Discover Calorie Crusader's Diary

Hi CC. Sorry to hear your dad isnt well . I hope he is feeling better and home again soon.

Congrats on the decorating . Sometimes I wish my house was all one colour . We have loads of different colours . The rooms dont seem to flow together then if you know what I mean!!!

Good morning CC. Wow, sounds like you've boundless energy! Best of luck with the WI, you're diary looks very interesting. Sorry to hear your Dad is in hospital, Hopefully the scan will bring good news.

Enjoy the hike in Fife. You will have earned that fish supper!

Michillinwoman said:
Hi CC. Sorry to hear your dad isnt well . I hope he is feeling better and home again soon.

Congrats on the decorating . Sometimes I wish my house was all one colour . We have loads of different colours . The rooms dont seem to flow together then if you know what I mean!!!

Hi Brenda, thanks got fingers crossed for dad! The rooms in my house certainly flow together, they are all the same bloody colour....BEIGE!!!! Now that we've started we can't stop ha! Kitchen is now in our sites!!! X

CelticTiger said:
Good morning CC. Wow, sounds like you've boundless energy! Best of luck with the WI, you're diary looks very interesting. Sorry to hear your Dad is in hospital, Hopefully the scan will bring good news.

Enjoy the hike in Fife. You will have earned that fish supper!

I think CT it's probably more nervous energy at the mo, been such a long journey with my dad over the last 5 years but that horrible feeling in your stomach never goes away each time he's ill.....keeping ridiculously busy helps :)

Fife hike on hold for now till things settle down a little, hopefully it'll be soon!

Bit of a depressing update from me....dad got scan and has gallstones which is a relief thats all it is. He's receiving such strong pain control day to day for his other probs that he didn't experience any symptoms until he was "septic" for now they are treating him with anti Bs and hoping that will resolve it but may may need surgery which could be hugely problematic....anyway not thinking about that just now!

After visiting my dad straight from work then had to head over to hosp in Glasgow, my uncle has been told he has "days", headed up to my cousins shes not too great...so all in all it's been a truely awful day!

Food could have been better had chinese and wine oops: here was yest food:

(B) 2 toast and ham. 2
(L) wrap ham coleslaw. 2.5
Velvet crunch. 1
Ww caramel wafer. 1.5
(snack) walkers baked. 1.5
Lemon slice. 1.5
(D) half Singapore chow mein. 4
Half chips. 4
Curry sauce. 1
wine. 2

Total. 21pts

Not too bad after all! WI was STS, although seems irrelevant at the mo x

Aw CC . Hope your dad is feeling better today. Sorry to hear about your uncle. Isnt it terrible how these things often come together. Dont worry about WW too much at the moment . Family comes first ..

Aww Jo im sorry to hear bout your dad really hope he feels much better when the meds kick in....(((((hugs)))))...

Weve just got the kitchen finished..ha ha i should have dinner parties more often it makes me get orfa me butt and get down to some serious work!!LOL...good luck with yours

Well done on the sts chuck..im bloomin dreading Monday...LOL im gonna get soooooooo told orf!!yikes :sigh: xx

sorry to hear about your uncle hun. your cousin must be very grateful for the support xxx

Michillinwoman said:
Aw CC . Hope your dad is feeling better today. Sorry to hear about your uncle. Isnt it terrible how these things often come together. Dont worry about WW too much at the moment . Family comes first ..

Hi dad was a little brighter thanks, and you're right these things do have a habit of coming together!! X

Fuzzy23 said:
Aww Jo im sorry to hear bout your dad really hope he feels much better when the meds kick in....(((((hugs)))))...

Weve just got the kitchen finished..ha ha i should have dinner parties more often it makes me get orfa me butt and get down to some serious work!!LOL...good luck with yours

Well done on the sts chuck..im bloomin dreading Monday...LOL im gonna get soooooooo told orf!!yikes :sigh: xx

Hi fuzzy hope your dinner party went well and everyone loved your menu (which of course they would!!!) good luck for your WI 2moro, ah you'll be fine! X

Karen said:
sorry to hear about your uncle hun. your cousin must be very grateful for the support xxx

Cheers Karen, x

Hi all dad seemed a little brighter today but not really picking up as quickly as I hoped, the doctor said one of the stones has moved and is blocking some cavity so it could be likely that it's surgery at beginning of the week! This can be really complicated for my.....he has cancer of the blood so surgery is always risky for him! Anyway we'll see what today brings!

Uncle is still hanging in there, it's a v.complicated situation...who's family isn't eh?! There is a lot of resentment and he's done a lot of horrible things in his time...it's difficult because no one really is grieving the way they should be if you know what I mean?! If I'm honest I've only been over for the sake of my cousins and aunt...my priority right now is definately my dad!!

Anyway I'm such a depressing dan at the moment, some better news is that decorating continues today, OH is working away while I'm doing my visiting duties! We are painting the downstairs toilet "blueberry White" and the big wall in our kitchen "roasted red" can't wait to see them done!

I went over pints by about 5 yesterday...will try and claw some back and will be at the gym this week if I find time! X

CC, Every family has there skeletons dont worry!!. Your dad is probably on a lot of medication for pain with Gallstones (had one attack myself -will never forget it)so is bound to be a little "out of it " if you know what I mean.. Hopefully they may be able to do that surgery by keyhole so it wont be too invasive. Thinking of you ..

lots of best wishes for your dads quick recovery after surgery. prehaps it will move again so that it can be avoided. if not, i hope the same as Breda, that its less invasive. thinking of you chuck xx.

CC, Every family has there skeletons dont worry!!. Your dad is probably on a lot of medication for pain with Gallstones (had one attack myself -will never forget it)so is bound to be a little "out of it " if you know what I mean.. Hopefully they may be able to do that surgery by keyhole so it wont be too invasive. Thinking of you ..

Thanks Brenda x

lots of best wishes for your dads quick recovery after surgery. prehaps it will move again so that it can be avoided. if not, i hope the same as Breda, that its less invasive. thinking of you chuck xx.

Thank you Karen x

Well quick update from me, dad more or less the same today...will find out more tomorrow once they have done another scan, nothing ever really happens over the weekend in hospitals. No change with uncle either!

Food has been much better today and I've managed to save some points to combat damage from the weekend. It is 6 weeks today that I go away on holiday so this is definately it!!! I'm being very strict from now on, I'm really sick off STSs or wee half pounds here and there!! Exercise has to happen this week and loads of water intake!!

Food today:
late breakfast... ww toast and ham 2
snack ww jaffa roll 1.5
dinner sweet and sour quorn
bites (v.yum!!) 7
couple of homemade chips 1
snack yoghurt and rasberries 2

total for today 13.5pts

Hi CC, my thoughts are with you and your family. We live in great countries, once you're not ill...

Hi CC, my thoughts are with you and your family. We live in great countries, once you're not ill...

Absolutely...although I have to say Conor my dad's care over the last few years from NHS has been second to none, can't complain!!

I am sorry to read your Dad is unwell hun. I do hope he will soon be on the mend. It sounds like you have been spreading your support with your Uncle being ill as well. Like you said your Dad has to come first......... everything else can be put on the back burner.

I hope your day has been ok today and that you have an easier week ahead. Take care.... Jo x

Hi Jo

Really good to see you back, hope you are fully refreshed and had a great week! x

Went to see dad today and he seemed a little brighter than he has. He says he is feeling fine but is really down at having to spend time in hospital..he is itching to get home. I think his spirits were lifted when the doctor said today there may be a chance if the antibiotics are doing as they should he can be given an oral form and take the rest at home. If this is the case he'll need to come back in in 4-6 weeks as an outpatient to have gallbladder removed. He is delighted at the prospect of getting home but I'm not holding my breath. They are going to make a decision tomorrow but they have told him a different thing each day over the weekend. I just hope he gets the news he's hoping for tomorrow otherwise I fear he may slump back into depression mode! It's really hard to watch as my dad is always in such high spirits even throughout all his previous illness. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!! Uncle is much the same, no change for him, will try and get over and see him at some point during the week!

Can't believe it's monday again, the weeks are flying in. We finish up for the school holidays 4 weeks on friday..can't believe it! Where has the year gone?!

Food good again today managed to save a couple more points! I'm going to try and fit in spin before visiting tomorrow, needs to be done!

Food:
(B) 2 ww toast and ham 2
(L) crispbread and pate 3
velvet crunch 1
yoghurt 1.5
(D) chicken 2
carrot, spring onions, onions,
beansprouts
soy sauce, flora extra light 1
noodles 4
(snacks) velvet crunch 1
ww jaffa roll 1.5

Total points today... 17pts

Hi CC, glad to hear your Dad is a bit more chipper. Hopefully, the news to-day about his impending release home will soon come to pass.

I was commenting about our Health systems in the context that I have a cousin living on the Isle of Wight, a young lady, suffered a stroke, half her body is paralysed and sadly the medics have given up on her. She is living in a residential unit for stroke patients, but even in the past 12 months the support and services have seen savage cut-backs. No doubt about it, your health is your wealth!

Hope you have a good week,

Regards,

Conor

ah hope your dad is home very soon then Jo. lots of love xxx

Hi CC, Hope your dad was in good form today.

Hope you dont mind if I ask you a question . How did you get the silver sevens at the bottom of your signature ??
Got my first one today:wee: and would love to see them like that.

Back