope you all feel better soon - its poop being ill especially when everyone has it and all you want is comfort food.

Keep positive and remember what you have achieved so far! :)

Day 2:
Oatbran porridge, 1/2 tsp sweetener, vanilla
Dukan egg custard
Stir fried turkey with chillis and garlic (500g)
3 litres sparkling water
2 large cups of tea with Alpro milk
Looking forward to a PV tomorrow, will have loads of leafy veg and rhubarb. I still need to lose another stone for my BMI to be "healthy" so trying to stay positive as I cannot give in. Feel overwhelmed by life at the minute and desperately wanting wine and chocolate, my self-control is amazing as I want them A LOT! Think I'll go have some more water.

Last edited:
oh keep going girl, don't give in now. Defo stay off those darn scales, change the battery and keep the menus coming, miss maintainer will let you know if you are going wrong. I read your diary regularly and am inspired by how much you have lost. Whilst you are ill don't beat yourself up, it will all be better when you are feeling better! Can't help with the children being sick too and if I am right your OH works away!!! Don't cave in keep as strong as you have for the last months on Dukan! Rooting for you.

PS - lordy girl just noticed from your stats that you have nearly lost 30% of you whole body!!! That's got to be inspiring x

Stay strong CD - you are doing so amazingly well! I'm not a very crafty person, but one thing I have found that helps me when I really am fighting the urge to have choc and wine (oh yeah) is to work on a sewing project. I am a horrible seamstress, but I have so many pairs of pants that I need to take in and I don't want to buy all new clothes yet. When I sit and work on the sewing and measuring of the pants, it focuses me on how far I've come and keeps my hands and head busy - if my mind wanders I stick the needle through my finger :) BY the time I've finished a pair, I am no longer craving the comfort food.

Stay strong CD - you are doing so amazingly well! I'm not a very crafty person, but one thing I have found that helps me when I really am fighting the urge to have choc and wine (oh yeah) is to work on a sewing project. I am a horrible seamstress, but I have so many pairs of pants that I need to take in and I don't want to buy all new clothes yet. When I sit and work on the sewing and measuring of the pants, it focuses me on how far I've come and keeps my hands and head busy - if my mind wanders I stick the needle through my finger :) BY the time I've finished a pair, I am no longer craving the comfort food.

Ha Ha, bizarrely I am exactly the same. Whilst I've always known how to sew I've never done as much as in the last few months. Something very peaceful in sewing, even mending jeans which I used to loathe!

Well, I am finally feeling slightly better - slept for 10 hours solid last night which I very rarely do and obviously needed, throat's slightly better and all three wee ones are on antibiotics so are also slowly getting there. Feel much stronger Dukan-wise, have to admit that if I could have left the house last night for some chocolate/wine I probably would have done. Good thing the kids were in bed so I was stuck in!! DH and I discussing it this morning, have to both continue until our BMIs are in the "healthy" range, for the sake of our kids and ourselves. Am going to make cabbage soup tonight ready for tomorrow's PV - lots of chopping whilst listening to Radio 2 (I know, my Friday evening rocks!)

Keep strong CD I know u can do it - have a long soak in the bath when the children are in bed, light a few candles and read a good book - bliss! I love my crafting hobbies certainly helps me keep on the straight and narrow ;)

keep going girl you have done fab so far... the chocci & wine will taste yuk anyway :p

Day 3 PV finally:
B - Oatbran porridge with Alpro milk and vanilla, cup of tea.
L - Cabbage Soup, 2 boiled eggs, cup of tea
D - Mince with mushrooms, cabbage, cup of tea
S - Rhubarb and yoghurt,
2-3 litres of water
Got to take the 6 year old Highland Dancing this p.m. and the wee ones and I go to a nearby cafe to wait. It is a lovely place: plants everywhere (including the ceiling), all the broadsheets, mismatched chairs/tables, dominoes on every table, freshly squeezed juices and lovely looking cake. And reggae music. On a wet Glaswegian afternoon it is a delight.

Well, I couldn't resist the scales; funny how they are harder to resist than jam doughnuts. :eek: Anyway, I have now taken the 2lbs I gained off and dropped a further pound :D
Am definitely going to only weigh myself every Sunday from now on. If I can!!
Todays PP
B - Oatbran porridge, vanilla, cinnamon, Alpro milk
S - Yoghurt flavoured with SF raspberry jelly crystals (Lovely, wish I'd tried this before, am going to freeze some too)
L - mini ham quiche x 4
D - Either mince or stirfried turkey
3 litres of sparkling water + tea/coffee
Lazy morning doing art and craft with kids and wee bit of cleaning, then out to the park as I think it's going to be another lovely day. So happy that I'm going in the right direction - DH is on long stall so need to keep supporting him.

well done :D

Wearing Next skinny jeans - size 10!:D:clap::banana dancer:. Clearly all of my excess weight is now on my top half! Very odd as I have been pear-shaped all of my life. A friend told me this morning that I have a gorgeous hour-glass figure! (What are friends for ;)) Anyway, annoyed as got wrong yoghurt in the shopping - luckily I noticed before having any and can give it to the kids but it means I have none.:cry:
Today's PP:
B -Oatbran porridge, vanilla
L - Beef slices & Boiled Egg
D -Stir fried Chicken with garlic and chilli powder
S -SF jelly (without yoghurt!)

Back