Calling all Irish!!!

Yeah i find the meetings very repeatative after a while of going to them..im not doing pro-points im doing the old discovery points plan, i know it inside out and its worked for me before! ten euro these days is a lot its just not worth it to go to class.

Yeah i find the meetings very repeatative after a while of going to them..im not doing pro-points im doing the old discovery points plan, i know it inside out and its worked for me before! ten euro these days is a lot its just not worth it to go to class.

I have to say I disagree with this - I've had poor leaders and excellent leaders and to be honest, if my leader is poor, I'll go to a different class. Some of it is repetitive but what I find invaluable is the setting aside of an hour each week where I focus on the fact that I want to continue to lose weight. By giving this time every week, I find I'm more focussed. We'd spend EUR10 very easily elsewhere and maybe the return from a WW meetings is worth a lot more than the EUR10 spend. Plus there are savings when you pre-purchase in advance so that's a good option too..

For me personally i don't drive so another meeting isn't an option. My mirror and my clothes are my motivation.

I just personally find €10 a week a little steep (especiallty compared to what uk prices are), and these days I cannot afford it to be honest!! But each to their own what works for some doesnt work for others! I find if my clothes are tight or something thats as much motivation to me as going to class. Everyone's different..the classes are good for motivation i will agree but find im doing just as well at the moment without..and like I said that €10 could be spent swimming a couple times a wk or on a few aerobics classes..Just my opinion :wavey:

I agree, everyone is different and we shouldn't say which way is best as what works for me wont work for someone else. Wish you continued success!

Now maybe if anyone has special offers or recommended products available in ROI please let us all know! It would be very helpful!!

I have to say I disagree with this - I've had poor leaders and excellent leaders and to be honest, if my leader is poor, I'll go to a different class. Some of it is repetitive but what I find invaluable is the setting aside of an hour each week where I focus on the fact that I want to continue to lose weight. By giving this time every week, I find I'm more focussed. We'd spend EUR10 very easily elsewhere and maybe the return from a WW meetings is worth a lot more than the EUR10 spend. Plus there are savings when you pre-purchase in advance so that's a good option too..

I agree. I like to stay at the class, sometimes you can get great tips, sometimes not, but I like to be able to sit and focus on my weightloss and motivate myself for the week ahead.

Hi everyone, what gorgeous weather! Just another deal in Dunnes this week - smoked rashers for EUR2.00 for a pack of 10 and they are only 3PP for two rashers - they're yummy!!

Dunnes also do their own brand of rasher medallions, 6 in a pack and its 3pp for the pack, so 2 medallions would be 1pp. They are very nice and are very reasonably priced at E1.49. I love putting them on a blt sandwich.

Bindi said:
Dunnes also do their own brand of rasher medallions, 6 in a pack and its 3pp for the pack, so 2 medallions would be 1pp. They are very nice and are very reasonably priced at E1.49. I love putting them on a blt sandwich.

That's great Bindi I must look out for them - love rashers - delighted I can still eat them, glad I'm not so fond of sausages! I will definitely try those!!

those rashers sound good..thanks for the tip!
Does anybody have any recommendation on breads?i find the ww bread and even the dunnes low fat one very thin and unfulfilling to be honest..one slice leaves me wanting more! Any body any ideas on any that are a little lower in points?

Tbh think the ww bread is awful and as far as I know 2 slices of it is 3pp, so not worth it. I ususally have the brennans wholegrain 2pp for 1 slice or 5pp for 2 slices, but its proper bread.
The ww sausages are really tasty, they are 1pp for 1 or 3pp for 2, or you can have 3 for 4pp. Only prob is they are very dear here, bout Eur3.69...but as the the dunnes rasher medallions, think they are the best buy at Eur1.49 for pack of 6 and 3pp in whole pack. BLT made with 2 bread and 2 medallions and 0pp salad works out at 6pp without your mayo. Thats whats on my lunch menu today

sounds good..i like the brennans wholegrain too! i always counted it as 1.5 points (the old points thats wat im on) and i just find its 100 times more fulfilling! I think i was pointing it about rite..i havent had ww sausages i must go searchin even to just give them a try! somebody told me once that those chilli or garlic sausages from aldi are only 2 points each aswell! and they can be very filling..i could be wrong i dont tink i ever pointed them myself but they'd be worth a look.

Tbh think the ww bread is awful and as far as I know 2 slices of it is 3pp, so not worth it. I ususally have the brennans wholegrain 2pp for 1 slice or 5pp for 2 slices, but its proper bread.
The ww sausages are really tasty, they are 1pp for 1 or 3pp for 2, or you can have 3 for 4pp. Only prob is they are very dear here, bout Eur3.69...but as the the dunnes rasher medallions, think they are the best buy at Eur1.49 for pack of 6 and 3pp in whole pack. BLT made with 2 bread and 2 medallions and 0pp salad works out at 6pp without your mayo. Thats whats on my lunch menu today

That's exactly the bread I use too Bindi - it's yum. I don't like the Brennans wholemeal at all but love the wholegrain and definitely worth the 2PP per slice too! I had rasher sandwiches three times this week and loads of salad in it. I used a tomato relish that Aldi do on the bread and it was heaven!!! The relish is similar to the Ballymaloe country relish - yum!! It's great we can still eat "normal" food on Propoints!!

Hi there, another Dublin girl here, just started weightwatchers and great thread idea for finding out about irish products.

hey guys, dublin girl here! i find dunnes great also for ww products, but try to buy alternatives like dunnes own brand light stuff cause ww products are so expensive! when im craving something sweet i eat a pink n white, they are 1 pp and are gorgeous if u put them in the microwave for a few seconds, the mallow goes all gooey its soo yum! :D

Hey, I'm a drogheda girl :) this is a great thread :) aswell dunes was the cheapest supermarket 47 weeks out of 52weeks in a study done recently :) so keep shopping there ;) my oh works in fruit and veg and there made reduce prices real early and They have much linger shelf life thans on the pack. So use yer bargain bin to cut prices. They sonetimes get dropped to like 10c :) good luck :)

hey guys, dublin girl here! i find dunnes great also for ww products, but try to buy alternatives like dunnes own brand light stuff cause ww products are so expensive! when im craving something sweet i eat a pink n white, they are 1 pp and are gorgeous if u put them in the microwave for a few seconds, the mallow goes all gooey its soo yum! :D

Hi Caroliano - I am a fan of pink and whites too!! Never knew you could microwave them - gonna try that!! They are great when you're craving sweet food.

Hey, I'm a drogheda girl :) this is a great thread :) aswell dunes was the cheapest supermarket 47 weeks out of 52weeks in a study done recently :) so keep shopping there ;) my oh works in fruit and veg and there made reduce prices real early and They have much linger shelf life thans on the pack. So use yer bargain bin to cut prices. They sonetimes get dropped to like 10c :) good luck :)

Hi gracienoods I saw that too - I often thought Dunnes was cheaper than Tesco in Ireland. I bought fruit/veg in Tesco recently having usually bought it in Lidl and it lasted no length so I think I'll be returning to fruit/veg in Lidl from now on!!

Enjoy the weekend everyone!!

Hi guys, had a good find recently. Superquinns Reduced fat garlic toasts are only 2 pp a slice. I had them with some tomatos and spinch and some Branston sweet onion relish I got in Lidl thats only a point for a tbsp. Gorgeous lunch for 5 pp.

Hey guys! I went to aldi today and they are doing lettuce, tomatoes, scallions, baby potatoes, carrots and parsnips and avocado's for 49 cent each!! Got them all today and had a bbq, used these for salads :) x

Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to weight watchers! Havent tried any diets before so i really am a newbie!!

Im from Dublin so this is a great forum to get local info ;-)

I started on Thurs 7/4/11 so ive a few more days before ive to get my first weigh in... very scary!!

I actually have a question I hope someone can answer.. I bought a WW beef lasange in Tesco yesterday and then I bought a WW beef lasagne in Iceland today, I noticed the packaging is completely diff.. the one I got in Tesco had "Classic range" on it and the Iceland on didnt The pro points are diff too, 7pp on the "classic range" and 6pp on the other?! It might just be that the classic range is tastier or something? Hope someone can help!

Thanks!!

Back