Calories and slimming world

*_*cupcake*_*

Silver Member
Hi all I thought today that I'd count the calories in my food and so far without tea I'm at 800 cals!

And for tea ill most prob have rice with something like quorn peices, veg and sauce but that will be alot of calories espesh for the rice.

I just don't understand how we can eat so many carbs which contain alot of calories and still lose weight.

Not that I'm sure how many calories we need to intake to lose weight to be honest.

Has anyone else thougt about this? X

im not sure about calorie counting and sw, but i think the daily amount of calories for a woman is about 1500?

I am starting to use my fitnesspal today and see how I get on as I think I'm eating to many carbs xxx

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.''

The beauty of SW is that as long as you follow the plan with respect to your 1/3 superfree, measuring healthy extras, and measuring syns, you won't need to count calories. Just follow the plan and trust in it.

IF you find you are not losing as you think you should, show your C your food diary. The plan works differently for different people. In my early days on SW I was obviously desperate to have massive losses every week, and I read on here that a lot of people would have better losses on red days, so I started doing those, and actually found that my losses were smaller, so I have stuck to mainly green days ever since which suits me as I find them more satisfying :D

There's a natural calorie count in the plan, you must only eat until satisfied not stuffed or bursting.

If your eating regular having super free snacks, your hex syns there shouldn't be much room for massive meals carb laden meals.

I swear by taking 5 min break mid way between your dinner, having a glass of water and waiting just a few minutes when it's a carb type meal 90% of time I'm happily satisfied the times I've carried on to finish I'm then stuffed and over eaten. Eat slowly

from fat to skinny jeans only 50lbs to go

I discussed this with my consultant on Monday .. Every diet I have followed in the past has involved cutting down on carbs so when I found out that sw allows carbs I was a little bit aprehensive.. Especially since being a vegetarian means I am a little more limited in my choices. I haven't weighed in yet so I am very curious to see how I get on still eating as many carbs as I am but my consultant has assured me I will be fine. Fingers crossed!
I guess it's all about moderation I am trying not to have carbs with every meal just because I am aware of the calorie content and also how they bloat me up .

You've all saved me from repeating meself!
But will add - try to forget anything you from other diets you may have tried or things you hear in the media,
it could hold you back from doing really well. xx

what they said. ^^^^

calories is a swear word over here.:D

Hi all I thought today that I'd count the calories in my food and so far without tea I'm at 800 cals!

And for tea ill most prob have rice with something like quorn peices, veg and sauce but that will be alot of calories espesh for the rice.

I just don't understand how we can eat so many carbs which contain alot of calories and still lose weight.

Not that I'm sure how many calories we need to intake to lose weight to be honest.

Has anyone else thougt about this? X

The diet is calorie controlled just like any other, but as other posters have said, follow the rules and you'll be fine. Calorie count if you hit a brick wall to see why. I found that on SW i usually ate about 1400 calories.

As Ive counted calories for years Ive found it hard to get my head around - sometimes at the end of the day Ill work out the calories for what Ive had but am trying to get out of the habit!

I guess some days youll have more calories than you need & some days youll have less so theyll balance eachother out, thats what Im finding anyway x

Thanks for all of your replys :) like all have said ill stick to the plan 100% and see how I go :D I were just having one of my deep thought moments that's all lol x

my deep thoughts are usually chocolate coated,

xxx

Hi, I've recently come back to SW after defecting to CC. I just got fed up with counting everything, but at the end of my first day back to SW I did count the calories too and it worked out at 1600 which is about right for me, but now I have the freedom of not adding up everything.

I find with calorie counting that I'm constantly using most of my allowance on bread and chocolate...then im miserable. Better off using syns wisely and eating to appetite

Back