Calling all Irish!!!

Cici - I'm just wondering could one be from the old range and the Points value is on it in comparison to the other being from the new range and having the Propoints value?

Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to weight watchers! Havent tried any diets before so i really am a newbie!!

Im from Dublin so this is a great forum to get local info ;-)

I started on Thurs 7/4/11 so ive a few more days before ive to get my first weigh in... very scary!!

I actually have a question I hope someone can answer.. I bought a WW beef lasange in Tesco yesterday and then I bought a WW beef lasagne in Iceland today, I noticed the packaging is completely diff.. the one I got in Tesco had "Classic range" on it and the Iceland on didnt The pro points are diff too, 7pp on the "classic range" and 6pp on the other?! It might just be that the classic range is tastier or something? Hope someone can help!

Thanks!!

Cici - I'm just wondering could one be from the old range and the Points value is on it in comparison to the other being from the new range and having the Propoints value?

No.. I checked the packs and they're both the Pro points system!! :confused:

Hmm, curiouser and curiouser. Maybe they changed the recipe.

Yeah maybe so... I just thought when I saw the "classic range" that maybe the food is just a little nicer.. like the way Tesco have normal tesco brand and "tesco finest"...

Hi CiCi.. welcome!! and best of luck on ww :)... Id say they might have changed the recipe cause i noticed they do that every now and then x

Hi guys..just wondering does anybody have the point value for a slice of brown soda bread, like the brennans or dominics bakery soda bread.
Oh i tried those belvita breakfast biscuits at the wknd would def recommend them.. i dont know the pp in them but i pointed them at around 1 point each and they are very filling for a morning snack! Got mine in Superquinn for under €1.50 per box..

Hi CiCi.. welcome!! and best of luck on ww :)... Id say they might have changed the recipe cause i noticed they do that every now and then x

Awh thanks.. that may be it ;-) I'll keep an eye for that.. go for the ones with less points!!:p

Hi guys..just wondering does anybody have the point value for a slice of brown soda bread, like the brennans or dominics bakery soda bread.
Oh i tried those belvita breakfast biscuits at the wknd would def recommend them.. i dont know the pp in them but i pointed them at around 1 point each and they are very filling for a morning snack! Got mine in Superquinn for under €1.50 per box..

Hi fendigal

Yeah, the brown soda bread is usually around 3PP per slice but it depends on the ingredients so safer to check the pack.

I love the Belvita biscuits too. But I worked them out at 3PP for two of the biscuits. You might want to recheck your calculation..

Hi fendigal

Yeah, the brown soda bread is usually around 3PP per slice but it depends on the ingredients so safer to check the pack.

I love the Belvita biscuits too. But I worked them out at 3PP for two of the biscuits. You might want to recheck your calculation..

Yes, belvita biscuits are 6pp per pack of 4... they're very nice though and well worth the pp because they're filling :)

fendigal - Lidl do a beautiful Square Wheaten (brown soda bread with buttermilk.) It's by Mother's Pride and it's 99c. Even better, I worked it out at 2 propoints a slice / 4 propoints for 2 slices.

caroliano said:
had my first weigh in today and down 6 pound yay... anyone else get weighed today?

That's brilliant well done

Greetings everyone,

I'm new to MiniMins, but not to weight loss woes. I'm trying Weight Watchers, and to my surprise, it's working. Slowly, very slowly. But it's still going in the right direction.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I look forward to hearing from all of your combined experiences.

I'm off to my class this evening. I hope it goes well. *dread*

All the best,
Elle. : )

Hi guys..sorry i havent been online since lst wk. In relation to the belvita biscuits.. im not propoints im using the old discovery points system..thats why i had them pointed lower. They are delicious though and definately worth the points, im not able to eat a pack of 4.
Thanks for the tip on the lidl brown bread i'll have a look for it.
Best of luck to everyone with their weigh ins this wk.
Weighed myself lst nite, dwn 1lb but im not too disappointed because i had a wknd away this wknd and allowed myself to have a few drinks :)

Found lovely noodles, they are Amoy rice noodles 2 seperate portions in pack.
only 4pp per portion. U can throw them straight onto a pan with a spray of oil and soy sauce. They are really nice most other noodles 5-6.

Back