Discover Calorie Crusader's Diary

Hiya hunny..
Glad youve enjoyed yer valentines evening..well done on the spin class,never done it but think its too brutal for me...

not long till the holibobs :D x

Glad you had a good Valentine's Day. That meal sounds really tasty! Hope you enjoy your meal out with your friend today - I now have a craving for chinese! :) Might have to get some at the weekend! xx

chicken schnitzel sounds amazing! glad you had a nice day off - how did you manage that? :D x

Sorry Laura! I know the feeling, I think I'm addicted to Chinese at the moment!!

Fuzz and rach it's my "hollibobs" just now, it's mid term break up here just now so off yest and today, then a wee inset day on Wednesday so an easy wee week!!

Well up early this morning and went for a swim before going out for lunch, at least it will ease some of the guilt!! Legs are a little tired from spin last night, and we are going again 2moro....must be mad!!! :)

ah, ours is next week.. i forget the differences - one of our guys in atm to fix the IT solutions is from scotland and he was whinging on monday about how the kids are still about haha :) x

I love it when the kids are hanging around, means I can hang around too :)

Well disaster has struck today, was running for the train this afternoon, only had a few mins b4 it left station and I went over my ankle, gap in pavement where the stank was. Anyway I think I've torn the ligaments, done it b4 in the past and it's unbearable!! Swollen right up and bruising :( :( I'm not amused as it means I'll need to take time of from the gym!!! Not a happy bunny!! Come to think of it not sure how I'm gonny get to work, struggling to drive :( oh happy days

Oh no joanne..that sounds very painful,will you just need to rest it then....im in pain too finding it hard just to sit at the PC..tis not good is it hope your ligaments heal quickly take care x

Oh no, that sounds so painful! You'll have to rest it so that you don't do any further damge.
Like Jo said - try not to worry about things that you can't do anything about!
Hope that the swelling goes down soon and that it's not too painful! :hug99: xx

ooops in the wars! That sounds painful, I have done similar before and it hurts alot hun. I can't remember how long it took to heal but you need to be careful not to do anything to worsen the injury. Its no good you will have to rest it and put your feet up! Try to take care and don't worry to much about things you can do nothing about (like work).

Hope you recover soon! Jo x

Well I'm missing spin tonight and I'm not happy about it :cry: never mind I'll just need to get over it. I'm trying my best to rest it, but I just don't do rest I'm afraid, I may go insane if I rest for too long!!

Oh no, that sounds so painful! You'll have to rest it so that you don't do any further damge.
Like Jo said - try not to worry about things that you can't do anything about!
Hope that the swelling goes down soon and that it's not too painful! :hug99: xx

Thanks Laura and hug appreciated :) it's not as painful today so don't think its as bad as I first thought!

Oh you poor thing - I hope the swelling has gone down a tad this morning, if not maybe you should get yourself to A&E? I don't want to think of you struggling.

You're doing so well :) xxx

Hi, thanks for popping in! I've torn ligaments in my ankle before a couple of times so I know the drill, tubi grip and painkillers..no need for A & E (ill keep a close eye on it though!) Thanks for the encouragement too, hope things are going well for you!

Well I think my ankle isn't as bad as I first feared! It's still very swollen and bruised and painful to walk on but nowhere near as bad as it's been in the past when I've torn ligaments. Think I may have just strained them?? Anyway I'm hoping it won't be too long until I'm back in business!! The annoying thing is I've finally managed to get booked into Zumba this saturday (the first since new year) and now I don't think I'll be able to go now, damn it!!

Today's food..
(B) 2 ww toast 1
ham and flora lite 1
(L) melba toast 1
pate 2
velvet crunch 1
yoghurt 1.5
(D) chicken breast 2.5
madras paste 1
half tin tom soup 2
rice 4.5
(snacks) 2 quality street 2
ginger crunch biscuit 1.5

Total points... 20pts

Oh no re-the zumba class....but you do need to rest your ankle hunny,i know its soooooooooooo bloomin annoying i hate resting too....sooooooooooooo boring!!...enjoy yer chillaxing evening chuck xx

Oh no re-the zumba class....but you do need to rest your ankle hunny,i know its soooooooooooo bloomin annoying i hate resting too....sooooooooooooo boring!!...enjoy yer chillaxing evening chuck xx

Thanks Fuzz, you're right I do hate resting....its not in my nature!!! Hope your pain is easing off a little too!! x

I'm glad that your ankle may not be as badly injured as you first thought - although you still should make sure you give it plenty of rest - even if that is boring. Although if you get too bored at least you can come on here! :D
Hopefully it will mend quickly and you can get back to the exercise! xx

Hi, I am glad you think it isn't as bad as before but still take it easy. Its a shame you will have to miss your class but there will be time to catch up on exercise once your foot has recovered.

I tell you what I will do some extra for you if you like :D, take care. Jo x

Thanks for that Jo, I've counted some of your steps from today so hope they'll help with my WI 2moro :p If you could lose a pound or two for me to that would be terrific ha!! x

I'm glad that your ankle may not be as badly injured as you first thought - although you still should make sure you give it plenty of rest - even if that is boring. Although if you get too bored at least you can come on here! :D
Hopefully it will mend quickly and you can get back to the exercise! xx

Thanks Laura, there is always the plus side that I can spend more time on here...always a bonus!! I've cancelled all my classes until Monday so I'll see how it is by then x

Ankle is definately easing off thank goodness (our very kind janitor in school made my slap on arnicare about 10 times yesterday so think its possibly helped!) However I had the most excrutiating cramp around my ankle this morning??? Very strange I think it must be the way I'm walking and compensating for my ankle. Anyway when I went to stretch this morning in bed the pain shooting round my ankle and lower shin was ridiculous and I would say thats been sorer today than ankle itself, nightmare!!

So all classes at gym are cancelled until Monday at least, I'll see how things are then. My dad's getting home at the weekend again so will spend some time there - we can watch the footie together on Sunday. We've had a bit of a time last few days, the staff got his medication doses mixed up on tues and he was v.unwell yesterday, but he's much better today thank goodness...he's just having such a time of it poor soul!!

Tomorrow is Friday :D woo hoo! but that also means tomorrow is WI day. Again I'm not feeling too confident, have been on track food wise but not much exercise. I think I'm doubting any loss over last few weeks because I've just not had time to think about how I've been doing, just going with the flow, but I'll find out tomorrow. I've also made a point of eating ALL my points rather than leaving one or two a day so we'll see what difference that makes too!! (fingers crossed!) :D

hope the ankle is healed soon hun.. nothing worse than an injury! :( xxx

Glad that the ankle is getting better, hopefully the other pain you have will go soon too!
That's great news that you're dad is coming home this weekend, hope he is feeling better now after you said they mixed up his meds.
Good luck for WI today! :D xx

Thank you everyone for good luck messages for WI...however, I had a STS :sigh: It was bound to happen sooner or later as I've lost every other week! I'm not getting too down about it, even though I've been eating well. I'm just hoping it means a bigger loss next week.

Ankle seems to be getting better a little each day, think I'll need to give gym a rest for one more week then should be good to go. I might try swimming over the weekend, that shouldn't be too bad for ankle.

Today's food has been:
(B) 2 ww toast 1
flora lite and ham 1
(L) melba toast 1
pate 2
walkers light 1.5
yoghurt 1.5
(D) half a fried rice 5
a tiny bit of kung po chicken 2
half beef chow mein 4.5
curry sauce 1

points so far... 20.5pts