Calling all newbies...read me!

Hi Kat, just wanted to say that you shouldn't be disappointed with a 7kg loss, that's a great start. I'm not an expert but I understand SP days are designed to give your weight loss a boost for say a special occasion, and shouldn't be used long term. Have you tried posting a food diary on the forum? I found it a great help and got lots of support and advise from other members. Keep up the good work 😀
Thank you Lizzie for your encouraging words. I will persevere with this even though I feel like maybe its not working as well as it should.

Hi I am Kat and Im doing SW from home, I dont drive and I cant get to my nearest meeting so I have signed up on the website (with magazine) and am doing it at home. So far I am struggling to lose weight even though I am following the basic plan. I dont understand SP days and things like that. Ive been doing it for 6 weeks and have lost 7kg, which I am quite disappointed in. I have no choice but to stick with a diet and I do enjoy the food on SW - I cant help thinking that because I am enjoying it, I must be doing it wrong. I have A LOT of weight to lose.

I'm an online member too so hi! :)

7kg over 6 weeks is actually a brilliant loss so you should be really pleased with that. 1kg/2lbs a week is the considered acceptable, healthy amount to lose. Some "fad" diets might let you lose more but they aren't sustainable long term and not particularly good for your body or general health. It's also been proven that people who lose weight at the slower, healthier rate tend keep it off longer so there's that too. :)

And then there's this!

4fa25857916976c7743e7fa4ec03365f.jpg

Your 7kg = 15lbs . . . you've basically lost 3 x the amount of fat that's shown in that picture! :cool:

Hi everyone,

I am back doing slimming world in order to loose weight to get fertility treatment and for my wedding.

I have tried lots of diets, like completly cutting carbs out, and lost the same amount as I did on slimming world. I can actually stick to slimming world and like the food! Its also the only diet my doctor recommended for me with my mentle health issues (I was very ill as a teenager with an eating disorder).

I have PCOS so really struggle to loose weight and I find it so deflating when I can only loosing 0.5kg a week, when others loose so much :(

Since I started dieting in October I have lost 6kgs. I had put back on 2kg following a miscarriage in February and comfort eating, but went back to slimming world and lost 2kg in my first week.

I am going it alone with the books I had when I tried slimming world 2 or 3 years ago. I didn't like the classes or the consultant and found it very deflating.

I am new to this site so just starting to find out what its all about.

Hi I am a newbie to the site but not SW. two years ago I was attending class and slowly losing weight ( I am a 1lb a week
girl if I am lucky ) which in it self is hard when all around people are losing lbs!
on July10th 2016 i was blue lighted to hospital and to cut a long story short was finally given the correct diagnoses of
an Aortic dissection, which is rare and along with a aneurysm, damaged kidney etccccc the list goes on!
so after years of dieting ( gold weight at ww twice) i thought stuff it i will eat what i like.
so two years on and two dress sizes up and feeling uncomfortable and unhappy i rejoined SW, having not been near
the scales i was horrified to be at full term pregnancy weight which i have not been in 46 years! yes i am a senior in years,
but not in the head.
i am limited to what exercise I can do but got a little puppy 6 months after taking ill so it is walking for me, but I have now
lost 1.51/2 lbs since the middle of January, and am back at my normal starting weight so another stone to go.
i know it is going to take a while to get there but when I do i am determined to maintain and that is the hard part!
looking forward to hearing your stories, tips and recipes.

Hi!

I've been doing Slimming World since January but have only lost 15lb. Its always 2 steps forwards and 1 back with me losses it seems. And I only ever get small losses (don't think I'll ever get my hands on a slimmer of the week certificate!)
So I've joined the site in the hope that it might give me a bit more support and motivation!

Hi!

I've been doing Slimming World since January but have only lost 15lb. Its always 2 steps forwards and 1 back with me losses it seems. And I only ever get small losses (don't think I'll ever get my hands on a slimmer of the week certificate!)
So I've joined the site in the hope that it might give me a bit more support and motivation!
Hey Jrrosh
Well done on the 15lb loss so far, better than my what seems to be annual 15lb gain!
I lost all my baby weight 2 years ago but seem to have gain it all back plus some - after many miserable months, today I am back on it!!! Doing it alone as I’m not into the whole round robin chats in group.
So far today, I’ve done 10 laps power walking round my running track with pram, equalling 3miles! Salad for lunch, plan for tea is salmon with speed veg and little rice.
Good luck and like u I’m hoping to stay focused via the site! I’ve made loads of recipes from Pinch of Nom in the past.

Hi!

Welcome!!
15lbs is 15lbs and it's gone forever!! Well done!

Hi!

I think it really helps to post regularly. Maybe do a diary, or post what's working and what isn't in the SW thread. Perhaps you can join the Slimmer for Xmas thread. You set your target (maybe ask yr leader to help you) and report once a week. We are on all sorts of diets on that thread. Also read past SW success stories and threads, and post when you are happy or low. We're a supportive bunch!

Hi everyone. I’m new to minimins but have been doing slimming world for a couple of years now. I have been taking it slow rather than throwing myself into it too hard as I know I’d crash and burn that way. besides, the weight took years to go on and I’m in this for life so I’m ok with it coming off slowly. Lately though it’s slowed to a full stop (up two lbs, down a lb and a half, up half a lb, down a lb, you get the idea). I need to knuckle down and get myself back on plan properly. Glad to have found this site where I can get a little extra help and hopefully help others 😁

Really good to hear so many of us are in the same place. It truly is difficult to stay motivated and on track. I’m determined I am going to lose 2 stone by July. I was diagnosed with breast cancer September 2018 and put weight on. I honestly thought chemo would make me lose weight. All clear now and back to work Onwards and upwards for 2020 and good luck to everyone

Back