Calories or fat ????

booboocraig

Silver Member
I just wanted to ask as on Alli I was told to eat upto 1800 calories a day and 19g of fat per meal.....
On Xenical do I go more on the fat intake than calories ???
And is it no more than 45g fat per day ???

I have seen you aren't mean't to go over 5g rule so breckie is changed can't have porridge anymore lol

Helppppppp lol xxx :confused:

No you're not allowed over 5g per 100g..and no more then 15g per meal...no more then 45g a day...I know that there's some people that count calories aswell..but as far as I know you don't need to..I'm focussing on the fat for now and maybe take in calories and things like that later on..Good luck! :)

i do the myfitnesspal and it says about 1800 cals but i stick to the 15g per meal rule/45g total per day.

Thankyou both .....and GOODLUCK xx

I'm not counting carbs Rach, just eating them in moderation. I'm that by cutting out one food group is akin to going to another kind of diet, whether this be a fad/crash/alternative diet.

Whilst I do always look at the fat content, I do keep an eye on the calories, but don't count them religiously.

I'm not counting carbs Rach, just eating them in moderation. I'm that by cutting out one food group is akin to going to another kind of diet, whether this be a fad/crash/alternative diet.

Whilst I do always look at the fat content, I do keep an eye on the calories, but don't count them religiously.

I'm not religiously counting carbs just trying to make sure i dont go mad with them, and they are always good carbs, not from sweets or chocolate etc!!

with pasta a normal portion is 100g but in Alli book it says to drop it to 60g.....potatoes 150g to a portion.....

I can't believe how full I feel on my new portions :)

i've been feeling fuller too after smaller portions. strange that but good :D

mine was boredom and comfort eating. even thou now still get bored i find myself reaching for a piece of fruit or a yoghurt

mine was boredom and comfort eating. even thou now still get bored i find myself reaching for a piece of fruit or a yoghurt

I like the tesco light choices forest fruit and raisin bars, or a jelly for a snack! Or a banana, not big into fruit unless its strawberries which annoyingly are so expensive here!! :mad: so dont buy them often!!

ok, until your closer to your goal weight dont bother counting anything other than fat.. stick to 45g of fat a day. no more but less if you want to...They say have about 15g of fat for each meal but dont worry if you go over this per meal or under this per meal as long as you stick to the 5g of fat in 100g rule.although the fish i have has 6g of fat but i have never had any side effects. but everybody is different..
Hope this helps.

Thanks Autumn, thats a great help......x

Rach, it's not quite the time yet, but why don't you grow some strawberries? I grew some last year for the first time, along with a whole host of other stuff, and they were so nice - no air miles in them at all!!

I went in feet first last year and grew allsorts, some things were successful, but others, it just wasn't really cost effective, but I'll definitely be on with my herb garden again and tomatoes, peas, mange tout and sweetcorn. Not bothering with spuds either, too much compost for not a great reward. Rhubarb too is great!!

As for raspberries and blackberries, I didn't grow them, just went out walking up the fell behind our house with carrier bags and filled lots from the hedges!! Frozen lots for smoothies and other goodies, but have jammed and chutney'd a lot too!! We really got into the spirit of things, and hubby greeted my home one day with a mop bucket full of wild cherry plums and also hazelnuts too!!

ohh plums lovely..i love a chutney never tried making one though!! Never thought of rhubarb either another good one!! We grew potatoes one year, but didnt get much out of it so dont think i would bother doing that again..My dad grows all his own veg, sprouts, courgette, sweet corn, carrots, marrow, cabbage, potatoes, tomatoes, blueberries, rhubarb almost anything you could think of!! Shame he isnt closer to me :(

I've got a few pots which I grow my herbs and rhubarb in, but for the other veg, I was lucky enough to pass by a house which was selling an old wooden horse, you know, those that you used to use at gym in primary school that split into 3? So we split it up and I've got myself 3 little veg patches!

(PS forgot about the sloe's we collected too, made them into sloe gin, but I guess that's not something I should be putting on a xenical diet forum lol!!)

Back